Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It seems unfair to expect crispix to do all the work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Vitamin P posted:

The exact opposite, I was the first to call that out. Can't remember exactly why I was threadbanned, think it was just being argumentative/a rude oval office generally and specifically being very 'no a second referendum when we haven't even left the EU is morally bad/will lose the election' when the UKMT consensus was on a second-ref delusion.

hmm yes let's go and spend two minutes looking at your posts in the threads you got probated in, I-

Vitamin P posted:

You are a piece of poo poo and I'm extremely glad you aren't systemically representative of trans people because you very obviously don't give a gently caress about other trans people potentally being able to have good lives.

Was gonna go debate bro and say 'please define "posting apologia for an institionally transphobic service"' but gently caress you just 1. tell us what would be sufficiently good enough for you and 2. highlight just one example that is systemically better than the one you're making GBS threads on. It should be very easy for you from your rhetoric.

why yes the service in question is the uk's gender identity clinics. glad to see someone defending those great institutions. let's see how this goes

Vitamin P posted:

Nah that was an obvious lie just like you're obviously lying now and I could not give a gently caress how many other lovely posters you wrangle to say what exactly? You're saying that you changing the quote text was actually because you were separating out the the points to reply to them all separately, which you literally didn't do, you didn't even post anything resembling that, you're just lying.

Your threat that 'other trans people will agree with my lie!' like it's some sort of woke clout shield is again disgusting, you seem to think you're some trans civil rights leader but you aren't that, you're a nasty little liar that seems more concerned with being able to bully people effectively than in achieving any kind of actual trans liberation.

oh yeah i remember this bit yeah that was fun. yeah no clearly it's because we're all, every other person who posts in this thread, who posts with one mind, we're all shitlibs just like disco elysium

gently caress off

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They told me to gently caress off 892 times but surely on the 893rd they will recognise my genius!

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

might be worth indicating if redemption is ever possible for threadban posters or if they are doomed to eternal exile

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you can convince people to want you back in the thread then sure, don't know that any of them are likely to achieve that though given how much of a knobhead you have to be to get threadbanned in the first place.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Starmer’s polling lead in Scotland appears to be evaporating.

Norstat posted:

Scottish voting intentions for the next UK general election:

SNP 32% (-1)
Labour 32% (-4)
Conservatives 16% (-)
Liberal Democrats 9% (+2)
Reform UK 5% (+1)
Greens 4% (n/a)
Alba 2% (n/a)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

OwlFancier posted:

It seems unfair to expect crispix to do all the work.

can't drop a day without admin approval unless I catch him unprobed, at which point they may as well push button on the longer one

e oops misread carry on

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Apr 17, 2024

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I genuinely think he's either a bot or has a severe head injury.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I hadn't really had a chance to look at the Cass report stuff when it was being discussed in the thread a couple days back, but now that I have I wanted to express my solidarity with our trans friends here. This poo poo sucks and the people behind it and endorsing it are bizarre freaks.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It was kind of impressive how quickly Abby completely tore it down in the first five minutes of the new TF episode.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

OwlFancier posted:

If you can convince people to want you back in the thread then sure, don't know that any of them are likely to achieve that though given how much of a knobhead you have to be to get threadbanned in the first place.

Vitamin P has admitted that he was a oval office, which implies he's capable of self-reflection and being a better poster. That makes him more than a Pissflaps by itself. I think the possibility for his redemption exists. But it's not my place to say how it should be achieved, although I would expect harsh conditions and a Sword of Damocles to be involved. And he has to agree to whatever demands are made.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://archive.is/FmfmB

quote:

Revealed: Tory MP allegedly demanded campaign cash to pay ‘bad people’

Mark Menzies, MP for Fylde, used thousands of pounds raised by donors for private expenses. His party had been aware for three months and took no action

A Tory MP is under investigation over allegations that he misused campaign funds and abused his position after making a late-night phone call saying he’d been locked up by “bad people” who were demanding thousands of pounds, The Times can reveal.

Mark Menzies, the Conservative MP for Fylde and a government trade envoy, rang an elderly local party volunteer at 3.15am in December saying he was locked in a flat and needed £5,000 as a matter of “life and death”. The sum, which rose to £6,500, was paid by his office manager from her personal bank account and subsequently reimbursed from campaign funds raised from donors.

