Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

JointHorse posted:

When I saw this in Imgur, the OP said they're early versions for a silicon mold, and they're well aware that you don't stuff anything 3D-printed up your rear end :kazooieass:

Well not with that attitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Crab Dad posted:

What is the world coming to when butt plugs are single use and toss?

In my day each plug was lovingly hewn from tthe finest rock and carefuly sanded down by Kirk himself!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/KUPRDWB.mp4

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Watching it several times in a row to try and figure out if it's in reverse then noticing the waves behind it

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Something reminded me that I should deworm my cat

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Where the hell did he even find that moray eel? I don’t think an eel that large would be shallow enough for a dragon to catch.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Washed up on shore dead?

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

God isn't watching you... but I am!

I'm sorry but I'm just losing it with those expressions, I can't help it.

[edit] Wait, you mean that's not a gathering of blind kids? Now it's just wierd.

Vile_Nihlist666 fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 20, 2024

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

davidspackage posted:

Have they considered not bringing all the pigs out at the same time, so the awkward staring contest isn't necessary?

I'm not saying I'd want them to.

I’m always fond of when competitions start getting really weird because the most optimal strategy defies any sense of what the competition should be. Like track cycling, where aerodynamics are so important that the best strategy is to go as slow as possible for as long as you can because if you can hold second place you can draft off your opponent and cinch the win while they tire out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAhlewcOxAI

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

[edit] Wait, you mean that's not a gathering of blind kids? Now it's just wierd.
Don't talk to me unless I have my emotional support pig that I hit with a stick

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Froghammer posted:

Don't talk to me unless I have my emotional support pig that I hit with a stick

Is... is he younger than me?! Fatter than me? WELL YOU KEEP HIM IM BETTWER OFF WITHOUT YOU

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Kit Walker posted:

I’m always fond of when competitions start getting really weird because the most optimal strategy defies any sense of what the competition should be. Like track cycling, where aerodynamics are so important that the best strategy is to go as slow as possible for as long as you can because if you can hold second place you can draft off your opponent and cinch the win while they tire out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAhlewcOxAI

i thought it was slow motion until I saw the kids in the audience

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I would eat beans before the contest and :fart: anyone trying that to submission.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Lazy_Liberal posted:

i thought it was slow motion until I saw the kids in the audience

This is some bullshit and they should just race solo on the track for time. I’d sooner watch competitive pig prancin’.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Crab Dad posted:

This is some bullshit and they should just race solo on the track for time. I’d sooner watch competitive pig prancin’.

Or race in a vacuum with oxygen bottles. Or without.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
hell yeah i wanna see the bicycle men fight for sport in the colosseum

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Kit Walker posted:

Or the wife carrying contest that started out in Finland or someplace like that as a goofy thing to do after drinking all day. Then one year some Estonian guy showed up and carried his wife in an unorthodox way because he had practiced and determined it was the optimal method. He smoked everyone, so now that's the only way to do it if you are serious about winning. And somehow people are serious about winning. The wife carrying contest.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Scratch Monkey posted:

Or the wife carrying contest that started out in Finland or someplace like that as a goofy thing to do after drinking all day. Then one year some Estonian guy showed up and carried his wife in an unorthodox way because he had practiced and determined it was the optimal method. He smoked everyone, so now that's the only way to do it if you are serious about winning. And somehow people are serious about winning. The wife carrying contest.

What's the best way to carry a wife

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Milo and POTUS posted:

Helping out around the house more than you currently do

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Milo and POTUS posted:

I think it was with her upside lowering her center of gravity on you. It’s super awkward looking.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

:discourse:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Crab Dad posted:

I think it was with her upside lowering her center of gravity on you. It’s super awkward looking.

