Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

dobbymoodge posted:

You can train them to only steal little a breath.

as a treat

As soon as I saw the as a treat I was about to get mad you hosed up and said 'a little' instead of 'little a' but no, you did it right and I read it wrong initially, good job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

OPAONI posted:

As soon as I saw the as a treat I was about to get mad you hosed up and said 'a little' instead of 'little a' but no, you did it right and I read it wrong initially, good job
:same:

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

davidspackage posted:

Haha holy poo poo, how is he such an rear end in a top hat

The name says it all, really.

Love that someone went through the trouble of sharpening the murder post.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I showed my wife the Russian cursive and she could read it after a little work. I don't understand how.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

I showed my wife the Russian cursive and she could read it after a little work. I don't understand how.

most teachers of russian and Ukrainian still insist on students learning it and 99% of students can get it in the first week

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Rehoming a pet that might be difficult or hazardous around newborn children seems fairly reasonable

Yeah but they don’t have to be an rear end in a top hat about it, like Chris Pratt, or salivating about the animal’s euthanasia, like the goon whose name I will not reload the page to quote.

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

I didn't know they were filming Final Destination in Russia.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Final Destination in Russia is the metaphorical personification of Death furiously trying to prevent insane accidental fatalities before their time.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Baronjutter posted:

There's clear rules, and as long as those are followed by the writer and the reader, it's straightforward decoding. Same goes with decyphering historical manuscripts in paleography, at best it's not much harder than reading any other handwritten document. You get good at it with practise.

It gets more enigmatic when your now long dead scribe is using some unusual writing standard, or their pen is dry or smearing, or their hand is too tired or their candle too dim to make legible markings, or he is dyslexic or just writes words by different standards even to his period, or is a demented idiot who is just mashing misspelled words together with no consideration to grammar.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

the real unreadable Slavic script is glagolitic

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
https://i.imgur.com/cHwVaDK.mp4

zoux posted:

Final Destination in Russia is the metaphorical personification of Death furiously trying to prevent insane accidental fatalities before their time.

:hai:

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Pop your titty for your kitty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0eGQUpudPY

:nms: the kitty dies

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I wish I was brian Blessed

NoiseAnnoys posted:

most teachers of russian and Ukrainian still insist on students learning it and 99% of students can get it in the first week

I wonder if because of typoglycemia, a fascinating insight nugget into how the brain functions.

"Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

The antithesis to the myth that cats steal baby's breaths is the myth that chihuahuas can "take on" a child's asthma and cure them of it.

Feb 28, 2007

1️⃣
Just another number.

Rasmus posted:

I wonder if because of typoglycemia, a fascinating insight nugget into how the brain functions.

"Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

Huh, I find it really weird that not only can I indeed read it "wouthit porbelm", my brain also managed to instantly spot two typos :psyduck:

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Rasmus posted:

To me it reads like someone talking with a golf ball in their mouth

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Rasmus posted:

Man, I hated reading Feersum Endjinn.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

NoiseAnnoys posted:

the real unreadable Slavic script is globglogabgalabic

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Rasmus posted:

Holy poo poo. You just cracked dutch.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

1 posted:

Huh, I find it really weird that not only can I indeed read it "wouthit porbelm", my brain also managed to instantly spot two typos :psyduck:

Was about to say the same thing

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

But he didn't get hurt :(

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Karate Bastard posted:

Holy poo poo. You just cracked dutch.

Een seeriiuos language. :hai:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

zoux posted:

I would watch this. Give it to the Wallace & Grommit studio, make it stop motion.
Also av/post combo

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Nenonen posted:

There's clear rules, and as long as those are followed by the writer and the reader, it's straightforward decoding. Same goes with decyphering historical manuscripts in paleography, at best it's not much harder than reading any other handwritten document. You get good at it with practise.

It gets more enigmatic when your now long dead scribe is using some unusual writing standard, or their pen is dry or smearing, or their hand is too tired or their candle too dim to make legible markings, or he is dyslexic or just writes words by different standards even to his period, or is a demented idiot who is just mashing misspelled words together with no consideration to grammar.

Yeah, I can read most latin & germanic cursives from the 1500s on. Most are fairly straightforward, but sometimes you get someone who was clearly not educated and joins/splits words randomly, using dialect forms, etc. Those can be tough, but usually just doing multiple passes of partial readings will get you there in the end. I have an 8 page letter written in jail by an unschooled horse thief in the 1840s that's basically stream of consciousness. Still a few words to puzzle out there..

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

This actually made me laugh out loud, poor guy.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

Well since my post brought out the future cspam permabanned cat hater earlier, I'll say the cat they had was 10 and it wasn't a known reaction to the baby. It took about 3 weeks for them to train the cat to stop doing it and kid is now 5 and drags the cat around everywhere because they're best friends.

drat it's almost like they're reasonable people and not terminally online idiot savants with a hair trigger soapbox response.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

I do love these motorbike shenanigans!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Robobot posted:

Oh hey! I think I saw these guys in ‘97 with Dethroned and Cradle of Filth.

Also drat, I'd say Pratt got milkshake ducked but I'm afraid of what he might do to the duck :ohdear:

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

credburn posted:

But he didn't get hurt :(

Schadenfreude means mild inconvenience now, grandpa.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

madmatt112 posted:

Een seeriiuos language. :hai:

"geef me een klap papa"

:rolleyes:

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

A very real language.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Continued support for my belief that they were actually thinking of Dutch when they created the Swedish Chef :hmmyes:

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

He's making a joke though right? He's in an interview with two instances of himself and an AI note taker? Is there something I'm missing?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

cult_hero posted:

He's making a joke though right? He's in an interview with two instances of himself and an AI note taker? Is there something I'm missing?

You got the joke that the blue tick did not get. Congratulations, you are smarter than someone who paid for Twitter.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Important note, if you work for a public official don't tell reporters to "go suck a dick."

https://x.com/iriesentner/status/1780732271013552346

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I can tell them to go eat rear end though right??

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Suckin' dick is woke now?! God damnit

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Carthag Tuek posted:

Yeah, I can read most latin & germanic cursives from the 1500s on. Most are fairly straightforward, but sometimes you get someone who was clearly not educated and joins/splits words randomly, using dialect forms, etc. Those can be tough, but usually just doing multiple passes of partial readings will get you there in the end. I have an 8 page letter written in jail by an unschooled horse thief in the 1840s that's basically stream of consciousness. Still a few words to puzzle out there..

Post it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Unperson_47 posted:

Suckin' dick is woke now?! God damnit

We acquired it in the 2018 accords where we had to give up the ‘OK’ hand-sign.