Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Xaris posted:

thats what i was saying about airports but even applies in hospitality or anything public facing. americans have become unhinged Abnormals. tis sad, they should just be Normal

"have become"? nah, they always were, it's just that they took off the masks during covid and never put them back on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
get whatever dog you want from where you want. dont let these pound-pilled pitcucks bully you around

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Ammanas posted:

get whatever dog you want from where you want. dont let these pound-pilled pitcucks bully you around

half of c-spam goons have memed themselves into genuinely feeling this way

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

When a fella who worked on windows phone hits the free agent market, you know we're in tough times

I miss mine. Thing was a tank, and never slowed down

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

BrotherJayne posted:

I miss mine. Thing was a tank, and never slowed down

that means the guy who worked on it was a bad designer. if he was smart, it would have broken around the time that your cell phone contract was up

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Who was the 'proudly killed a dog on my way to buy lentils' poster lol

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Just made $200 shorting $DJT. MAGA

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Grey Fox posted:

I had the pleasure of working with a couple retired greyhounds a few months back, and they were very sweet dogs. The owner loved to tell the story about how they walked past a tree and one of the dogs snatched a squirrel right off it and sprayed blood everywhere.

Those old cunts sure do love their blood and animal suffering

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Been seeing a lot of poo poo like this lately

quote:

Hello, so we got a letter in the mail from our realtor stating our landlord needs the property back. We got this letter 2 weeks ago ) We were month to month then it changed to yearly in December. We got a 60 day notice to move out
We found a house, was asked if we can move in April 1st, we told them we can’t but can move in on the 12th, which we did.
Landlord is gonna give us our security deposit back, but won’t give us our last months rent back.

absolutely loving loony, "I need to do something else with the house, your lease ends in December but get the gently caress out and also I'm keeping your money."

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

that means the guy who worked on it was a bad designer. if he was smart, it would have broken around the time that your cell phone contract was up

Literally too good to succeed

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Just fly to any country and pick up a street dog. Cairo had so many dogs and cats running around and were friendly. Bing bong easy

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Been seeing a lot of poo poo like this lately

absolutely loving loony, "I need to do something else with the house, your lease ends in December but get the gently caress out and also I'm keeping your money."

this stuff happens constantly and is nothing new

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
What is the most ideological purebred dog for CSPAM?

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
German shepherd

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Hubbert posted:

What is the most ideological purebred dog for CSPAM?

lovely little inbred pug that wheezes loudly when doing anything and its been posed so it looks like its working at a little computer

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Nitevision posted:

I love the idea of a reputable pet breeder... Yeah these people keep a ton of living animals in captivity and force them breed with each other endlessly for profit. Basically distorting and harnessing a force of nature in order to extract excess wealth from people who have what are basically racist preferences about animals. But they do it in the Ethical way

Eh, they do exist at least in niches. I have a friend that loves to hunt and loves to train hunting dogs and he does it on the side to pay for all his hunting costs. Just 1 or 2 litters a year and they get them fully trained and then sell them for a few grand each.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Regarde Aduck posted:

lovely little inbred pug that wheezes loudly when doing anything and its been posed so it looks like its working at a little computer

yeah but how about when you turn on your monitor? booya!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Dogday Economics

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lol what a joke of a country

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
All the better to charge you late fees and make you get a lawyer/accountant

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i'm trying to figure out some code stuff and the entire internet really is completely loving broken. docs are horrible and everything is now videos that are equally horrible because they drag on and on and are a nightmare to buffer through. i want to die.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

I think the lone computer toucher in my family solely relies on the clojure slack at this point. never bothers to google anything anymore

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

thankfully law has never used google. tho west law gets worse and worse. they keep trying to phase out Boolean searches

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

triple sulk posted:

i'm trying to figure out some code stuff and the entire internet really is completely loving broken. docs are horrible and everything is now videos that are equally horrible because they drag on and on and are a nightmare to buffer through. i want to die.

Yup. All information is stored in video format because video ads are the only thing that makes money, and Google's entire ecosystem is funneling everything into it.

Trying to get the info you need out of a video is excruciating. Even for stuff where it could be useful, like working on a car, you have to scrub back and forth endlessly on your phone. Step-by-step gifs with descriptions would be 100x better. A little harder to make, maybe, but software could help. It just wouldn't make any money and no one would be able to find it.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

I'm glad Park Tool hasn't enshittified their channel yet, I guess since their ploy is to use video to drive sales, rather than go after ad revenue

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

fart barterer posted:

Yup. All information is stored in video format because video ads are the only thing that makes money, and Google's entire ecosystem is funneling everything into it.

Trying to get the info you need out of a video is excruciating. Even for stuff where it could be useful, like working on a car, you have to scrub back and forth endlessly on your phone. Step-by-step gifs with descriptions would be 100x better. A little harder to make, maybe, but software could help. It just wouldn't make any money and no one would be able to find it.

