Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

The Oldest Man posted:

literally a person with the job title "justice of the supreme court" like she's a 7 mana blue/white creature with vigilance and some kind of ridiculous spell interaction and they are whining about how unfair it was that she was expected to show good judgment and had a significant responsibility beyond her own personal high score, i loving hate these people

you can't ask someone to stop being on the Supreme Court. Once someone stops being on the Supreme Court they're less powerful and less influential and will get fewer favors and less respect. You may as well kill them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

https://twitter.com/noemiemakesmaps/status/1780012124971889124

..................great

Programmer Humor
Nov 27, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the genocide is bad.

but

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

lol the lady upset about this wrote this piece come ON grow UP

Wild that we've had an 8 member court since she had to officiate a wedding mid covid and died

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i still lol at the flag of mexico and pakistan on the dem side and the blm one

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

reminder that the ongoing realignment makes it so that high turnout might actually benefit the republicans more because the new democratic base of old white people are the main demographic that votes reliably without gotv motivation

imo low turnout substantially helps the left in primaries too, but for unrelated reasons.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
[Succ] Genocide is bad, but

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Looking pretty rough, Bernie.

Making Palestine part of the US would be crueler than anything Biden has done so far, though?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Joementum posted:

i promise you that i'm not posting this in the wrong thread

https://twitter.com/people/status/1777820792505458738

so was something edited out or something because im not seeing the punchline

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Some Guy TT posted:

so was something edited out or something because im not seeing the punchline

turn off your monitor

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Libs are really leaning into the whole "sleepy Trump" thing.

lol

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Wasn't that account run by a CIA dynasty nepobaby?

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

spacetoaster posted:

Libs are really leaning into the whole "sleepy Trump" thing.

lol

This seems ill advised

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

This seems ill advised

Some very "I'm not owned, you're owned!" energy

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

lol the lady upset about this wrote this piece come ON grow UP

lmao

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Yall are loving curmudgeons. Don poorleon and sleepy Don are objectively a sensible chuckle, stop obsessing over what sems think.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

[Succ] the genocide in gaza is bad !!! but

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

post hole digger posted:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

post hole digger posted:

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

SgtMongoose posted:

If McMagic and his like-minded liberal friends like David Frum thought there was even the slightest chance Biden could repeat his 2012 debate performance against Paul Ryan, single-handedly turning his opponent into a laughingstock and ending a man’s career dreams, they would be demanding debates. Clamoring for them. Debates would be the single most important and decisive events of the election. Just like they were in 2016.

But they know that Biden is a dementia patient that can’t speak 10 minutes, much less 90 minutes, extemporaneously without looking like a doddering old man with no idea where he is. So, they’re now unimportant rituals we are better off without. That’s it. That’s the extent of the liberal logic here.

That's giving Biden too much credit, Paul Ryan's career ended for the same reason McCarthy and Cantor's careers did; they were to beholden to megadonors to be able to satisfy the base interest of the howling masses and so had to slink away after failing to cow the base into quietly going along with what the corporate masters wanted.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

The Oldest Man posted:

reminder about this lady

can't we all just come together and agree that china bad?

Council on Foreign Relations, World Bank, AND Atlantc Council?

Lmao. Hitting every checkmark you can.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

didn't Paul Ryan get to retire at like 50 years old after basically accomplishing his life's work

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

The reason a Trump/Biden debate is necessary is because Trump will be on Biden like Major on a Secret Service agent

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

didn't Paul Ryan get to retire at like 50 years old after basically accomplishing his life's work

SNAP and WIC still exist and kids are still getting free lunch so no. Biden is working on accomplishing this but it's been his goal for far longer. Biden was crushing the poor beneath his loafers while Paul Ryan was still on welfare himself.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

drat, look how lucid biden was in 2012 when he was debating ryan.

Lib and let die posted:

The reason a Trump/Biden debate is necessary is because Trump will be on Biden like Major on a Secret Service agent

:hai:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

ELTON JOHN posted:

debates have the potential to be funny, tho they rarely are

The clown car republican debates had some good poo poo like liddle marco getting annihilated by Chris Christie on his way out

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Lord of Pie posted:

The clown car republican debates had some good poo poo like liddle marco getting annihilated by Chris Christie on his way out

I know it didn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but the "We must dispel" Marco glitch ruled to see live.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

The Oldest Man posted:

literally a person with the job title "justice of the supreme court" like she's a 7 mana blue/white creature with vigilance and some kind of ridiculous spell interaction and they are whining about how unfair it was that she was expected to show good judgment and had a significant responsibility beyond her own personal high score, i loving hate these people

loving Azorius...

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Toph Bei Fong posted:

loving Azorius...

gently caress it, you win

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

post hole digger posted:

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

I know it didn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but the "We must dispel" Marco glitch ruled to see live.

The utter disbelief on everyone’s faces when he started saying it for like a third time in response to being directly called out for saying it ruled. Jeb at least knew when to shut up and take the L.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

SgtMongoose posted:

The utter disbelief on everyone’s faces when he started saying it for like a third time in response to being directly called out for saying it ruled. Jeb at least knew when to shut up and take the L.

the all too common problem of over-coaching/over-rehearsing with politicians

it's why Trump's insane rambling resonates with the populace in a way someone like Rubio never can, because you can hear the gears grinding in his head as he calculates every word that comes into his mind as if against an internalized focus group

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

SgtMongoose posted:

Barbara getting on TV and being like "i think we've had enough president bushes" still kills me to this day

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

mcmagic posted:

We already know neither of them are up to the job.

We know that, but does everyone.

The Democrats have been making massive efforts to convince people that Biden's brain is sharp, the sharpest, could a man who gave the best State Of The Union address in history be demented?

If they can't risk putting him on TV unscripted that's not a great sign for their attempts to tell America his brain is great.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

VitalSigns posted:

We know that, but does everyone.

The Democrats have been making massive efforts to convince people that Biden's brain is sharp, the sharpest, could a man who gave the best State Of The Union address in history be demented?

If they can't risk putting him on TV unscripted that's not a great sign for their attempts to tell America his brain is great.

But how would America know that A) he's been kept away from TV, B) his appearances are scripted, and C) this is not great, if the people who make TV are fanatically committed to protecting and promoting him?

He disappeared for days and weeks on end when running against Bernie and nobody said anything. The loving US SecDef was secretly hospitalized twice, and that was kept out of the news until after the fact.

MassTran
Feb 27, 2015

I want there to be debates so I can lol some more at the state of this dying empire

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

MassTran posted:

I want there to be debates so I can lol some more at the state of this dying empire
Sadly, I don't think we're ever going to top the 2016 GOP Primary debates.

Nichael has issued a correction as of 01:17 on Apr 18, 2024

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

post hole digger posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

The Oldest Man posted:

reminder about this lady

can't we all just come together and agree that china bad?

ahahhahahahahahahahhahhahahhahahahahahahaahahahahhahahahhaahahaha they landed a megaspook