Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
You know what's kind of messed up? You're better off from a completionist standpoint if you let that family get nuked. If you send Hugo to become the new merchant, he'll sell a unique facemask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
I wish I could do that quest, but Isaac never offered it to me. Hugo is standing around on the Ancient Battlefield for eternity because I can't offer him another job and his quest remains in my quest log. Wish I could fix this somehow.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

7c Nickel posted:

You know what's kind of messed up? You're better off from a completionist standpoint if you let that family get nuked. If you send Hugo to become the new merchant, he'll sell a unique facemask.

lol sorry isaac, next playthrough you're losing to fashion

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Mordiceius posted:

Wtf do I even do with 20k rift crystals?

Buy a nice pair of glasses

Owl Inspector posted:

lol sorry isaac, next playthrough you're losing to fashion
Lol yup

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I found the token it was on the roof :toot:

That mountain north of the borderwatch loving sucks lol

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Got my first plague wipe of a city (Bakbattahl) on my second playthrough at 150 hours lol, that pawn was insidious but in retrospect there were some dialogue tells. Finally have a respect for this mechanic.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Sioux posted:

I wish I could do that quest, but Isaac never offered it to me. Hugo is standing around on the Ancient Battlefield for eternity because I can't offer him another job and his quest remains in my quest log. Wish I could fix this somehow.

You need to buy something from Isaac for the quest to pop.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

7c Nickel posted:

which mask?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

7c Nickel posted:

If it's the white facemask, then no you still get that if you offer Hugo a job at the brothel.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
https://dragonsdogma2.wiki.fextralife.com/Wolfpack+Kerchief

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Finished the game a few days ago and have been catching up on the thread ever since. I love these games so much - they are such janky incomplete malfunctioning messes but they ping all my tiny brain centers juuuuust right.

I'm in NG+ now, murdalizing the world and trying to gently caress up less, and I realized that my world's berry had changed! I had strawberries on my first run and now I have raspberries. There's one place in the game where you can find three of a different kind of berry just sitting on a table, but otherwise you have to wait for another player to send you their berries if you want to get them all. I still haven't seen a blueberry.

I don't feel guilty about sending hired pawns off with my world's berries, though. They're rare. :colbert:

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Picayune posted:

I'm in NG+ now, murdalizing the world and trying to gently caress up less

Here it's kind of the opposite. I just don't care about quest resolutions in NG+ and it's kind of liberating. If I can do it, cool, If I can't? Who cares? Not this Arisen!

The locals better hope that my pawn doesn't catch the plague because I don't think I can be bothered with the cure and am kind of curious this time round.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

e: oh my god she's literally chasing me around the market area of Bakbattahl

Could be much worse. After I raised her affinity so I could get the Forager's Tome, Daphne would regularly come into my house in Vernworth, blushing.

Don't stand so close to me and please never talk to me again, you're going to get me in trouble

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Daphne is a menace (not my vid)

https://v.redd.it/guhl23jv0psc1/DASH_480.mp4

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
Daphne's chipper "Hoy Arisen!" is my favourite piece of audio in the game.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Flavahbeast posted:

Daphne is a menace (not my vid)

:eyepop:

I'm glad I let her down gently, I don't want her beating the poo poo out of me

FuckLacedFusillade
Jan 21, 2005
Legendary Dark Knight
Some people were wondering about beetles and carrying capacity and I happened to be looking this stuff up yesterday and found a couple of useful sources:

Gamefaqs post on stat gains from leveling up:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/371124-dragons-dogma-2/80739473
Reddit post on character weight classes:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DragonsDogma/comments/1bkxl1b/character_weight_information_for_dragons_dogma_2/

Using this information and a bit of testing I was able to work some stuff out.

Like the first game there are 5 weight categories for the Arisen & pawns.
48 kg or less = Very Light
49-64 kg = Light
65-84 kg = Medium
85-99 kg = Heavy
100+ kg = Very Heavy

You start with a base 25 kg of carrying capacity at level 1. Every 5 levels until level 40 you gain several kilos more until you've doubled your base capacity.

