Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1781006620782146005?s=46&t=0hs33BGIDTDY2j_qH8YRBg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

Shishkahuben posted:

It figures that the Dems are working so hard to get rid of the hardest-working republican in a hundred miles.

Imagine all the work he had to put in to come up with fake names.

Hugh Jass
Ivana Tinkle
Ima Gay
Laung Dong
Peter Cox

And all the fake signatures as well.

I almost feel for the guy. Almost.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Nessus posted:

Make sure he’s not armed but then maybe ask him “what’s the radio going to get you mad about next?” And make it a guessing game

No soap, RADIO!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Anyway the thing about a jury is that it's not a secret ballot. They have to deliberate. They will spend hours and days arguing and convincing each other. They will KNOW how all of them will be voting and they'll keep arguing until it's unanimous. It isn't like secret MAGA pedes will sneak into the jury room and nod their heads that Trump is guilty and then snicker to themselves and write NOT GUILTY MAGA 2024 LOLOL on the ballot and he goes free.

If anyone just sits there obstinately crossing his arms and refusing to convict, it'll become obvious right away and they'll have to do the trial over with a new jury, so Trump ends up in court for the rest of the year lol

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

greazeball posted:

The most important thing abaout the case and the jurors is that the prosecution is not going to bring this if there isn't crystal clear ironclad evidence of what they're accusing him of. This isn't going to be a Perry Mason "just get him on the stand and hope he makes a mistake" kind of deal. It's going to be, "Here are your company records from the month in question, they show $150,000 paid to Michael Cohen. In the same month, Michael Cohen sent $150,000 to an account owned by Stomy Daniels. This was a bribe, and he was convicted of bribery and sent to jail for 12 months for this act." "Here is an email from Mr Cohen saying..." They're not going to question him or look for a gotcha, they got him and the jury just has to follow the judges instructions: does the evidence indicate that a crime was committed? 34 times. "Did he really know it was a crime?" and "Is bribery really a crime?" are not things the jury will be asked to decide. AG is not bringing a case this big just hoping that they get a sympathetic jury.

yeah what's wild about this and the other criminal cases he's got going is that he's so clearly guilty, even based solely on information that's already public. there's no real defense and that's why his team can't even put one up, outside of "the President should be allowed to do this". there's so much evidence and people have ALREADY gone to jail for doing his bidding. had he made any real effort to cover his tracks at all I wonder if any of this would even be happening.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

If Marge fucks around enough to get Jeffries elected speaker the GOP is going to primary her to loving death

Or it least they would if they had any money

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Rhymes with piss: jaundice

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Do you honestly think he gives a poo poo?

Yeah every time I visit my dad he's going off about whatever the Internet has told him to be mad about that week. I used to try reasoning with him but he'd just dig in his heels so I'm at the point where I just say "Okay dad" until he feels satisfied enough to talk about music or what he'd been up to lately or something, anything, else.

There's no loving point trying to reason people out of a position they never reasoned themselves into to begin with.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Just want to thank the goon who said earlier that Marge looks like an idiot sandwich in that chair

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I really want to vote for Jasmine Crockett but that would require moving to Texas.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Stollen rigged witch hunt!!!!!!!! Why won't they agree to let us keep grifting????

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Mike Johnson is the best Speaker of the House since Nancy Pelosi

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
You've got to wonder how many of these Republican reps are hoping they lose their majority in November. They want to keep their seat, obviously, but it's so much more relaxing when you don't have to actually govern. You can lie and grandstand and vote against saving puppies or whatever and go home for the weekend.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Data Graham posted:

If anyone just sits there obstinately crossing his arms and refusing to convict, it'll become obvious right away and they'll have to do the trial over with a new jury, so Trump ends up in court for the rest of the year lol

right, plus all the stuff Trump and FOX are doing right now to intimidate jurors is only gonna make things take longer, which for Trump is a real problem. the polls are starting to go the wrong direction for him and his fundraising numbers are in the toilet. the election is 7 months away. he needs to be out there campaigning. the longer the image is out there of Trump as a guy on trial for a crime he is clearly guilty of the worse it's gonna be for him.

Yveltal
Jul 19, 2022

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Do you honestly think he gives a poo poo?

Yeah, probably not. But better than repressing the urge to throw things in frustration.

Nessus posted:

Make sure he’s not armed but then maybe ask him “what’s the radio going to get you mad about next?” And make it a guessing game

Facebook, but yeah pretty much the same.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

big nipples big life posted:

I really want to vote for Jasmine Crockett but that would require moving to Texas.

:same:

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

HappyHippo posted:

You've got to wonder how many of these Republican reps are hoping they lose their majority in November. They want to keep their seat, obviously, but it's so much more relaxing when you don't have to actually govern. You can lie and grandstand and vote against saving puppies or whatever and go home for the weekend.

they don't govern now! hasn't this incarnation of Congress passed less bills than any in history?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Register as a Republican, they can vote however they want apparently!

Yveltal
Jul 19, 2022

Willatron posted:

Yeah every time I visit my dad he's going off about whatever the Internet has told him to be mad about that week. I used to try reasoning with him but he'd just dig in his heels so I'm at the point where I just say "Okay dad" until he feels satisfied enough to talk about music or what he'd been up to lately or something, anything, else.

There's no loving point trying to reason people out of a position they never reasoned themselves into to begin with.

