Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

gradenko_2000 posted:

Bush literally and personally did 9/11

i played a game today with a player on my team called "clinton did 9/11" and i thought, "sure. him/her too. why not?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Eat This Glob posted:

i played a game today with a player on my team called "clinton did 9/11" and i thought, "sure. him/her too. why not?"

yup

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

HW and W flew two planes, Bill and Hillary the other two

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Horseshoe theory posted:

Funny part is that Silverstein Properties got hosed in NY court as they said Swiss Re only had to pay out for one incident $3.5 billion instead of $7 billion for two.

owned lmao

idontpost69
Jun 26, 2023
It goes far afield in one area involving passengers being let off at a black site and forced to make phone calls under duress as if they were still on the planes, but I highly recommend the new pearl harbor otherwise. very thorough dismantling of the official story, and any sort of benign oopsie theory like an entrapment scheme getting out of hand.

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Dokapon Findom posted:

Magic is totally real and people not believing in it allows those who can harness it to be even more effective (does not apply to cat people dabbling in Tarot, sorry witchcraft thread)

does not apply to... ???

...women?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Engaging with it without understanding it is a profound act of disrespect

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Horseshoe theory posted:

Funny part is that Silverstein Properties got hosed in NY court as they said Swiss Re only had to pay out for one incident $3.5 billion instead of $7 billion for two.

Insurance companies don't make money by paying out claims. A huge unspoken part of the business model is weaseling out of obligations.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

I found a top notch crank conspiracy:

In Rediscovering Japan, Reintroducing Christendom Japan's unvoiced Christian history and cultural roots are examined from an alternative perspective. It is commonly believed that Christianity was introduced to Japan by the Spanish and Portuguese missionaries during the 1500s; however, Samuel Lee draws on various forms of cultural, religious and linguistic evidence to argue that Christianity was introduced to Japan through the Lost Tribes of Israel, who were converted to Christianity through the missionary efforts of the Assyrian Church of the East around A.D. 500. Much of the evidence he discusses has become submerged into many Japanese folkloric songs, festivals and is to be found in temples. There are, for example, approximately 300 words in Japanese and Hebrew/Aramaic that are similar. Further, Dr. Lee outlines the history of Catholicism in Japan during the 1500s, the systematic persecution of Christians from 1600s to the 1800s, and the rise of Protestant Church in Japan. The historical portion of the book ends with an analysis and discussion of 21st century Japanese society. Lastly, in Rediscovering Japan, Reintroducing Christendom, Samuel Lee questions the missiological methods of Western Christianity and advocates an approach based in dialogue between Christianity and other cultures.

I like how it's kind of snuck in there.

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

In Rediscovering Japan, Reintroducing Christendom Japan's unvoiced Christian history and cultural roots are examined from an alternative perspective. It is commonly believed that Christianity was introduced to Japan by the Spanish and Portuguese missionaries during the 1500s; however, Samuel Lee draws on various forms of cultural, religious and linguistic evidence to argue that Christianity was introduced to Japan through the Lost Tribes of Israel, who were converted to Christianity through the missionary efforts of the Assyrian Church of the East around A.D. 500. Much of the evidence he discusses has become submerged into many Japanese folkloric songs, festivals and is to be found in temples. There are, for example, approximately 300 words in Japanese and Hebrew/Aramaic that are similar. Further, Dr. Lee outlines the history of Catholicism in Japan during the 1500s, the systematic persecution of Christians from 1600s to the 1800s, and the rise of Protestant Church in Japan. The historical portion of the book ends with an analysis and discussion of 21st century Japanese society. Lastly, in Rediscovering Japan, Reintroducing Christendom, Samuel Lee questions the missiological methods of Western Christianity and advocates an approach based in dialogue between Christianity and other cultures.

The Asian jews settled in China in ~800AD iirc. Little did we know they came from the east.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

The Roots of Japan Were Ancient Israel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDrgMS78-ek

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

fire guy was a confirmed death is just around the corner listener. also, my favourite 9/11 conspiracy is the fifth plane. Which was the doomsday just-in-case us government plane circling high above the white house during the event. This isn't anything too out there or crazy, it's a pretty standard thing for them to have it up in crisis hours. The conspiracy part is that they have really scrubbed the internet of any mention of it. All the youtube videos of the news reports of it are gone and many mentions of it are gone. It was widely reported (and photographed) on the day that a white plane was circling above DC but this has all but vanished on the internet. One theory is that, instead of whatever known plane it usually is, this one was a plane kept hidden/classified from the public and still is. Another theory is that it was from area 51, and another that it was NOT a US government or military sentry but rather some hidden faction's plane. Who is to say.

Fifth plane, white plane on 9/11, etc.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Lampsacus posted:

fire guy was a confirmed death is just around the corner listener. also, my favourite 9/11 conspiracy is the fifth plane. Which was the doomsday just-in-case us government plane circling high above the white house during the event. This isn't anything too out there or crazy, it's a pretty standard thing for them to have it up in crisis hours. The conspiracy part is that they have really scrubbed the internet of any mention of it. All the youtube videos of the news reports of it are gone and many mentions of it are gone. It was widely reported (and photographed) on the day that a white plane was circling above DC but this has all but vanished on the internet. One theory is that, instead of whatever known plane it usually is, this one was a plane kept hidden/classified from the public and still is. Another theory is that it was from area 51, and another that it was NOT a US government or military sentry but rather some hidden faction's plane. Who is to say.

Fifth plane, white plane on 9/11, etc.