It rules that it got publicly revealed that Zuckerberg was spoofing the stats to force pivot-to-video and it was all bullshit and people shrugged and kept forcing video pivot anyway even though most people hate it

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Scarabrae posted:

so my son wants a dog and I had a sheltie growing up, great dog…looked into getting a puppy from a reputable breeder

$3400

lmao

Mr Hootington posted:

Lots of perfectly fine dogs down at the pound

Got my 45 lb pocket pitbull for $17.95. but I got her before the kids, harder to introduce afterwards. My buddies went for a Breeder Rottweiler and he started at like 10 lbs. I brought my dog on over to socialize them both. A month later the big dawg grew to 60lbs or something. My grandma dog bucked at him like he was still puppy sized and he sat down because that's gramma. Dude topped out at like 95 lbs or something, just a big ol dummy boy.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

George H.W. oval office posted:

Just fly to any country and pick up a street dog. Cairo had so many dogs and cats running around and were friendly. Bing bong easy

There's a local shelter that claims to fly in rescues from Egypt. I'm more than a little skeptical because they have almost exclusively have fluffy breed cats (Persians, ragdolls, etc.) and they charge $500 instead of typical $200-250. I strongly suspect they're just selling excess local breeder cats. In fact some of the profiles basically admit as much. Others say absurd poo poo like "this cat was found living in an oil barrel by the railroad tracks on Alexandria playing a harmonica to beg for sardines" or "this cat was rescued from Mike Vick's underground catfighting ring".

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

It rules that it got publicly revealed that Zuckerberg was spoofing the stats to force pivot-to-video and it was all bullshit and people shrugged and kept forcing video pivot anyway even though most people hate it

Yeah, that scam got a sizeable chunk of journalists fired, just decimated the industry.

Individuals who want to share quality info and make money need to use video, and to make money the videos need to be longer because the revenue is based partially on watch time, so what should be 20-30 seconds (or a paragraph) turns into the video equivalent of those awful recipe blogs.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites
WA is one of the pilot states for filing with the IRS directly so I was excited to try them out this year but it turns out they’d don’t accept your filing if you have basically any forms beyond a w-2 so whoops.

I don’t get it either cause like most 1099 income isn’t that hard to fill out, I had -INT from some CDs and the banks literally just send you a form that says “put this number in that box”, and even stock sales are really just 3 numbers, what it was worth when you got it, what it was worth when you sold it, how many you sold.

So it all seemed particularly pointless cause even the lovely tax filers are cheap/free if you’re literally just plugging in a w-2 so I’m not sure what problem the IRS is trying to alleviate.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

PoundSand posted:

WA is one of the pilot states for filing with the IRS directly so I was excited to try them out this year but it turns out they’d don’t accept your filing if you have basically any forms beyond a w-2 so whoops.

I don’t get it either cause like most 1099 income isn’t that hard to fill out, I had -INT from some CDs and the banks literally just send you a form that says “put this number in that box”, and even stock sales are really just 3 numbers, what it was worth when you got it, what it was worth when you sold it, how many you sold.

So it all seemed particularly pointless cause even the lovely tax filers are cheap/free if you’re literally just plugging in a w-2 so I’m not sure what problem the IRS is trying to alleviate.

That sucks. Even a checking account will gain some amount of interest, so you'll still have an -INT. I don't know if there's a threshold there, though, but I do put the two bucks I earned in my checking account into H&R Block or whatever, plus a little more from savings since it's a higher rate now.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

I just don't use software that doesn't have written docs. Most python stuff has great documentation

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm sure they charge a premium for each genetic disorder they breed into those dogs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fart barterer posted:

Yeah, that scam got a sizeable chunk of journalists fired, just decimated the industry.

Individuals who want to share quality info and make money need to use video, and to make money the videos need to be longer because the revenue is based partially on watch time, so what should be 20-30 seconds (or a paragraph) turns into the video equivalent of those awful recipe blogs.

At least the recipe blogs all have a skip to recipe button. That + ad blocker and the cooking Internet is still dope.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Feral Integral posted:

I just don't use software that doesn't have written docs. Most python stuff has great documentation

HAHAHAHAHA You have choice.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

fart barterer posted:

That sucks. Even a checking account will gain some amount of interest, so you'll still have an -INT. I don't know if there's a threshold there, though, but I do put the two bucks I earned in my checking account into H&R Block or whatever, plus a little more from savings since it's a higher rate now.

it was a 1500 limit I think on 1099 so you could still do it with the 15 cents you get from your checking account lol but if anything it makes it more aggravating that they won’t let you do that with high yield savings or such cause it’s not like the form changes it’s just a bigger number in the box.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I called the IRS to ask a question about part of a document on their website and they answered remarkably quickly and helpfully forwaded me to the correct line for those kinds of questions. That line is just a voicemail that says "we don't answer questions on anything but the most basic of topics by phone, bye now".

When I tried to subvert the system and continue talking to a real person they sadly confirmed that the only advice they can give is to read the website again.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/Shtreetwear/status/1779863735705714795

What level of 'stripping the copper out of the walls' is stripping the headlights out of cars?

e: I don't think they're using headlights for grow-ops no, it's just very funny that they're peeling rich people's cars open to steal their headlights for resale to other people who had their headlights stolen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
hell yeah