Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Tbf, RC was never the bottleneck for the identify roulette, in my experience.

Edit: For DD2, there not being much to spend RC on is just another facet of there not really being much of an endgame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

e: Capcom also provides pity hires, identifiable by the 'Arisen' not having a Steam profile, but presumably that would indeed not count towards any pawn quests
i think there's more to this than a profile not showing. when i got the --sphinx--- pawn badge i had some of those involved and items sent that wouldn't be in a pity hire pool (and my pawn is hired enough to not hit that system)

it may depend on some family sharing, privacy settings, etc. or more realistically if the profile entry is invalid or corrupt in some way it just hides them all. i've seen a batch of hires that can all be missing a way to view the hirer, but they don't seem to have static names

i'll keep some notes going forward i guess

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Owl Inspector posted:

does rearmament even do anything besides add the QOL of not having to open the menu to change weapons?

It lets you carry everything lighter than your heaviest weapon for 0 weight

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
It's cool to see that some people actually use Warfarer as it was intended with smart multi-weapon setups and weight optimisation.

From my personal use of the vocation, it could have been called Fashionista.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
I just use Warfarer to play as a Thief but with a bow I can hotswap to for emergencies. Also a cooler shirt than Thieves normally get.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I use Warfarer so I can have Sagittate Avalanche and Draw & Quarter both available at once, plus let me use all those explosive arrows I've been collecting. And also a wizard stick to levitate when convenient.

Being able to wear anything is a side benefit.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
I use warfarer so I can wholesale change vocations at a campfire. and also to look hot and wreck monsters.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

doomfunk posted:

I use warfarer so I can wholesale change vocations at a campfire.

Oh god drat

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Hum dee dum I can't possibly imagine what the secret of this village in which every single resident is armed with dual daggers is, ah well.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Tbf, RC was never the bottleneck for the identify roulette, in my experience.

Edit: For DD2, there not being much to spend RC on is just another facet of there not really being much of an endgame.

i bought the 9999 glasses for my pawn b/c what else am i gonna do with it, i also bought all the dyes but fr you simply do not need much rc

i really can't wait for more endgame stuff in this

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

free hubcaps posted:

Hum dee dum I can't possibly imagine what the secret of this village in which every single resident is armed with dual daggers is, ah well.

poo poo. I didn't notice that detail. That's neat.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

free hubcaps posted:

I really like the guy "hiding" by the fireplace who's like, congrats, you found me, here's a prize, on your way now

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

What was the point of that village? The only reason I went was to get the spell.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Vintersorg posted:

What was the point of that village? The only reason I went was to get the spell.

It's part of one of the quests from Brant, the one about investigating the fake Sovran. But I don't think it's required as long as you do enough of the others, so it's likely entirely skippable.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Ytlaya posted:

This is an opinion born of perversion. My Arisen and her pawn are simply close friends and colleagues.

You don't spend that much time getting Baron Harkonnen's fat head just right without falling in love

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

FishMcCool posted:

It's part of one of the quests from Brant, the one about investigating the fake Sovran. But I don't think it's required as long as you do enough of the others, so it's likely entirely skippable.

on that topic the entire fake sovran stuff seemed half done and was sorta unsatisfying, same with disa

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Yeah i was expecting more from confronting the fake sovran but he just keeled over wordlessly with a hundred magick arrows in his face like everyone else

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

This is an opinion born of perversion. My Arisen and her pawn are simply close friends and colleagues.

If this is true then why are they the only one allowed inside your house

Methinks the Arisen doth protest too much

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
got some real archeologists ITT

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Phlegmish posted:

Methinks the Arisen doth protest too much

Heard this with that smarmy chuckle pawns occasionally do

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jack Trades posted:

poo poo. I didn't notice that detail. That's neat.

I don't think the daggers are visible/exposed until you finish that quest?

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

free hubcaps posted:

Your game might've bugged a bit cause they aren't supposed to have daggers equipped until you discover the hideout.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I really like the guy "hiding" by the fireplace who's like, congrats, you found me, here's a prize, on your way now

It's explained in game that the guy in the mansion is a plant meant to keep people away from the hideout. It's why he gives you the faux "maister" skill, to make you think you've completed the test & get you to go away.

The hint that there's more is supposed to be the little girl running into the house and behind a door you can't open & how unforthcoming mansion guy is about the note you can find.

Nancy fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 16, 2024

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Nancy posted:

It's explained in game that the guy in the mansion is a plant meant to keep people away from the hideout. It's why he gives you the faux "maister" skill, to make you think you've completed the test & get you to go away.

The hint that there's more is supposed to be the little girl running into the house and behind a door you can't open & how unforthcoming mansion guy is about the note you can find.

Yeah, I know. I really like that.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Yeah, I know. I really like that.