It's kind of a shame, since mom's boyfriend is actually fairly smart but then he just gets into these little snits where he acts like Biden/the left/black people/gay people/etc are personally trying to gently caress him over, specifically.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
becomes a revolving door?

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

JAMOOOL posted:

right, plus all the stuff Trump and FOX are doing right now to intimidate jurors is only gonna make things take longer, which for Trump is a real problem. the polls are starting to go the wrong direction for him and his fundraising numbers are in the toilet. the election is 7 months away. he needs to be out there campaigning. the longer the image is out there of Trump as a guy on trial for a crime he is clearly guilty of the worse it's gonna be for him.

Being made to sit in the courtroom means he isn't holding rallies, so his in-person donations are limited to the quarters people throw at him like a neglected water feature. I wonder how much revenue his campaign gets from an average rally - like, what fraction of the D-grade merchandise and ticket sales actually go to getting trungo elected, as opposed to the fraction that goes to his legal defense fund or straight into the pockets of grifters at various levels.

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Run away before you drown!
Imagine being such a hated, lovely, divisive person who also happens to be a blatant criminal, and also because they're so well known for being so, you simply can't find people to be a juror in a trial for one of many crimes. So I guess boys will be boys, might as well just let him off easy, he probably learned his lesson this time?

It's almost like he can't lose... and his quote has so far (practically) remained true.

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/691094676712087552

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Palmer Lucky, where are you? Trump needs you to fundraise!

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Jasmine owns I love her

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

I'm going to vote for her when she runs for President.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Escape From Noise posted:

Why did she self censor "terrorize"?

Looks like some snowflake poo poo.

because chuds (oh and non chuds) think censorship systems are doing something to their metrics.

see "unlife" or some other weird self censorship or other word substitutions or alt spellings. note that devs on the other side of the blackbox algo says that isnt how the algo works and endusers are just pigeon dancing the skinner box.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Palmer Lucky, where are you? Trump needs you to fundraise!

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Lol that's why he's so pissed off about being made to attend these hearings. He doesn't give a poo poo, he just knows he could be rambling in front of a couple dozen braying hogs and getting cheap validation. Instead, he gets to sit and watch a parade of people explain their wine mom memes about drumf covfefe for the rest of his life.

The abstract lols are plentiful

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

PhazonLink posted:

pigeon dancing the skinner box.

This sounds like the name of a band I'd listen to TBH.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

JAMOOOL posted:

yeah what's wild about this and the other criminal cases he's got going is that he's so clearly guilty, even based solely on information that's already public. there's no real defense and that's why his team can't even put one up, outside of "the President should be allowed to do this". there's so much evidence and people have ALREADY gone to jail for doing his bidding. had he made any real effort to cover his tracks at all I wonder if any of this would even be happening.

The defense 100% has to lean on ignorance. It has already been proven that the Cohen paid her off and then stretched out the payment over months charged as legal expenses. That is a fact. The only thing the defense can say is that Cohen acted on his own without Trump's knowledge. This is all Cohen's fault, he has already been prosecuted, so we are done here. But as mentioned, the DA wouldn't be going after Trump if they didn't have some hard evidence that he knew this was happening or might have even requested this exact "service." By leaning in on Cohen, even if Trump is found guilty, it means during sentencing they can lean even further in to Cohen being the real villain and Trump's penalty should be little to nothing.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Rhymes with piss: jaundice

Common cirrhosis! All that fatty fast food will catch his fat rear end. I bet he has the fattiest fatty liver. Can't wait till his eyes turn yellow too. Up to his eyeballs in piss!

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Media jury identity reporting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ_nBpqDcqA

I mean they might as well just publish a list of their fears and where their kids go to school for all their attempts at keeping them "anonymous"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

actually i meant to post this

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

JAMOOOL posted:

they don't govern now! hasn't this incarnation of Congress passed less bills than any in history?

They have occasionally and with enormous drama passed the requisite bills to keep the government running. Even "accomplishing" this bare minimum has cost them one speaker and in short order probably another.

So yeah I think they'd be much happier sitting in the minority complaining about the Democrats than this mess.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

Goddamn. Levels of Loomer, the likes of which we've never seen!

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

looming with loomer

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

being laura loomervich

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

This sounds like the name of a band I'd listen to TBH.

what kind of band and genre?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other/criminal-tax-evasion-complaint-filed-as-trump-heads-back-to-court/ar-AA1neivZ

quote:

As Donald Trump heads back to a Manhattan courtroom where he is facing 34 felony counts related to allegedly paying off an adult film star before the 2016 presidential election, a new possible criminal investigation into income tax evasion is rearing its head.

At the center of the criminal complaint filed with the Department of Justice (DOJ) by watchdog Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) is a mysterious $50 million loan that has been listed by the former president in his disclosures to the court that may or may not exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

Lifespan posted:

The defense 100% has to lean on ignorance. It has already been proven that the Cohen paid her off and then stretched out the payment over months charged as legal expenses. That is a fact. The only thing the defense can say is that Cohen acted on his own without Trump's knowledge. This is all Cohen's fault, he has already been prosecuted, so we are done here. But as mentioned, the DA wouldn't be going after Trump if they didn't have some hard evidence that he knew this was happening or might have even requested this exact "service." By leaning in on Cohen, even if Trump is found guilty, it means during sentencing they can lean even further in to Cohen being the real villain and Trump's penalty should be little to nothing.

if there's one thing we know about Trump it's that he leaves piles of evidence and if there's one thing we know about Cohen it's that he's very pissed at Trump