Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Thinking about Robin and hoping for Topaz's lc. If I get extremely lucky, I can grab Robin's, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I've tried as hard as I can and I can't drop below 23 cycles remaining on this MoC. Very unfun mechanic. I guess they thought they were being generous with free ults and turn advance from the boss, but no.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

The dice gimmick wastes a lot of cycles. I'm looking forward to fighting Aventurine again after I get Boothill, since Boothill + Ruan Mei would be able to break Aventurine in exactly 2 max stacks EBA.

I think they may be starting to steer players into thinking more about breaking enemies and bringing on-element characters (even the supports), instead of just brute forcing with pure DPS with the same teams you've always had. Aventurine's gimmick is annoying but it can be bypassed if you break him. Sam also wants you to break him ASAP in a short period. Then there's the new dino that also needs to be broken before it can be damaged properly. Probably not a coincidence that the next few patches are gonna bring Break-focused characters as well.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

give us more Weakness Break Efficiency beyond Ruan Mei :argh:

I guess Acheron kind of counts?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Endorph posted:

honestly ratios so good its kinda wild we got him for free. is it because he kind of sucks in pure fiction?

No he's just a regular character they decided to pitch for free. Lots of theories abound that they did it cause people were saving for 2.0 or whatever but he just is a regular character (highest single target dps I think?) and they were very generous.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

i picked Gallagher as my free 4* on the last event thing.
hate that I'm getting text from him, considering the story just cut off with him being a total rear end. So I don't want him texting me lol.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Saw a vid of a E0S1 Aventurine solo level 12 gold and gears. Dude is a monster lol

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Ratio's not bad, but not amazing either.
I be pretty letdown if I choose his banner to dump my 1.5 month stock of gem saving on.

Really like Clara and Aventurine together, since she gets hit and counters so generates two bets for him.

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Apr 18, 2024

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
E0S0 Ratio for me does 100k follow ups after his ult idk how that's just "not amazing"

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
A new player can just run Ratio with Serval and Dan, it's not optimal but he's not dead weight until you roll either.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eej posted:

E0S0 Ratio for me does 100k follow ups after his ult idk how that's just "not amazing"

E0S1 is doing 150k against Cocolia. Ratio is cracked.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Saw a vid of a E0S1 Aventurine solo level 12 gold and gears. Dude is a monster lol

I wish my Argenti was this good. I only have about 170 crit damage on him, and he hits like a wet noodle. Love that pretty spinny boy, though.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Excelzior posted:

give us more Weakness Break Efficiency beyond Ruan Mei :argh:

I guess Acheron kind of counts?

Acheron doesn't even slightly count. She does like 60 break damage with her ult, same as most AOE ults. It's universal break, but it's not especially good at it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

It's not Ruan Mei, but Gallagher is a great addition to break team. Add in Bronya for double turns, and you're doing pretty good.

Edit: E6 Xueyi and E2 Misha are great for break teams. Maybe Sushang will make a comeback?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Today's event battle was very funny with Acheron. :allears: Just yeeting ults nonstop.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

had some gems hidden from buying the daily log in pack. so tried to E1 Aventurine.

got Clara instead, which isn't fine, at least it wasn't an E6 bailu

Kind of a shame that the battlepass LC you can choose got really powercrept. They're not even 5* just mid 4*. Just wish they were LCs worth spending 5 months to max each.

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 18, 2024

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I hate the pecony Preservation node. All these forced animations for the dogs blowing up or the clocks doing things makes it take longer.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

GateOfD posted:

i picked Gallagher as my free 4* on the last event thing.
hate that I'm getting text from him, considering the story just cut off with him being a total rear end. So I don't want him texting me lol.

I enjoyed it because I think they are actually really good at doing the bit where text reads two ways. They did the same thing with Luocha's texts and I think it is genuinely funny in that case.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Bad Video Games posted:

It's not Ruan Mei, but Gallagher is a great addition to break team. Add in Bronya for double turns, and you're doing pretty good.

Edit: E6 Xueyi and E2 Misha are great for break teams. Maybe Sushang will make a comeback?