Base capacity is multiplied by your character's weight class, however:
Weight Class: Lvl 1 -> Lvl 40 (% of Medium)
V. Light: 20 -> 40 kg (80%)
Light: 22.5 -> 45 kg (90%)
Medium: 25 -> 50 kg (100%)
Heavy: 27.5 -> 55 kg (110%)
V. Heavy: 30 -> 60 kg (120%)

Classes also sometimes affect carrying capacity, Mages and Sorcerers lose 5 kg, Fighters and Tricksters gain 5 kg, and Warriors gain a massive +10 kg!
This bonus/penalty is also affected by character weight class, so a Very Light Mage/Sorcerer would only lose 4 kg capacity (80% of -5 kg), and a Very Heavy Warrior would gain +12 kg capacity (120% of +10 kg).

All other bonuses to carrying capacity are unaffected by your character's weight. This includes:
Thew Augment = +10 kg
Ring of Accrual = +5 kg
Ring of Profusion = +10 kg
Golden Trove Beetle = +0.15 kg

I've heard there's a cap on how many beetles you can eat but I haven't reached it yet.
Using this info I was able to work out how many beetles I had eaten and it was 79(!)
There are 82 beetles in the game and I've heard the cap is around 80 to 82, so now I've found all 240 Seeker Tokens I plan on hunting down the last three beetles to see if the game stops me from eating them at some point.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Now I'm sad that it glitched out for me. Girl can throw hands.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

FuckLacedFusillade posted:

I plan on hunting down the last three beetles to see if the game stops me from eating them at some point.

To save you some time, if you want to save it. the game DOES stop you eating them

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I've been getting Capcom pity hires these past two days, and I don't like it. Please an actual human hire my pawn.

FuckLacedFusillade posted:

Using this info I was able to work out how many beetles I had eaten and it was 79(!)
There are 82 beetles in the game and I've heard the cap is around 80 to 82, so now I've found all 240 Seeker Tokens I plan on hunting down the last three beetles to see if the game stops me from eating them at some point.

I heard the cap was all the beetles in your game + 3, something like that. So you should be really close.

I must have received at least 10 from other players at this point, and I'm still not there, so evidently I suck at finding beetles out in the world.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

I've been getting Capcom pity hires these past two days, and I don't like it. Please an actual human hire my pawn.

I heard the cap was all the beetles in your game + 3, something like that. So you should be really close.
i think whoever made that calculation only counted beetles on trees, and not all the ones available at wandering merchants

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

I must have received at least 10 from other players at this point, and I'm still not there, so evidently I suck at finding beetles out in the world.

gotta go out at night more

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's weird that you can equip scarves and helmets at the same time as the only trace of armor layering left.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You can get more beetles than you can use for sure. I have two spare, I just can't say if I have or haven't bought all the vendor ones.

I have checked I have all the map ones with a mod and know I bought 2 from vendors but unsure if I bought 3.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

What level are you? I'm sure you're fine. Just use your ferrystones to jet around and beat each red beam boss, and you won't have to worry about the time crunch. Just don't touch the red beam at the seafloor shrine when it shows up, until you're ready to end the game.

Dragonforged: He's at the seafloor shrine now

Is there anywhere specific? It's the first place I've gone basically and it looks like there's no one here

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
He's usually just standing around out in the open, within sight of the final red beam. If he's not there then i have no idea

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Is there anywhere specific? It's the first place I've gone basically and it looks like there's no one here

Did you do the quests you just got retrieve your pawn and talk to the Seafloor Shrine guy? I got a cutscene at that location after doing those and that might be needed for him to show up.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
So, the dullahan quest. I talked to a woman in the noble quarter who mentioned her husband sent on a mission, didn't get a "quest", per se, but did find the mentioned location and fought a lich. Did I skip something?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

So, the dullahan quest. I talked to a woman in the noble quarter who mentioned her husband sent on a mission, didn't get a "quest", per se, but did find the mentioned location and fought a lich. Did I skip something?

