Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Bad Video Games posted:

My Fu is only around 6k hp. I don't even know how you get 8k without 4 hp mainstats? But my big problem with Aventurine is the DoTs and hp reduction from the elites beforehand.

Ratio bodies Cocolia in 5 cycles. drat near 4, I'm only 1 action off. Maybe DoT team with Pela would work for Aventurine? It just leaves my Lynx exposed, but she's nowhere close to dying.

Just two hp mainstats. I have s2 of her lc because I got "lucky" pulling for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Eimi posted:

A well built Fu Xuan easily no shows Aventurine's mechanic. Or maybe mine is beyond decently geared and is very much geared idk. 8280 hp, 1987 def, she easily soaks his hit. The only danger is if she's at just about 50% before he does it. Fortunately he does that dice aoe the turn before he does the gently caress you mechanic so she should always get a heal off.

That's about where mine is as well, with similar "yeah that don't do poo poo" reactions.

If I had to guess it's probably her signature.

Edit: ah, yeah, exactly, that's what you and I have over sub-8k Fus

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
The LC is the big factor, it has both a large base HP and a % boost. 6k is pretty normal without it.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKj16KPl0jg

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Don't need her cone to hit 7.5k

Though running ageless probly helps a bit.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
My XF has no cone, but 7k HP and 2.5k DEF.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
MoC 12 definitely feels like a big leap in difficulty this time. MoC 11 was a breezy 2 cycles but MoC 12 meanwhile is a glacial 9 cycles. Aventurine really does waste a lot of time with his dice gimmick if you let him.

The RNG aspect of it is also more annoying than I expected, I managed to fail a lot more contests with blast attacks than is reasonable.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Love that the trial Sparkle today comes speed-tuned to 1 below the DHIL. They know what the people want.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Oh yeah, the trailer's not one of their best, imo.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
they wasted all the trailer juice on the last one with all the dumb swords, you hate to see it

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Phase 1 of moc 12 felt more tricky, because you really need to run mono lightning. I had to use Serval+Kafka+Ruan Mei to punch through the dinosaur.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

The entirety of the current patch story is a trailer for Aventurine.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
Speaking of reckless gamblers, I submit this for your viewing pleasure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktu1Al-w7SM

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

librarerun posted:

Speaking of reckless gamblers, I submit this for your viewing pleasure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktu1Al-w7SM

now this is podracing

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Nothing makes me badness at this game more apparent than getting A on manual and S on auto

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

blizzardvizard posted:

Boothill doesn't do much until the enemy actually gets broken and Ruan Mei significantly lowers the threshold you need to hit, Harmony MC is genuinely the most replaceable one in that comp
yeah but. but boothills already gonna break them. thats his thing. he doesnt need ruan mei to break them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

like again ruan mei is his best option i just dont want people skipping him because 'oh, he needs ruan mei...' hes gonna be one of the most f2p friendly characters in the entire game. with ruan mei versus without ruan mei is not that significant a difference going by every single test calculation ive seen and all the 0 cycles ive seen without ruan mei. im crying here btw

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I'm skipping him because he's running too soon after aventurine, alas

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yea thats fine

i more just mean 'if you like him he is a very plug and play DPS who you can definitely get use out of in MoC.' id only really recommend pulling for him for meta reasons if your account is new or you really need a single target DPS for MoC. unlike acheron he doesnt have that significant a power boost at any higher eidolon (not that acheron needs e2, but you know) and he doesn't desperately need specific supports, unlike acheron where her best f2p comp is like, pela and gallagher are good 4* options but at that point you're sort of grasping at straws for a 4th slot. guinaifen works but isnt great. and unlike acheron he's actually good with completely f2p lightcones, ie final victor.

in boothill's case you can run boothill/harmony mc/tingyun/gallagher and its a totally fine hypercarry setup for him.

not that acheron is garbage in a f2p account just that she loses a significant chunk of her power. like if f2p acheron is 70% f2p boothill is 90%. thats all im saying here.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Endorph posted:

yeah but. but boothills already gonna break them. thats his thing. he doesnt need ruan mei to break them.

right his enhanced basic has the highest toughness damage in the game iirc at 150, whereas current highest is Xueyi ult at 120

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

also consider: robot cowboy

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Got MoC12 in 20 turns.

For 1st half, did Lynx, Topaz, Silver Wolf, Sparkle

2nd half, did Fu Xuan, Clara, Ruan Mei, Yanqing (lol seeing some action in a long while)

RM helps a lot in extending break time. Did first hp bar of Aventurine without him using the dice because he stayed broken, and almost did 2nd bar too but he managed to get one dice off at 15% hp

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

GateOfD posted:

Got MoC12 in 20 turns.