Lol, nope. Sushang sucks. Himeko is actually usable on MoC 12 side 2, but only if you can keep Aventurine broken. Maybe Sushang would be better with more break effect, but I can't run Gallagher against that stupid IPC boss.

I wish my Luka was traced, but he's only e2.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I hate the pecony Preservation node. All these forced animations for the dogs blowing up or the clocks doing things makes it take longer.
beep beep *alarm noise*

beep beep *alarm noise*

jing yuan wipes the wave out with two of his skill uses after being boosted by sparkle or one use of his ult/follow up

*soda popping sound*

*soda popping sound*

repeat six times

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

How much of a difference does Aventurine's LC make versus the next best LC?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Depends if you're running Archeron or not.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Zebia posted:

A lot. 40% def is only equaled by Gepard's signature S5. Not to mention the 10% def shred every time he follows up, which is a decent amount of time.

Every 4 star cone that increases defense maxes out at 24%, except maybe the battle pass cone.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
The thing with Aventurine's LC is that while it's true that it massively boosts his personal damage, even with it his personal damage is still a relatively small portion of your overall team damage. I wouldn't bother getting it unless you're the type that already got sig LC for your preferred DPS unit and their key supports, that's going to contribute a lot more to team damage than boosting Aventurine's own damage.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Zebia posted:

DEF % needed to reach 4k on Aventurine
With his signature: 169%
'Moment of Victory': 185%
'This is Me' and 'Texture of Memories': 203%
'Day One of my New Life', 'We are Wildfire' and 'Destiny's Threads forewoven': 223%
'Trend of the Universal Market': 246%

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I didn't get it for Aventurine's damage. I got it for his shields and for an added bit of defense shred. I'm hoping it means I can drop Silver Wolf for a Harmony character and still do enough burst to be worth it.

Edit: Going by the math above, I have 186% defense before his signature, and that's with speed boots. Three defense main stats, and about 4 rolls into defense between his hat, gloves, and boots. It's basically the difference between speed boots and defense boots if you get unlucky.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 18, 2024

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I've been swapping Trends and Moment of Victory on him and it's like a 1000 DEF swing.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Honestly I mostly got Aventurine's cone because I like him and my FUA team. Lightcones are pretty tempting now that I have a bigger roster. The slightly lower pity threshold and the fact that it's a 75/25 is very helpful, plus I have all standard 5* now so failing a character 50/50 has less value since it's just eidolons.

I figured the extra defense would make relics easier, and the extra debuff would help Ratio. Right now I usually use Silver Wolf so it's less impactful, but sometimes she's needed on the other team, and I might eventually want to use a harmony instead.

I already have Topaz's signature cone, and I might go after the cones for my other favorite DPS when they are rerun (Dr Ratio, Black Swan, Kafka). I could have gone for Jingliu's cone instead, but I already had her second best cone fully leveled, and I'll use her less than Aventurine.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
well i took aventurine to e6… and welt to e1. maybe i shouldn’t have mentioned anything about that yesterday

futzing around with the multiple sets i farmed on today’s event and MoC, having him 2 FUA/2 knight with img/def salsotto has him out-dpsing the rest of team ipc. 4 knight is obviously worse for damage in comparison — generally around a consistent 20-40k loss on fua/ult. i think this speaks more about how poorly i have topaz and ratio built than it does about having high eidolons on a support, mainly because ratio is constantly missing crits despite the summation stacks. he does do WAY better stealing acheron’s 4 diver set and tacking on izumo since he’s with topaz. slow as piss though

def/def sigonia does better for aventurine’s normals and keeps everything else relatively the same as salsotto for some reason. was like an extra 30k, i have no idea what that’s about. i never ended up with img sigonia with double crit during the 3x event and i’m not about to burn resin to find out if it’s any better. ratio loves aventurine on 4 knight and img keel.

he’s always overcapped on crit rate regardless of the sets he’s on

and as expected, team ipc team does significantly more damage with my sparkle than with ruan mei. i still haven’t slotted aventurine in with acheron yet.