Yeah, there’s a nearby noble who tells you more after you talk to the wife. if you haven’t progressed their dialogue enough to get an actual quest, there’s a wight by default instead of the quest dullahan.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Don't kill it too quickly! And wait until Gregor walks away or something, or the worst advanced, before ferrystoning back to vernworth! One of those two bugged out my version of the quest. It's still there, insisting i go rescue him even though he's been back home for weeks

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma2/mods/642

A new mod that adds proper monster in-fighting.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Jack Trades posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma2/mods/642

A new mod that adds proper monster in-fighting.

This would make trickster way funnier

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Owl Inspector posted:

Yeah, there’s a nearby noble who tells you more after you talk to the wife. if you haven’t progressed their dialogue enough to get an actual quest, there’s a wight by default instead of the quest dullahan.

For me, it was the opposite.

This was how things played out for my quest:

1 - Noble comes up to me absolutely gleeful that he sent Gregor to die so that this Noble could gently caress Gregor's wife.
2 - I go to Gregor's wife. She mentions Gregor is on a mission. I'm given the option to reveal the Noble's plot. I 100% slam that button.
3 - I go fight the Dullahan and save Gregor.
4 - I ferrystone back to Vernworth and talk to Gregor and wife. Wife thanks me for supporting her husband and adds the detail "Oh that noble suddenly got really sick. It's speculated that someone poisoned him. Oh well, he definitely made a lot of enemies. TEEHEE."
:getin:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The funny thing is that after that quest and the one where I got hired to deliver her letter to the fighter meister, his wife wants to hang out with me more than she does with him. :wink:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Thundarr posted:

Did you do the quests you just got retrieve your pawn and talk to the Seafloor Shrine guy? I got a cutscene at that location after doing those and that might be needed for him to show up.

You only need to talk to the Seafloor Shrine guy at the blue column of light, that'll summon the dragonforged and he'll be hanging around right nearby. Source: I restarted unmoored world a few times

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
She's finally enjoying herself and getting frustrated less:

She calls the cave between Battahl and the Volcano Island the "Deep Roads" because its a bigger dungeon and reminded her of the Deep Roads from Dragon Age. I have no idea what she means by Sumerian. Maybe Saurian?

Bonus

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Apr 18, 2024

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

drat. Cool as hell. My mom just plays Mahjong and that's basically it.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

drat. Cool as hell. My mom just plays Mahjong and that's basically it.

I love that my mom plays games but it can be loving exhausting at times. My stepdad has zero interest in games or anything about them so she can't talk to him about them. My brother doesn't have much interest, so she doesn't talk to him about them. She's a recluse and doesn't have any in person friends or online friends, so I'm her only outlet for talking about games.

She is incredibly stubborn and frequently throws tantrums about the games. She'll send me a long tirade bitching about the game "gently caress this. This feature is so loving stupid. I hate this. This game sucks. I might just put it down." and then the next day it is "I love this game"

She has had such intense anxiety about the dragon plague. So that was kinda amusing. But also, she's just kind of bad at games. Well, maybe that's unfair. She hates when she's not able to perfectly do stuff the first time. She recently play God of War 2018 and God of War Ragnarok and she would bitch and bitch if a boss took her two or three attempts. :shrug:

She gets a lot of anxiety and very frustrated if she can't make everything go perfectly the way she wants. She'll just constantly look up guides because god forbid a side quest give a result other than the exact one she wants. Any time she's playing anything more than a cozy game, I know I have to brace myself for boomer tantrums. But its worth it. She's 63 years old and the fact she's playing these game at all rules.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Mordiceius posted:

She is incredibly stubborn and frequently throws tantrums about the games. She'll send me a long tirade bitching about the game "gently caress this. This feature is so loving stupid. I hate this. This game sucks. I might just put it down." and then the next day it is "I love this game"

She gets a lot of anxiety and very frustrated if she can't make everything go perfectly the way she wants. She'll just constantly look up guides because god forbid a side quest give a result other than the exact one she wants. Any time she's playing anything more than a cozy game, I know I have to brace myself for boomer tantrums. But its worth it. She's 63 years old and the fact she's playing these game at all rules.

drat, she really is a gamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
can we rename the thread mordiceus' mom appreciation station