Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

DarkLich posted:

Sheesh you would think that the boss of a faction that I just skip abducted would be worth more

You just saved them from a bloody coup.

I had a similar skip abduction experience, but the victim had a bionic leg so I got a free leg out of it! And they were still worth 3 honor when I sold them to the empire. What a great use of bioferrite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Doomykins posted:

Just caravan out
you can leave!!!

work
party during crunch
recreation need
raid__________________________________da anomaly z0ne
royal hosting quests
organ harvesting
clothes related temperature need
too expensive traders
animals if your quick
horrors from beyond

IF IT SUCKS...
HIT DA BRICKS!
real winner's relocate

:lmao:

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
i don't have the new dlc (yet) but are witches and covens a thing? I see things like rituals and such and i just had a thought of like, corralling my colony and going on a good ol'
fashion witchunt; is this in?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Incinerators are compatible with shield belts. Not bad for creeping up on a siege to light up its ammo

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

dead bodies for shambler defense... stacked high!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Danaru posted:

Some rear end in a top hat raider was wearing them when he died on my property :argh: I had to get them outside, forbid them, and hit them with the flamethrower. See you in hell you stupid boot

If you forbid gear pawns won't wear it but you can still sell it

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
the thing about the happy fun ball is that, for something that moves by teleporting, it ironically isn't very fast and just having all your pawns scatter in different directions will probably buy you enough time

it might melt one person but by the time it can catch that person everyone else will be too far for it to reach them

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Hihohe posted:

How much can you chronopagy? Can you do it so much that the invoker turns into a child? Or maybe skips and reverts to a fetus or ploops out of existence :staredog:

There's a hard cap of age 13. I found this out because my pawn needed a brain scar fixed, and my ritual site was too powerful to keep her in her 20s

In retrospect I could have just made a new site and only used her in the ritual, but hey.

I also found out, thank God, that underage pawns have 0% fertility (she was married), and that they still have fast aging around 13

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

QuarkJets posted:

If you forbid gear pawns won't wear it but you can still sell it

I used to do that but I have a habit of randomly clicking "unforbid all" to pick up any corpses I might have forgotten about. Fire became a more permanent solution

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Is it possible to just dump stuff into a drop pod and then keep adding to it later, like a storage container that you steadily add to? That could be another way to get rid of dread leather products, just keep loading a drop pod then eventually launch it. Also helps save on storage space

President Ark
May 16, 2010

anomaly spoilers - obelisk a dude on reddit managed to build a functional base in the obelisk backrooms dimension and won the game

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Dwarf Fortress players just get that compulsion

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

lmao at the solar arrays

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

isndl posted:

In general you don't want to go below 18 though since your body size becomes smaller and that's generally a net negative.

A notable exception to this is long-range shooters. Smaller bodies are much more difficult to hit at range, and as far as I know they don’t have any penalties to their accuracy. Hussar kids with Shooting passions make excellent snipers. Of course, they also take devastating or fatal injuries from stuff that adults would shrug off, so, bit of a gamble.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

A protip for the anomaly start - you have the research and materials to make a security door, which adds 150 containment strength to your platforms and completely trivialises containment mechanics. I've been comfortably storing 4 advanced entities in a single room hooked up to a bioferrite extractor.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

drat kid that's some pretty advanced reading

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I am admiring your storage. That's some quality sorting and modding. I do the one material per bin setup too. :haw:

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014

Danaru posted:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kestral posted:

A notable exception to this is long-range shooters. Smaller bodies are much more difficult to hit at range, and as far as I know they don’t have any penalties to their accuracy. Hussar kids with Shooting passions make excellent snipers. Of course, they also take devastating or fatal injuries from stuff that adults would shrug off, so, bit of a gamble.

So you're saying that 1000 y/o sniper girls in 13 y/o bodies is the optimal strategy?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

President Ark posted:

anomaly spoilers - obelisk a dude on reddit managed to build a functional base in the obelisk backrooms dimension and won the game

How did they manage to get enough materials in to do that?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

How did they manage to get enough materials in to do that?

I imagine they just load up some pawns with stuff and then trigger the obelisk to bring the pawn in. You can bring in as many pawns as you want, and once you find the corresponding obelisk in the other dimension you can start bringing pawns out too, the dimension won't close until the last pawn leaves

e: Oh there's a deep drill in that screenshot! I guess you can drill for resources there too, weird

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Apr 20, 2024

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

QuarkJets posted:

I imagine they just load up some pawns with stuff and then trigger the obelisk to bring the pawn in. You can bring in as many pawns as you want, and once you find the corresponding obelisk in the other dimension you can start bringing pawns out too, the dimension won't close until the last pawn leaves

e: Oh there's a deep drill in that screenshot! I guess you can drill for resources there too, weird

I'm pretty sure you can only activate the labyrinth obelisk once, and once you do, everything inside gets teleported out and the map obelisk vanishes. So you can only bring in mats once per pawn.
I suspected they were using a deep drill, but even that takes a fair bit of resources to get going. And they seem to only have 3 pawns.

