Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

https://x.com/JobberNationTV/status/1781328956542894484

im hearing from reliable sources that WBD is actually disappointed in TK and are going to not renew them

I am that source. Every week we call up Tony and tell him how proud we are of his big rating from last night and then we hang up and laugh to ourselves as we get ready to cancel all of aew's programming and replace it with reruns of America's Funniest Home Videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

C. Everett Koop posted:

I am that source. Every week we call up Tony and tell him how proud we are of his big rating from last night and then we hang up and laugh to ourselves as we get ready to cancel all of aew's programming and replace it with reruns of America's Funniest Home Videos.

why would you do this every week? How many weeks does it take to cancel a show?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

I feel like the set of circumstances required for Punk to have to come back to AEW would be so absolutely insane, I'd be up for it just to see it happen.

he would just have to get mad at someone in wwe more recently than anyone he got mad at in aew tbh

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tony would take him back in a heartbeat, in turn leading to me taking tony back

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Shard posted:

why would you do this every week? How many weeks does it take to cancel a show?

We keep meaning to cancel it each week but then we have regular games of Twister on Thursdays and then we keep forgetting.

Also you don't want to cancel a show on Friday because we all work half-days and to cancel a show is a full-day process and no one wants that.

Monday is bad as well because none of us really show up to work until like 2pm from the weekend.

I guess Tuesdays could work for us to cancel a show but there's a churro guy who does Tuesdays a couple blocks from the office and we all go get churros and that kinda distracts us from the rest of the day ngl.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

gently caress you dumb rear end. shut the gently caress up. that's what i yell at hte tv as a message to tony khan, aew

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cavauro posted:

gently caress you dumb rear end. shut the gently caress up. that's what i yell at hte tv as a message to tony khan, aew

I intercept these messages and make sure they're sent to Joe Burrow instead.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

"dude i almost had you!"
    \

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Shard posted:

he's also a thin skinned cry baby that likes to act like he's cooler than everyone else when in fact he is old and uncool now.

Well, yes, obviously, but somehow people can look past that and somehow crave a man who got had to sit out two months because he tried to do a buckshot lariat.

It's just nuts that in less than 2 years he's gotten injured four times, 3 times while holding belts.
From June 1st 2022 to Today he's spent 575/688 days not being cleared to wrestle.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sir Tonk posted:

im hearing from reliable sources that WBD is actually disappointed in TK and are going to not renew them

my sources say the death penalty, for firing CM Punk, being considered for @TonyKhan. I am pro-life and take no pleasure in reporting this.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Aew has been dead for years this is all a mass hallucination

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

WBD knows that streaming Fire Pro-Wrestling 2nd bout matches will be cheaper so will switch to that

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I know we all like to joke around here and have a laugh, but if AEW is actually dying like Dave and others are now starting to say, it's been fun posting with you all

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

MorningMoon posted:

I can't understand wanting CM Punk, he's gotten multimonth injuries in 2 of his last 4 matches. The guy can't go anymore.

He's the best in the world

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The thing is while Dave has been hard on AEW for some silly reasons he's not been saying it's dying. His point is that it's competing against a hot company (even if it shouldn't be as hot) and that kinda of hurts it right now. If anything AEW is doing way better than most companies that have had to face a hot WWE both in business and in product quality

Of course this doesn't mean a thing cause Zaslav is gonna stick AEW in the vault along with the Batgirl movie and Acme. Nobody will be able to ever see it again

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

He actually said today on the board that it's dying

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dave accidentally published his AEW obituary early in this weeks WON

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Dying to share more exclusive CM Punk footage

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm pretty excited about this new character i've never seen before in aew. his name is adam thompson and his character trait is that he really runs the ropes. not to be confused with adam taylor who is interested in the patented irish whip dropdown, in a potentially evil or tweener style

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

SatoshiMiwa posted:

WBD knows that streaming Fire Pro-Wrestling 2nd bout matches will be cheaper so will switch to that

gently caress aew I want fpw world on wednesdays and blazing tornado on saturdays

Sir Tonk posted:

He's the best in the world

at demanding the rent from joey mercury at the end of each month

FullMetalJackoff fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Apr 20, 2024

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

heard this myself, cody rhodes pulled out a sledgehammer, killed the jags mascot, and spit water into the air like papa h

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
If AEW dies I'll start the TNA Hell thread

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

MorningMoon posted:

Well, yes, obviously, but somehow people can look past that and somehow crave a man who got had to sit out two months because he tried to do a buckshot lariat.

It's just nuts that in less than 2 years he's gotten injured four times, 3 times while holding belts.
From June 1st 2022 to Today he's spent 575/688 days not being cleared to wrestle.

the numbers dont lie

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

MorningMoon posted:

I can't understand wanting CM Punk, he's gotten multimonth injuries in 2 of his last 4 matches. The guy can't go anymore.

If he's signed to AEW and injured that's exactly the same as him being signed to WWE and healthy. I see exactly the same amount of CM Punk on my TV. I don't care about the business stuff Tony is a billionaire who loves wrestling and posting. Nobody will read his posts if AEW folds, so he'll put as much money as he needs to into it.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

he didn’t want the tape shown but tony threatened to stop paying for tv time

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.

Sir Tonk posted:

This is true. JobberNationTV told me this while filming a vlog in his car because his mom gets mad when he does it inside the house. Tony's mom at least lets him film his vlogs in the back mansion.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
destination america your home to all elite action

challenge, your new home for dynamite

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

holy poo poo, Randall over on the JobberNation discord just said a HUGE AEW story is about to break regarding their deal with WB. says WB have been trying to cancel their deal with Tony since about September 2023 (this lines up with my own reports). If this is true, then... I dunno guys

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jinder…welcome to the resistance…..

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

holy poo poo, Randall over on the JobberNation discord just said a HUGE AEW story is about to break regarding their deal with WB. says WB have been trying to cancel their deal with Tony since about September 2023 (this lines up with my own reports). If this is true, then... I dunno guys

Same time as when they fired one bill Phil??

EDIT: that being said it is jobbernation which is very cringey iwc news

TelevisedInsanity fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Apr 20, 2024

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

QoP your reports have gotten out of hand, you have to let go of that power

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

It’s so over :negative:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I can't believe All Elite Wrestling is loving dead

Jeroen
Jun 2, 2004
I have been accused of a stalker!
Now what am I supposed to do, watch bloody Manchester United?

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
remembering the time CM Punk started in WWECW and tried calling a "locker room meeting" on his first day lmao

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jeroen posted:

Now what am I supposed to do, watch bloody Manchester United?

This is what they'll call the BCC in NXT

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

TheSwizzler posted:

remembering the time CM Punk started in WWECW and tried calling a "locker room meeting" on his first day lmao

https://youtu.be/0Z4enu18XaA?si=ASPfq_r3IdDQ7_4z

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

TheSwizzler posted:

Was that the time he ordered everyone to pick up their trash and Booker T responded by throwing trash at his feet and walking away?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Drakkel posted:

Was that the time he ordered everyone to pick up their trash and Booker T responded by throwing trash at his feet and walking away?

no that was a different time. In ECW he went up to then wwe and ecw world champ RVD and said hey I'm holding a meeting and I just wanted you to know it wasn't about you. And Rob was like I don't care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

rob should have told him to pick a hand