Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
BTE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Field Mousepad posted:

Every abandoned golf course I've ever seen has been turned into apartments and condos

There’s a national park that surrounds the city where I live and the city itself has a pretty good local parks service, so dead golf courses go to heaven around here :unsmith:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Field Mousepad posted:

Every abandoned golf course I've ever seen has been turned into apartments and condos

Almost anything is an improvement over 'golf course'.

Neglect it, apartments, public park, nuclear waste storage. All improvments.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Byzantine posted:

pterodactyls arent dinosaurs and you will be the fool of child mockery if you claim so

Haha, I was just talking about that to the missus the other day

When I was 7 or 8 my primary school teacher went round the the class asking people to name dinosaurs beginning with a letter

When she got to me she said "p" and I proudly shouted "pterodactyl" and SHE loving EVISCERATED ME IN FRONT OF THE CLASS

I can genuinely still remember every second of it and it was 35 years ago

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

It's cool how Jessica's nose and boobs possess the same profile.
Theranos has ruined tuetlenecks forever, hasn't it?

freeedr posted:

My three favorite dinosaurs are edaphosaurus, dimetrodon, and pterodactyl

YOU MONSTER
At least you didn't say "mammoth."

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Pmammoth

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tree Bucket posted:

Theranos has ruined tuetlenecks forever, hasn't it?

Most people on the planet don't know what you're talking about. Most people who did, have forgotten long ago.

Anyway Steve Jobs ruined them already. That's why she wore them.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Most people on the planet don't know what you're talking about. Most people who did, have forgotten long ago.

Anyway Steve Jobs ruined them already. That's why she wore them.

I don't think that's true. He was a pretty memorable bad guy and Avengers was a big franchise

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

kazil posted:

I don't think that's true. He was a pretty memorable bad guy and Avengers was a big franchise

Oh I don't eat those. They're not good for your blood sugar. I choose the baby carrots and apple wedges if the burger isn't enough.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

People who wear turtle necks:
-Spies
-Beatnik artists/poets
-White collar criminals (ironically)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

root beer posted:

There’s a national park that surrounds the city where I live and the city itself has a pretty good local parks service, so dead golf courses go to heaven around here :unsmith:

Is it one of those desert courses, they seem like they'd be easy to convert

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Nope, this is purely Midwest USA. One has been undergoing soil cleanup of decades of herbicides and mercury contamination, and will be going through further remediation soon to return the land to its natural state. There is a lot of wetland in the area so that may be part of the plan, though I don’t know for sure. In any case, you love to see it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Isn't that just clean urine to try and beat a drug test?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

kiimo posted:

Yeah he works hard...delegating

speaking of elves

The minimum size of an Olympic swimming pool is 50mx25mx2m deep (depth is minimum 2m, other dimensions are fixed). That's 660,430 gallons.

Santa canonically drinks from a glass of milk in each household he visits when it is left out for him; that's probably an average of at least 2 fl oz per glass, or 64 households/gallon, or at most 42 million milk-houses per swimming pool.

There are about 24m children 5 and under in the US this year. Two-or-more child households, lactose intolerance, and that only 75% of US households have a Christmas tree (presumably, those without a tree don't propriate Santa) cut the number of milk offerings down a bit, but if we assume 2.1 million households do this (slightly less than 1 in 10) then the US contribution to the Calculated Pool Index of Santa Swallowing is probably at least 0.05 pools/year, so Santa goes through a minimum of 5 pools/century.

It takes between 20-30 minutes for water to go from mouth to bladder, and Santa's schedule is very tight - he's not going to be able to stop for a break. Fortunately, we have documentation that Santa has a method for storing things that would otherwise be impossible to transport, so we can confidently conclude that Santa's pee is stored in his sacks.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Anything but metric though fr

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

thepopmonster posted:

The minimum size of an Olympic swimming pool is 50mx25mx2m deep (depth is minimum 2m, other dimensions are fixed). That's 660,430 gallons.

Santa canonically drinks from a glass of milk in each household he visits when it is left out for him; that's probably an average of at least 2 fl oz per glass, or 64 households/gallon, or at most 42 million milk-houses per swimming pool.

There are about 24m children 5 and under in the US this year. Two-or-more child households, lactose intolerance, and that only 75% of US households have a Christmas tree (presumably, those without a tree don't propriate Santa) cut the number of milk offerings down a bit, but if we assume 2.1 million households do this (slightly less than 1 in 10) then the US contribution to the Calculated Pool Index of Santa Swallowing is probably at least 0.05 pools/year, so Santa goes through a minimum of 5 pools/century.

It takes between 20-30 minutes for water to go from mouth to bladder, and Santa's schedule is very tight - he's not going to be able to stop for a break. Fortunately, we have documentation that Santa has a method for storing things that would otherwise be impossible to transport, so we can confidently conclude that Santa's pee is stored in his sacks.

have you been sitting on this post since January

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

freeedr posted:

My three favorite dinosaurs are edaphosaurus, dimetrodon, and pterodactyl

This is Anklylosaurus erasure and I wont stand for it.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is Anklylosaurus erasure and I wont stand for it.
That one is actually a dinosaur :mad:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Amphigory posted:

When I was 7 or 8 my primary school teacher went round the the class asking people to name dinosaurs beginning with a letter

When she got to me she said "p" and I proudly shouted "pterodactyl" and SHE loving EVISCERATED ME IN FRONT OF THE CLASS

She was right to do so.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
yeah you loving nerd

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

The pterodactyl is a flyinosaur.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
NO ITS NOT

Amphigory posted:

What was her rant like? Would you describe it as a nonsense verse or composition; a rigmarole with apparent meaning which proves to be meaningless?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I took it to mean the teacher screeched and pulled off her mask and was a pterodactyl underneath who then eviscerated the poster while the rest of the class ran out shrieking

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

But then I'm probably just thinking of Mrs. Commanderson

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

thepopmonster posted:

Milk isn't water, it's food. It curdles and turns into like cottage cheese in your stomach. Big guy has more than peeing to worry about.

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

Data Graham posted:

Well there's your problem, she teaches pre-K

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Freemason Rush Week posted:

Oh, she just happens to teach those that are the main diet of pterodactyls.

You may as well just hire a wolf to teach lambs how to... um eat grass I guess? I dunno what lambs are taught in school.

Fuoco
Jan 3, 2009

Freemason Rush Week posted:

What about the rest of the alphabet?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Fuoco posted:

What about the rest of the alphabet?

Nah it was decided not to teach the later half, more highly scrabble high scoring letters, to the kids today after they started beating the adults at the game.

Play games smarter, not harder.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Amphigory posted:

Pigeon
Partridge
Parrot

Easy

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Pheasant, ptarmigan, plover; seriously you could have just not embarrassed yourself op

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Which album has the song about being eviscerated in front of a group of school children

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Data Graham posted:

Ptero-ed!

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

freeedr posted:

Which album has the song about being eviscerated in front of a group of school children

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

freeedr posted:

the new taylor swift one i'm pretty sure

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

You have a very unique interpretation of Hot for Teacher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
Ten