having really high investment in a character is very fun but never again lol

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
E6 gives you up to 150% dmg. Salsotto's set bonus, Ruan Mei passive and the bonus from IMG orb are additive to this modifier. At E6 you're better off focusing purely on Def % and Cdmg to maximize your dps.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
You can pretty trivially build Aventurine to have 80 crit and 160 crit damage without sacrificing much defense, even with his mediocre scaling he's capable of doing a not insignifcant amount of damage, especially with his ult and follow up. Though he's way better at breaking imaginary-weak enemies overall.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Well an E6 Aventurine is doing easily 80-90k on FUA with mediocre relics which is what I would consider Significant

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
E6 Aventurine is literally doing around 350% of the damage of E0, so that goes without saying that it's a completely different story.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

MNSNTZR posted:

well i took aventurine to e6… and welt to e1. maybe i shouldn’t have mentioned anything about that yesterday

what's your friend code

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Eej posted:

E6 gives you up to 150% dmg. Salsotto's set bonus, Ruan Mei passive and the bonus from IMG orb are additive to this modifier. At E6 you're better off focusing purely on Def % and Cdmg to maximize your dps.

i keep slotting ruan mei in and she just doesn’t do it for the team like sparkle does. but my sparkle is also e2s1, where ruan mei is e0s0. not into doing math but i can guess this is apples to significantly worse apples. definitely kept me from single-cycling today’s event though, unlike with sparkle

2 knight/2 fua, cdmg/speed and def/def sigonia has aventurine over the 4k threshold and usually somewhere at 101-120/220-290% crit rate and cdmg. fua’s usually 100-110k, ult’s around 120 without super buffs. preservation+elation+erudition in g&g does silly enough damage to occasionally drop my framerate (ps5 quirk apparently)

also his normals scale of defense so duh def/def sigonia beefed them up - reading is fundamental

Lazy_Liberal posted:

what's your friend code

615510144. although i really, really don’t need anyone else with 5* DoT supports. i’d kill for an invested ratio, topaz, luka or xueyi. i know luka is an enormous ask but i’d like to plan around boothill soon

MNSNTZR fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 18, 2024

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

If you want Aventurine to do damage, at any eidolon really, go Pioneer. He doesn't need Knights def or shielding bonus, he applies a debuff with his lc/ult, it's a lot of free stats.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Bad Video Games posted:

Lol, nope. Sushang sucks. Himeko is actually usable on MoC 12 side 2, but only if you can keep Aventurine broken. Maybe Sushang would be better with more break effect, but I can't run Gallagher against that stupid IPC boss.

I wish my Luka was traced, but he's only e2.

All the theorycrafting about Boothill being the perfect 5* DPS for that fight got me thinking about how well Sushang, the current best physical breaker, would do with proper support.

Thankfully, once again youtube has me covered. Enjoy this ownage of the dice man with a giant cock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7eSRsV4N1w&t=276s

rio
Mar 20, 2008

MNSNTZR posted:

615510144. although i really, really don’t need anyone else with 5* DoT supports. i’d kill for an invested ratio, topaz, luka or xueyi. i know luka is an enormous ask but i’d like to plan around boothill soon

Added you (I’m 600215077) if you have the room - I have Topaz and Ratio shared but they are just e0s1, though I did the best I could with them. Some day when u do t have someone I want to build I would like to take their traces to 10, but now that I got a surprise Clara it won’t be that soon. Acheron e2s1 shared as well, though I see you have e1s1 so not sure how much improvement that is.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
I lost my 50/50 on Gepard so at least I got a preservation unit out of it all, but not the one I intended. Now I'm stellar jade broke. We are getting a another free 10 pull from the anniversary right? Maybe I'll get lucky.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I redid MoC12 after getting Aventurine's cone, upgrading his planar ornaments, and swapping some of Clara's relics. I just barely got 3* on it. Tingyun and Aventurine always failed the dice mechanic, but Clara and Topaz always succeeded. So they'd get their ults and a damage buff and then blast Boss-Aventurine when he attacked the other two for failing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/tiramisiyu/status/1780952881392140576