Edit: Or thinking about it, I might have had everyone in the final room when I activated it

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Can you spread your ideology if you start with fewer than 3 colonists so can't assign a priest?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

bitterandtwisted posted:

Can you spread your ideology if you start with fewer than 3 colonists so can't assign a priest?

I know random pawns that aren't priests will try to convert each other sometimes, so maybe. Do you need a priest to convert prisoners or can any warden do it?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Any warden can convert prisoners, yeah. Though remember that the prisoner will get the ideology of whoever reduces their last bit of certainty to 0.
You can also use the festival reward to attract pawns of your ideology to your colony.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Can you farskip to a pawn in the labyrinth? Then you would only need to get a mediation spot set up for the farskip pawn to easily supply the labyrinth pawn(s).

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014

bitterandtwisted posted:

I don't remember where I read this or I could be making this all up but I'm pretty sure there are built in mechanics to tip the scale in favor of your custom ideology when you have low numbers. They get a percent multiplier in conversion strength. All colonists also try to convert in idle conversations, and it applies there too. It's to address the game starts with single colonists like naked brutality or rich explorer.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Jack Trades posted:

So you're saying that 1000 y/o sniper girls in 13 y/o bodies is the optimal strategy?

To make that idea even more haunted, thousand-year old sanguophage prince(ess) with Shooting passion might actually be optimal, since they won’t be obliterated if a lucky shot hits them!

You can also get weirdly tanky melee child pawns, too. My last Medieval run turned into “daycare/hospital for weird mutant children” with hosed up genes, and we ended up with a kid who had melee passion, nimble, and some gene that gave him a minor bonus to dodge in melee. His size and a Weak Melee gene meant he couldn’t realistically hurt anyone, but he managed to basically single-handedly stop a prison break by standing in a doorway and flailing wildly while adults with looted swords tried to hack him to pieces. Eventually a psycaster showed up to solve the problem, but kiddo dodge-tanked quite effectively for far longer than I would have expected.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's just a flesh wound!

Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Bread Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2010

Oscar aint no Slouch posted:

I don't remember where I read this or I could be making this all up but I'm pretty sure there are built in mechanics to tip the scale in favor of your custom ideology when you have low numbers. They get a percent multiplier in conversion strength. All colonists also try to convert in idle conversations, and it applies there too. It's to address the game starts with single colonists like naked brutality or rich explorer.

Yes, it's on the storyteller settings; 'Low Pop Conversion Boost', defaults to x300%. This number is for one colonist, halved for two, no effect for three.

Almost all my solo starts get to that third ideologied colonist via two converted prisoners. You just gotta make sure on the convert/recruit/release menu you have the proper ideology selected.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Danaru posted:

:hmmyes: lol the description is that it's p much literally a fairy tale for kids on how to do Sci Fi technology, perfect

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

SniperWoreConverse posted:

:hmmyes: lol the description is that it's p much literally a fairy tale for kids on how to do Sci Fi technology, perfect

Or it’s a Lets Play of Factorio.

zebez
Apr 27, 2008

Danaru posted:

Those are some nice shelves, what mod is that?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

(Something) Deep Storage. It's great.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

W H A T ?

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Hey, paralyzed people deserve the opportunity for tourism too!

I like those quests because they're really easy, there's no risk of them wandering outside or getting into social fights, all you have to do is feed them.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

“Hey can you keep this rear end in a top hat in one of your closets while we work on a big project? Thaaaaanx.”

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
"Yeah my friend is just super interested in other cultures it definitely isn't that he won't shut the gently caress up and stop complaining about our hospital food

Oh, yeah he super knows I'm making this offer do you want the prizes or not"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:stare: This is on a colonist with the Lush trait, which gives them a permanent alcohol addiction. It's just... gone

E: Aw I tried reloading and it came back :negative: I figured, but hey it'd work on normal addictions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

zebez posted:

Those are some nice shelves, what mod is that?

Whoops I missed this, yeah it's LWM Deep Storage, the original isn't updated but there's an unofficial fork until it does

It's deeply satisfying if you get the same brain itches I do