There was one flying over NYC too as the towers were being struck which I mentioned a few posts back- plausibly part of the NATO exercise taking place that morning. It would almost certainly be one of these:

or

Dokapon Findom has issued a correction as of 21:00 on Apr 21, 2024

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Flight 93 was some serious bullshit. I've put bigger divots in a golf green than that supposed crash site. The whole storming-the-cockpit narrative is fake and only exists to make Americans feel better about otherwise getting their asses kicked by the other three planes

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Dokapon Findom posted:

Flight 93 was some serious bullshit. I've put bigger divots in a golf green than that supposed crash site. The whole storming-the-cockpit narrative is fake and only exists to make Americans feel better about otherwise getting their asses kicked by the other three planes

I assumed it was intercepted and shot down by mid-afternoon 9/11 and have never seen or heard anything to dissuade me.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
so they stormed the cockpit, subdued the attackers and then crashed the plane? lmfao

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

slave to my cravings posted:

so they stormed the cockpit, subdued the attackers and then crashed the plane? lmfao

With no survivors

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Horizon Burning posted:

With no survivors

Plowing nose-first into a field at 300 miles per hour will tend to do that.

The official story is that the passengers tried to break into the cockpit, the hijackers tried to stop them by erratically maneuvering the plane, and that's what caused the plane to crash. There isn't enough evidence either way to say whether that's true, or if some pilot did shoot it down and Cheney decided to cover it all up for reasons of national morale.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

I think everything important happened before those guys even passed through security. The day itself was going to play out as it played out. There are a lot more clear and well documented signs of something amiss using that framing too.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Chamale posted:

Plowing nose-first into a field at 300 miles per hour will tend to do that.

The official story is that the passengers tried to break into the cockpit, the hijackers tried to stop them by erratically maneuvering the plane, and that's what caused the plane to crash. There isn't enough evidence either way to say whether that's true, or if some pilot did shoot it down and Cheney decided to cover it all up for reasons of national morale.

Every civilian airliner has a killswitch built in that the Feds can trigger

That's what they don't want you to know

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
how many stories are there of planes being successfully hijacked and then basically re-hijacked by the original crew? and don't say the FedEx guy because he never actually got control of the plane in the first place

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

christianity was introduced to japan through jesus h christ himself

source: jesus

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

how many stories are there of planes being successfully hijacked and then basically re-hijacked by the original crew? and don't say the FedEx guy because he never actually got control of the plane in the first place

I don't think the official narrative is true and it was probably shot down. That said, this isn't a good argument for that.

Prior to 9/11, passengers had no reason to try to retake a plane. Hijackers had always used passengers as bargaining chips and there was every expectation that if they just sat there that they would be released physically unharmed. The worst case scenario before that would probably have been the Entebbe raid where the hostages are held for a long time and a few die. There was never a case of retaking a plane because there wasn't ever a need.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

the passengers successfully retaking the plane and then just flying it into the ground on accident is the "secret service shot jfk" of 9/11

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

aren’t there literal recording of people on the plane learning what happened elsewhere? allegedly the families of the victims heard the black box recordings??? radar data indicates pretty well it was a nose dive?

idk it’s possible it was shot down, but there lots of evidence it wasn’t…?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

the passengers successfully retaking the plane and then just flying it into the ground on accident is the "secret service shot jfk" of 9/11

this is what I believe now

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

aren’t there literal recording of people on the plane learning what happened elsewhere? allegedly the families of the victims heard the black box recordings??? radar data indicates pretty well it was a nose dive?

idk it’s possible it was shot down, but there lots of evidence it wasn’t…?

That's my impression. Is there new evidence suggesting otherwise?

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Mola Yam posted:

I was just thumbing through Christianity Made in Japan: A Study of Indigenous Movements, it's interesting stuff.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Sometimes planes just do that

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Dokapon Findom posted:

a recurring rumor is that Cheney ordered it shot down while GWB was incommunicado at first, then they made up the "let's roll" poo poo for narrative shaping purposes

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I was just thumbing through Christianity Made in Japan: A Study of Indigenous Movements, it's interesting stuff.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Sometimes planes just do that

yep. everyone saw Jesus fly it into the building and yet he landed thousands of miles away in Japan.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Spergin Morlock posted:

a recurring rumor is that Cheney ordered it shot down while GWB was incommunicado at first, then they made up the "let's roll" poo poo for narrative shaping purposes

that makes a lot more sense than somehow finding out from your phone that some poo poo went down. they didn't even have smartphones or in flight WiFi!!

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Mola Yam posted:

dang and his brother was in China

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Xiuquan

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

It makes sense if you consider Mormonism part of the same trend. Christianity is a universal religion. People, unfortunately, often have limited imaginations. They are not able to make an ideology from a different context relevant in their immediate surroundings. Chalk that down to lack of intellectual sophistication, the conceptual horizons of the peasantry, whatever. Therefore, in times of great religious excitement, which the Burn Over District, 19th c Qing anarchy, and several periods of Japanese history were, it's must easier to have a millenarianism that transports the Gospel from Galilee and Judea to here and now, for a movement to really pick up steam.

I realize I'm just describing the second act of a musical made by the South Park guys.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

We need to bring back the Chautauqua movement.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I believe the complete 9/11 official report.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Lpzie posted:

I believe the complete 9/11 official report.

Free 9/11 Report Dot Com

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

so it’s true?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

It makes sense if you consider Mormonism part of the same trend. Christianity is a universal religion. People, unfortunately, often have limited imaginations. They are not able to make an ideology from a different context relevant in their immediate surroundings. Chalk that down to lack of intellectual sophistication, the conceptual horizons of the peasantry, whatever. Therefore, in times of great religious excitement, which the Burn Over District, 19th c Qing anarchy, and several periods of Japanese history were, it's must easier to have a millenarianism that transports the Gospel from Galilee and Judea to here and now, for a movement to really pick up steam.

I realize I'm just describing the second act of a musical made by the South Park guys.

reading this and getting really into Nestorianism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

this nestor