The upsides of wives

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Milo and POTUS posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbRj1R6jW2w&t=512s

try this next time you carry your bride over the threshold!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

At least it’s a race.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Facebook Aunt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbRj1R6jW2w&t=512s

try this next time you carry your bride over the threshold!

marrying the most aerodynamically efficient wife so you can win the wife-carrying contest

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Jabberlock posted:

marrying the most aerodynamically efficient wife so you can win the wife-carrying contest

There's more factors that that though. The prize for winning the wife carrying contest is your wife's weight in beer.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Kit Walker posted:

My favorite instance of this (I may be misremembering some details here) was a super-long-distance endurance race in Australia, where the prevailing strategy was to run a certain distance, rest overnight, and continue the next day. Then one year a farmer in mud boots shows up and crushes everyone by just shambling along at a steady, efficient pace and never stopping all night.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
So the perfect wife is aerodynamic and enjoys eating lead

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

*carrying my wife in a 69* "There's a race?"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Wingnut Ninja posted:

My favorite instance of this (I may be misremembering some details here) was a super-long-distance endurance race in Australia, where the prevailing strategy was to run a certain distance, rest overnight, and continue the next day. Then one year a farmer in mud boots shows up and crushes everyone by just shambling along at a steady, efficient pace and never stopping all night.

Farmer discovers defining behavior for which humans evolved, bookies hate him

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Waffle! posted:

*carrying my wife in a 69* "There's a race?"

Is that even a 69?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

I. M. Gei posted:

Is that even a 69?

I think technically it's a 96.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Wingnut Ninja posted:

And the logic conclusion of that is the Transcontinental Bike Race which is a single stage 4000 km race where the winners tend to be superhuman monsters that finish in less than ten or nine days because they can maintain phenomenal speeds while sleeping like 1-2 hours per day at most

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Cliff didn't race in gumboots. He was going to race in gumboots because it looked like it might rain but held off so he just ran in normal shoes. The rest of the field got smoked by his method and he changed the game for ultras from then on.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I think technically it's a 96.

It might be, if one of the numbers was backwards.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I will never not laugh at Darth Vader Reads You The Bible Out Of A Wall Clock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrbpZ0VDfkY

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

By popular demand posted:

In my day each plug was lovingly hewn from tthe finest rock and carefuly sanded down by Kirk himself!

NO! Rocks are the enemy of the vagina!

quote:

Vaginal lubrication is mostly water. Malachite dissolves in water. Additionally, the vagina is very acidic and full of salts—things that will speed up malachite’s dissolution. And in one indulgent session with a boutique sex toy befitting Gwyneth Paltrow’s list, natural vaginal secretions may release enough copper from the malachite to kill off all the bacteria and fungi that make their home in your vagina.
:nyd:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Apr 21, 2024

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Okay, but have you considered that it will also kill off any slugs, snails, or shrimp living in the vagina?

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Cliff Young.

"Wikipedia' posted:

In 1983, now aged 61 years old, Young won the inaugural Westfield Sydney to Melbourne Ultramarathon, a distance of 875 kilometres (544 mi). The race was run between what were then Australia's two largest Westfield shopping centres: Westfield Parramatta in Sydney and Westfield Doncaster in Melbourne.[8] Young arrived to compete in overalls and work boots, without his dentures (later saying that they rattled when he ran).[9] He ran at a slow and loping pace and trailed the pack by a large margin at the end of the first day. While the other competitors stopped to sleep for six hours, Young kept running. He ran continuously for five days, taking the lead during the first night and eventually winning by 10 hours. Before running the race, he had told the press that he had previously run for two to three days straight rounding up sheep in gumboots.[10] He said afterwards that during the race he imagined he was running after sheep trying to outrun a storm. The Westfield run took him five days, fifteen hours and four minutes,[1] almost two days faster than the previous record for any run between Sydney and Melbourne, at an average speed of 6.5 kilometres per hour (4.0 mph)

Gumboots = Wellingtons (UK) = Rainboots/rubber boots (US)
Work boots = elastic-sided boots (non-laced Dr. Martens, Blundstones)

A quick look at the available footage seems to suggest that he did change into runners/sneakers at some point before or during the race: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OD96zocXRU; much clearer on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykGwircyfsU tho. He was wearing long pants (with handpunched holes for ventilation) instead of shorts b/c he had skin cancer (thanks, DuPont). Note that this was run during early Australian winter (April/May) so the temperatures were c. 55F during the day - you wouldn't want to do it in summer.

He's about 15 miles from the finish in this shot:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/from-the-archives-1983-cliff-young-makes-running-history-at-61-20230427-p5d3mw.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I. M. Gei posted:

I will never not laugh at Darth Vader Reads You The Bible Out Of A Wall Clock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrbpZ0VDfkY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp_XHhUNvX0