Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Edward Mass posted:

I'd argue 28-3 made it legendary.

Why would we care about some game involving cheating hacks and dirty hitting meatheads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Mega64 posted:

Tennessee should make rings for the amazing achievement of garnering eight wins with Joe Milton III under center.

I would like a commemorative plate for every game Christian Hackenberg did not get sacked.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

CloFan posted:

That's too much jewelry for one season

No such thing

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Sash! posted:

I would like a commemorative plate for every game Christian Hackenberg did not get sacked.

You can say "I don't want any commemorative plates". You know you can just say that, right?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

CloFan posted:

I'm just gonna say it

Four rings for one season has a very "act like you've been there before, guys"

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

CloFan posted:

I'm just gonna say it

let them have it, i think it's great the plucky lil wolverinos got over the hump

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

GD_American posted:

Four rings for one season has a very "act like you've been there before, guys"

They had half a title in like 90 years and their prodigal son sprinted back to the pros as fast as his little legs would carry him. They might never get another one.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

LeeMajors posted:

They had half a title in like 90 years and their prodigal son sprinted back to the pros as fast as his little legs would carry him. They might never get another one.

it's like they're trying to catch up with Alabama's 18 titles thing in one go

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

They might never get another one.

from your posts to Xort's ears

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Who will Bama hire when DeBoer is gone in 2-3 seasons?

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Jim Harbaugh

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

I hope it's Lane though

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Sash! posted:

This just made me think of this play against Temple where Hackenberg got sacked by a 2 man rush with 5 linemen + an extra running back in pass protection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIvl3ufhNIc&t=51s

I've seen a lot of teams claim to have terrible offensive lines, but I've never seen one that bad before.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

whos that broooown posted:

I hope it's Lane though

Man, I don’t know. Lane seems pretty dialed in with Ole Miss these days.

What’s Coach Fran up to these days?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I’ve seen a whole lot of bad QB play in my lifetime, in both college football and the NFL.

The worst i’ve ever seen was Ryan Lindley on the Cardinals.

But the second worst i’ve ever seen was Christian Hackenberg. Not in terms of overall athleticism or skill, but in decision-making. His football IQ was inexplicably bad. I was absolutely shocked he even got drafted. In the second round, even!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I recently retired bellichek rolling out of bed would coach alabama

I would love to see him roundly dismiss or blow off the rich bama boosters

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I don’t think there exists a Brinks truck large enough that Bama (or any other school) could back into Belichick’s driveway to convince him to deal with having to talk to teenagers, be it on the recruiting trail or inside a film room.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Gonz posted:

I don’t think there exists a Brinks truck large enough that Bama (or any other school) could back into Belichick’s driveway to convince him to deal with having to talk to teenagers, be it on the recruiting trail or inside a film room.

It's not the players that would keep bill out of college (though he'd probably still hate it). He could barely handle Kraft, he's not putting up with booster culture for a second.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

“BELICHICK AIN’T poo poo, PAWWWWLLLLLLL!”

I can hear it now.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Gonz posted:

I’ve seen a whole lot of bad QB play in my lifetime, in both college football and the NFL.

But the second worst i’ve ever seen was Christian Hackenberg. Not in terms of overall athleticism or skill, but in decision-making. His football IQ was inexplicably bad. I was absolutely shocked he even got drafted. In the second round, even!

Can't teach tall and white

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Gonz posted:

Houston Nutt's primed and ready to go.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Gonz posted:

lanning, probably

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

LeeMajors posted:

that's right, but that's what makes it so great we got it in the series finale of college football. the most important, and last, one, and the good guys did it

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
grinding teeth, choking back sobs: st..stop celebrating so much! it's so undignified!!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

drat Dirty Ape posted:

This just made me think of this play against Temple where Hackenberg got sacked by a 2 man rush with 5 linemen + an extra running back in pass protection.

I've seen a lot of teams claim to have terrible offensive lines, but I've never seen one that bad before.

Nothing beats Joey Bosa using the RB’s body to sack Hackenberg

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

lanning, probably

gently caress you! Yeah probably :sigh:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

lanning, probably

Need to push the Nike stock vesting out farther

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

lanning, probably

Going to be honest it felt good there was a catastrophic coaching carousel and Oregon wasn't part of it for once in the past decade.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

You can see by the Oregon tripleposting that we were not hurt at all and will not be hurt again.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gonz posted:

Alabama should hire Senator Tommy Tuberville. Because the idea of him bailing on being Senator for another job tickles me. And also him no longer having any influence in politics would be nice.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Maxwells Demon posted:

You can see by the Oregon tripleposting that we were not hurt at all and will not be hurt again.

Scott Frost. The Florida bailer. That lovely Mark.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Nervous posted:

Scott Frost. The Florida bailer. That lovely Mark.

Justin Wilcox supposedly being a target this last time, and deciding to stay with Cal because ?????

Also which Florida bailer, we’ve had two :v:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

harperdc posted:

Justin Wilcox supposedly being a target this last time, and deciding to stay with Cal because ?????

Seriously, getting turned down by a dude to stay at Cal was one of the more low key humiliating Oregon carousel moments.

The coaching carousel can’t hurt me now that we’ve figured out how to compensate coaches using options, right?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

Alabama should hire Senator Tommy Tuberville. Because the idea of him bailing on being Senator for another job tickles me. And also him no longer having any influence in politics would be nice.

Bonus points if he sneaks out of a Capitol bathroom during a critical republican vote

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Gonz posted:

Hack managed to get benched in the AAF. Even by spring football standards he was complete trash.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

I don't even think Alabama's boosters can top the amount Tommy can grift as a senator.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

drat Dirty Ape posted:

My theory is that everyone hated him.

Plus he was bad

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Charitibundi Bowl final total: a loving lot of money

edit: gently caress you, go blue 269-59

https://twitter.com/newampaths/status/1782478282346176993?t=hfVSYMXVevAeOzAl9vTf7w&s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 22, 2024

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Seriously, getting turned down by a dude to stay at Cal was one of the more low key humiliating Oregon carousel moments.

The coaching carousel can’t hurt me now that we’ve figured out how to compensate coaches using options, right?

I dunno maybe Wilcox doesn't want to deal with genuine expectations? I could see him feeling like the payday would not be worth the exposure since he has comfortably hung out in the bay area for what feels like forever now being non descriptly not on the hot seat and even when he is it doesn't seem to come to anything. Feels like its more about him than Oregon honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

harperdc posted:

I was thinking about Taggart. Which, thinking about how he's done since, lol. Lmao, even.