Ah oops, misunderstood your post!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
lol no worries, it might help someone who missed it!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

never change, nexusmods

(genuine lol)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

that xyz guy has some good mods, but I’ll be passing on that one

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

I have finally been made to regret my purchasing of the PS5 version. :negative:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

do fighters with that mod still clasp at invisible hilts or are they doing a reacharound

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
So how do dual daggers work? :ohdear:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FishMcCool posted:

So how do dual daggers work? :ohdear:

It’s this in spirit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfeVoOKZhXY

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I have gotten so used to carrying piles of fruit waiting for them to ripen (After hitting 99 storage for most types anyways) and a wonderful stockpile of upgraded fruit snacks, that I was left confused wondering "Why do I have 10 weak garbage healing potions all of a sudden, a bunch of fruit and plants are missing, and a big logisticanicon pop up on the side?" while doing some item sorting at home.

And of course, I discover this lesson everyone else probably already knew after finally finding a mage for hire that isn't complete dogshit (Would you like NO weapon buffs? THREE weapon buffs? Has poison cure you consider mandatory, buff, two attacks... but no augs and paper bag defense) to replace the one I refused to let go of for the past thirty level because she had a sane setup.

I don't want to make my main pawn a mage again, I want to let her have fun being a ninja as a reward for hitting rank 9 everything. But at this rate considering how much poo poo she wrecks compared to the average internet stranger mage...

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Section Z posted:

I have gotten so used to carrying piles of fruit waiting for them to ripen (After hitting 99 storage for most types anyways) and a wonderful stockpile of upgraded fruit snacks, that I was left confused wondering "Why do I have 10 weak garbage healing potions all of a sudden, a bunch of fruit and plants are missing, and a big logisticanicon pop up on the side?" while doing some item sorting at home.

And of course, I discover this lesson everyone else probably already knew after finally finding a mage for hire that isn't complete dogshit (Would you like NO weapon buffs? THREE weapon buffs? Has poison cure you consider mandatory, buff, two attacks... but no augs and paper bag defense) to replace the one I refused to let go of for the past thirty level because she had a sane setup.

I don't want to make my main pawn a mage again, I want to let her have fun being a ninja as a reward for hitting rank 9 everything. But at this rate considering how much poo poo she wrecks compared to the average internet stranger mage...

I actually prefer my mages to have no buffs because I get really annoyed when I ask for healing and a mage shows up to cast two buffs and the debilitation removal before finally casting the heal.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
There's horny pawns, and then there's horny pawns

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Nuebot posted:

I actually prefer my mages to have no buffs because I get really annoyed when I ask for healing and a mage shows up to cast two buffs and the debilitation removal before finally casting the heal.
Which is a problem I don't have with just poison cure and weapon buff on personal mage setups.

Weapon will still probably be buffed, so generic heal bubble will be coming REAL SOON if they are not already spamming the poo poo out of it on principle unless I'm covered in oil or poison. (Honestly as nice as the temp HP spell is, they do love casting it only when I don't need it, yeah).

It is also another reason I love high frigor. Ice power geyser comes out, they get back to work. High levin will have them button mash while enemies have already pain flinched out of range, miss in the first place, or do basically no damage while pawns praise how smart we are for using a lightning weakness.

Though I also skip the direct heal spell because it is a lot easier (without a logistics pawn ruining things) to stay stocked on emergency snack packs even walking across the world, than it is to restock poison cures when fights go from "Nobody ever gets poisoned" to "loving everyone has been poisoned in the first five seconds why are you like this"

Section Z fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Apr 17, 2024

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
Yesterday I finally found the courage to confront the Medusa and the Sphinx. So I mustered all my courage, changed to fighter (which I am terrible at) for the shield and went all the way to one of the last unknown spots on the map, to the far west of Bakbattahl. After a long and arduous journey, where harpies threw me off a rope-bridge into the brine two times, I finally reached the end of the path and met a friggin' dragon?. I was totally expecting the Medusa or the Sphinx to be there. At least the Mystic Spearhand guy helped me out there. So I had to backtrack to another path and finally found my quarry. Changed to fighter for nothing because I was never able to petrify her even when I shielded up and got into the spotlight. I also failed to get her head, hoped my thief pawn would have been able to cut it off. I had a mace, so I probably wouldn't anyway. So that was a great succes. Never did find the Sphinx either.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Battahl pays a lot more for apples and grapes, so playing the ripened fruit market between the two countries has been quite profitable.
Blueberries are worthless in both so they become fruit pills.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

There's horny pawns, and then there's horny pawns

Looks like someone put the sheen slider all the way to the right. I experimented with some of those options when I was creating my pawn:

What I look for in a woman:

- Must use massive amounts of weirdly metallic blush that makes her cheeks look incredibly shiny
-

Actually that's it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So, I really wish I could ask the devs what the gently caress is up with some of the vocation balancing. As a warrior with 400+ knockdown res I regularly get stunned by really trivial poo poo like one hand sword skeletons, goblins throwing jugs of water and wolf tackles, but I completely ignore cyclops hammer swings and poo poo. If I switch to archer and just stand there spamming my quick shot attack at around the same knockdown res nothing short of grabs really knock me out of my attacks. Thief and archer both have exclusive armour with absurd defensive stats, while warriors and fighters get poo poo that gets outclassed by mage gear from time to time. Warrior's a lot more fun to play in this game than it was in the first, but it really feels like it's the afterthought of vocations.