£14,000 given by donors for use on Tory campaign activities had previously been transferred to Menzies’s personal bank account....

My archive.is trick doesn't work to get around the Times paywall anymore... but loving lol at all of this going on, and the establishment is all BUT LOOK AT ANGELA RAYNER....

e: There's a bit more of the story in this tweet
https://twitter.com/Otto_English/status/1780722361513247179

That sounds like a serious cocaine debt. Lol at the debt rising by £1500 in the time it took for him to settle the debt and be released.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Apr 18, 2024

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Jedit posted:

Vitamin P has admitted that he was a oval office, which implies he's capable of self-reflection and being a better poster. That makes him more than a Pissflaps by itself. I think the possibility for his redemption exists. But it's not my place to say how it should be achieved, although I would expect harsh conditions and a Sword of Damocles to be involved. And he has to agree to whatever demands are made.

saying he thought he was being a oval office while not remembering why he was threadbanned and talking himself up as a persecuted truth teller against the thread hive mind, which isn't a great first step.

i mean I do think that there should be the possibility of redemption for the threadbanned but yeah it probably involves something more involved than constanzaing in one day and pretending nothing ever happened

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Angepain posted:

probably involves something more involved than constanzaing in one day and pretending nothing ever happened

This is a good point. Weird behaviour in any other circumstance. Perhaps a full and frank apology for the original offence, and a description of the lessons learnt?

I believe they can change, I just don't want to get hurt again.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

The Perfect Element posted:

This is a good point. Weird behaviour in any other circumstance. Perhaps a full and frank apology for the original offence, and a description of the lessons learnt?

I believe they can change, I just don't want to get hurt again.

fwiw I think this is a valid appeal model for permabans, it just... rarely comes up

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I'm all for redemption and giving people second chances, as those chances can be revoked if they poo poo up the thread again, but is repeatedly posting in the thread in contravention of the threadban rule the actions of a reformed character?

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Do the mods not give out bans anymore? Seems like persistently doing the same poo poo you've been told not to means they're not getting the message from probes.

Back in my day, they would have eaten a few bans by now.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I don't know about a forumwide ban but it'd be nice if you could literally threadban, i.e. if this userid tries to post to this threadid it doesn't work and they get an automatic sixer for even trying.

I know it's never that simple though codewise.

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

keep punching joe posted:

Starmer’s polling lead in Scotland appears to be evaporating.

Not really surprised by this- I still haven't actually spoken to a single person who has expressed any intention to vote Labour in the next GE. I'm sure they're out there, but a groundswell this is not.

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I would suggest for VitP to post a thread where the whole forum can vote if they should be unbanned from this thread.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I don't know about a forumwide ban but it'd be nice if you could literally threadban, i.e. if this userid tries to post to this threadid it doesn't work and they get an automatic sixer for even trying.

I know it's never that simple though codewise.

I think shadow banning from a thread would be a lot more hilarious.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fuctifino posted:

I'm all for redemption and giving people second chances, as those chances can be revoked if they poo poo up the thread again, but is repeatedly posting in the thread in contravention of the threadban rule the actions of a reformed character?

Yeah, step 1 of getting a threadban overturned should not be "Ignore the threadban"

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Peanut Butter posted:

Not really surprised by this- I still haven't actually spoken to a single person who has expressed any intention to vote Labour in the next GE. I'm sure they're out there, but a groundswell this is not.

It's anecdotal, but I could swear any polls showing bumps for labour up here only appear after heavy negative press for the SNP.

I figure it's folks short/long term memory playing up and a bit of media manipulation.

"ooh SNP bad, can't vote for them! Boo hiss... Labour are the only alternative"

Starmer opens mouth, labour commit a war crime etc

"oh yeah, that's right we forgot they're Tories. Get hosed"

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Mano posted:

I would suggest for VitP to post a thread where the whole forum can vote if they should be unbanned from this thread.

That was an all time classic, thank you for that incredible memory.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Happy Gooniversary to me :) 6 years since I registered (having lurked for a few weeks beforehand to get the cut of your jibs).