For 1st half, did Lynx, Topaz, Silver Wolf, Sparkle

2nd half, did Fu Xuan, Clara, Ruan Mei, Yanqing (lol seeing some action in a long while)

RM helps a lot in extending break time. Did first hp bar of Aventurine without him using the dice because he stayed broken, and almost did 2nd bar too but he managed to get one dice off at 15% hp

Seeing all these ice comps 3-starring 12 makes me wonder if maybe I should be busting out Herta...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

misha is actually pretty good against aventurine, but ofc most people dont have him leveled/traced

Endorph fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Apr 16, 2024

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Misha can deal a ridiculous (up to) 330 toughness damage against a single target with his Ult, so I'm actually eyeing him as a potential break team support/pseudo-sustain. He has a chance to inflict 16% DEF down on his Ult with his E2, too

Speaking of break supports I probably can't put off building Pela anymore

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

She’s great, the time is now

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

yeah once i discovered how good pela could be i never went back (pre ratio even!)

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Selenephos posted:

The entirety of the current patch story is a trailer for Aventurine.

yeah its this they dont need to sell us on the character we've had an entire patch storyline to get to know better

but the trailer was undeniably mid

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Pela (and Tingyun) are the "secretly a 5 star" characters of HSR

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Repeating gambling catchphrases 10 times over gets old after a while

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its sort of hard to make a trailer for aventurine that doesnt spoil the 2.1 story. with acheron her backstory and stuff is just sort of a sidething that her and welt vaguely talk about so showing it in a trailer doesnt really spoil anything. but aventurine's backstory, personality, and character are what the entire 2.1 story is about so its hard to show it off without stepping on the 2.1's story toes. and these trailers are as much to draw new players in as they are to get current players to roll for the character.

to be clear i would much rather actually explore the character's backstory in the game itself so this is better but it is why his trailer isnt as over the top as acheron's was.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm almost considering skipping Aventurine for Boothill. Except Boothill doesn't solve any of my current problems. He might be able to shave a cycle off MoC 12?

I can body Cocolia in 4 cycles. Ratio, Topaz, Silver Wolf, and Luocha. The trick is to focus on the fat ice demon on the first wave and Cocolia on the second. The dinosaur falls pretty easily when he's weak to every hit. Also, Aventurine's follow-ups might give me that extra cycle just for the extra Numby advances.

Now, to try to optimize Aventurine. I'm going to attempt it with an old-fashioned DoT team, though maybe I should drop Asta for Clara. We'll see.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you're running ratio/topaz then robin might also be worth a look

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
How on earth do people use Jing/RM/Bronya/FX without running out of skill points? My Bronya is even E1 and has her light cone and I still can't avoid using her basic sometimes due to lack of SP. Is it because I'm using speed tuned Bronya instead of hyperspeed Bronya?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Endorph posted:

if you're running ratio/topaz then robin might also be worth a look

The only issue with Robin is that Ratio requires a couple of limited lightcones or Topaz's e1 to remain consistent. Also, the current MoC 12 lacks Imaginary weakness on half the enemies. I think SW is just required unless you have better stats than I can put together.

She's definitely on my radar, but I'm thinking rerun.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Izzhov posted:

How on earth do people use Jing/RM/Bronya/FX without running out of skill points? My Bronya is even E1 and has her light cone and I still can't avoid using her basic sometimes due to lack of SP. Is it because I'm using speed tuned Bronya instead of hyperspeed Bronya?

Do you have RM’s light cone that gives 1SP every other use of her Ult

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Izzhov posted:

You hope the enemy dies before you run out of the stock of skill points from your pre-cast techniques. I assume this is about Aventurine in MoC as this is also the team I used and it was not fun. Got it in the six cycles I had available but skill points ended up not being an issue because when I started paying closer attention to the turbulence there were times I found myself using Bronya basics for better handling of the turbulence.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

shrach posted:

You hope the enemy dies before you run out of the stock of skill points from your pre-cast techniques. I assume this is about Aventurine in MoC as this is also the team I used and it was not fun. Got it in the six cycles I had available but skill points ended up not being an issue because when I started paying closer attention to the turbulence there were times I found myself using Bronya basics for better handling of the turbulence.

This is a terrific tip, thank you! I'm gonna try this out.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Just skip all these tryhard nerds imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Just skip all these tryhard nerds imo

Pulling Robin because her ult is a good vibes only location
https://twitter.com/Pierrepilled/status/1773166636100407613?t=6eah9tJyjK9-Qpph7t52tg&s=19