Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Older guy working at Microsoft gets laid off after 33 years, immediately spouts praise for the company that shitcanned him

After abundant reflection, I have concluded that I am nowhere close to the "R word".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Not So Fast posted:

After abundant reflection, I have concluded that I am nowhere close to the "R word".

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Xaris posted:

thats what i was saying about airports but even applies in hospitality or anything public facing. americans have become unhinged Abnormals. tis sad, they should just be Normal

being constantly abused by organizations trying to steal your money will do that

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

When a fella who worked on windows phone hits the free agent market, you know we're in tough times

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

biceps crimes posted:

My tees were all from Uniqlo. I bought them back in 2015, they’re great and cheap but now they’re getting worn out. idk what to replace them with, people recommend like 60 dollar tees which is ridiculous to me. the tees I bought were $10 each but now they’re $25 each. I bought one new recently just to try and it sucks now. can’t find a plain, inexpensive and decent tee that fits well and isn’t immediately bacon collared after a couple of washes

bizarrely, bonfire, the patreon/influencer merch place. I have no idea why but for whatever reason they buy high-quality base shirts to print on. I end up wearing the shirts I bought from them a lot more often than I'd have expected because they're so much more comfortable than brandname poo poo, and they're not wearing out.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I have a lovely bootleg Blade Runner shirt I got off Ebay a long time ago printed on some generic Hanes blank that I have been using as a work shirt in a warehouse for 20 years that is still mostly together while all my others have disintegrated into tatters and I wonder what black magic they used to make those back then.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

I have a lovely bootleg Blade Runner shirt I got off Ebay a long time ago printed on some generic Hanes blank that I have been using as a work shirt in a warehouse for 20 years that is still mostly together while all my others have disintegrated into tatters and I wonder what black magic they used to make those back then.

Hanes still makes a quality t-shirt for the price... I bought a pack for workout shirts and they're nice thick cotton and they've held up a solid 4 years now without tearing or staining.

Problem is they're boxy as hell and "out of fashion"

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

No way in hell lol

I would write up a rebuttal but all the other posts afterwards did the job

that guy is wealthy as gently caress

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

SKULL.GIF posted:

this is the absolute worst genre of tweet

https://twitter.com/yubaba_yaga/status/1556391412752678912

article was good tho

Gandhi had this poo poo figured out by making spinning your own textiles an empowering political act.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

Older guy working at Microsoft gets laid off after 33 years, immediately spouts praise for the company that shitcanned him

What's actually funny about this is this guy was fired after after HR implemented his own efficiency improvement plan lmao.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Biplane posted:

What's actually funny about this is this guy was fired after after HR implemented his own efficiency improvement plan lmao.

Hoist by his own dancing R.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

If you go to the effort of providing charts and powerpoints about why your own position is unnecessary like what choice do they really have

he middle-managed himself out of a job

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

If you go to the effort of providing charts and powerpoints about why your own position is unnecessary like what choice do they really have

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Scarabrae posted:

Hey Now You’re an R-STAR

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
https://www.wsj.com/business/media/live-nation-justice-department-antitrust-lawsuit-ab98c268

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Biplane posted:

Imagine how furious they would be if they were living paycheck to paycheck and had to feel the real sting of capitalism. He will learn no lesson from this.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1780130803449545033?t=9cGUUb7CVCpvEEJdmhuEjg&s=19

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Do not doubt the political power of wealthy white women denied their Taylor Swift tix

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

BLOOD

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

This was a plot point in the Drew Carrey show. In one of the late seasons, he gets his dream job being a middle manager or director at Goldman Sachs. He is tasked with a reorg, and does such a good job he reorgs himself out of a job.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Is this Notre Dame for Protestant Europe?

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
nobody building housing:
https://twitter.com/deitaone/status/1780212288823103630?t=eipIP3Brnxp68_hpF9XuGA

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
lol Outlook now has a flag you can set for calendar invites that specifically asks the invited to attend in person

gently caress you

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Biden administration agrees to provide $6.4 billion to Samsung for making computer chips in Texas.

In addition to the $6.4 billion, Samsung has indicated it also will claim an investment tax credit from the U.S. Treasury Department.

skooma512 posted:

How are we gonna pay for it? :thunk:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

lol Outlook now has a flag you can set for calendar invites that specifically asks the invited to attend in person

gently caress you

eat my dick

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Nonsense, it's high demand will surely encourage building and innovation, not hoarding and gouging.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

gradenko_2000 posted:

gently caress you

great, glad my org is about a year behind on releases so can’t wait for this …

isn’t new outlook just the web version now on the desktop?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

gradenko_2000 posted:

gently caress you

There are very few meetings that have any benefit from in person attendance and the vast majority work far better as video. I absolutely hate people that specifically ask for people to attend in person just because they like it better that way. And generally just ignore them and dial in anyway.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Thoguh posted:

There are very few meetings that have any benefit from in person attendance and the vast majority work far better as video. I absolutely hate people that specifically ask for people to attend in person just because they like it better that way. And generally just ignore them and dial in anyway.

if you're asking me to attend in person you better have lunch or at least snacks provided

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Thoguh posted:

I have this one meeting that happens twice a month since 2022 that I've been attending regularly until they stopped offering a dial-in number in Feb... so I stopped attending.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

l o l

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

so my son wants a dog and I had a sheltie growing up, great dog…looked into getting a puppy from a reputable breeder

$3400

lmao

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

gradenko_2000 posted:

gently caress you

So I'm guessing it's explicitly bound to the O365 protocol and both individuals have to be using Outlook web/desktop?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

That is an insanely bad sign. S&P +2.1% today

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Thoguh posted:

after working in office now since sept after about 2 yrs WFH, the difference to me is that a lot of people in my line of work are just passive with electronic communication with regards to internal initiatives and I’ve had to walk in their office to talk to them about stuff.

they’re not into just getting teams calls all the time or whatever. if people in my office were more accepting of impromptu virtual communication it can go a long way. but people above me have to see me loving walk around the building.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Scarabrae posted:

so my son wants a dog and I had a sheltie growing up, great dog…looked into getting a puppy from a reputable breeder

$3400

lmao

wow your parents musta been loaded

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Scarabrae posted:

$3400

lmao
lol I'm saving up to get another sheltie but whoops guess I'm not even close

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Scarabrae posted:

$3400

lmao

rescue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lots of perfectly fine dogs down at the pound