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

Kin posted:

It's anecdotal, but I could swear any polls showing bumps for labour up here only appear after heavy negative press for the SNP.

I figure it's folks short/long term memory playing up and a bit of media manipulation.

As someone from North America, I would call this the "I'm moving to Canada if X candidate wins the next American election!" effect.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
Funny thing about Vit P is I don't remember the thread ever thinking a 2nd ref was a good idea? Weird thing to make up, has he been posting in an alternate world lib version of the thread somewhere.

Happy gooniversary Jaeluni 🎉

WaffleACAB fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Apr 18, 2024

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Maybe it was a different person who had a referendum called on them?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Miftan posted:

That was an all time classic, thank you for that incredible memory.

++HUMILIATION FOR LOSER PISSFLAPS++

grobbo
May 29, 2014

fuctifino posted:

My archive.is trick doesn't work to get around the Times paywall anymore... but loving lol at all of this going on, and the establishment is all BUT LOOK AT ANGELA RAYNER....

That sounds like a serious cocaine debt. Lol at the debt rising by £1500 in the time it took for him to settle the debt and be released.

this definitely deserves more attention, because according to Menzies' own sources, the reason he needed £5,000 in Tory donor money at 3.15am after a night of drinking and partying was that he was being "falsely" accused of being sick all over his host's flat and causing unspecified "other expenses" and they wouldn't let him leave until he settled it.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The Tories impending implosion at the polls is not unrelated to the fact that there is a tsunami of corruption, blackmail and bizarre behaviour coming out. Clearly faced with losing power a lot of scores are being settled and stuff that was safely brushed under a rug being pulled back out.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Happy Gooniversary to me :) 6 years since I registered (having lurked for a few weeks beforehand to get the cut of your jibs).

Many congrats!!! :peanut:

You have added to the happiness of the Gooniverse. :thumbsup:

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

fuctifino posted:

This is my local MP. He's had a few run ins in the past too, allegedly asking a Brazilian sex-worker to buy him some Meth and (also allegedly) getting someone's dog drunk.

He's just a hapless sitcom character who is completely controlled by his dick.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Whomst among us etc.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I maintain my theory that politics tends to attract extremely odd and damaged people who want to tell other people what to do and order them around as projection from their own personal degeneracy.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Shameless posted:

This is my local MP. He's had a few run ins in the past too, allegedly asking a Brazilian sex-worker to buy him some Meth and (also allegedly) getting someone's dog drunk.

He's just a hapless sitcom character who is completely controlled by his dick.

username/post combo

But also yeah he sounds like a loving slapstick character.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

grobbo posted:

this definitely deserves more attention, because according to Menzies' own sources, the reason he needed £5,000 in Tory donor money at 3.15am after a night of drinking and partying was that he was being "falsely" accused of being sick all over his host's flat and causing unspecified "other expenses" and they wouldn't let him leave until he settled it.

I've heard and seen a lot of liars in my time. I know the difference between good ones and bad ones.

The good ones try to stick as close to the facts as possible, even if it makes them look awful, but change some crucial differences.

The bad ones will change certain facts to try and make them look better, and it ends up being an obvious self-serving lie.

That's what is happening here.
It's not enough to come up with a fake story about why people were falsely imprisoning this MP to demand money off him. They had to falsely accuse him of vomiting all over their flat, which he never did, and then demand money.

So it's not enough that Menzie's is serving us an obvious lie about what the money was for, he also gives us an obviously false version of events where he did nothing wrong.

Also, the comments mention another Menzie's story where he got a dog drunk. Which he denied saying that the dog got drunk on drinking alchol that someone else spilled on the ground. Not him.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Rishi determined to ban strawberry flavoured vape liquid while his MPs are all tooting fat pipes of meth with rentboys.

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Kin posted:

I generally think the SNP get far too easy a ride on here but without a proper alternative I reckon there will be swing back during an election campaign.

They look like a late stage administration but not as late stage as the Tory one and the election campaign will give Hamza a platform. Pretty much all he needs to do with it is look like a human being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Does the house of commons still have a smoking/vaping room or do they need to go outside now like the rest of the plebs?