Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

a neat cape posted:

Brandon Marshall loves him

Didn't they break up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Ginger Beer Belly posted:

My favorite QB bust is Christian Hackenberg, because a lot of people knew he was terrible, but someone was still going to draft him with a premium pick because he looked the part of the big cannon-armed pocket passer.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-why-pff-doesnt-have-a-draftable-grade-on-christian-hackenberg

That someone was the New York Jets, and the 2nd round draft pick burning a hole in their pocket.

Hackenberg was terrible in college.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

I remember a lot of Texans fans reacting in horror to all the mock drafts that had them drafting Hackenberg because Bill O'Briien was going to want to reunite with his college QB. Turns out BOB knew better.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1782812405241729117

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

Pretty sure watching Hackenberg took literal years off my dad's life.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Christian Ponder and EJ Manuel being back to back Florida State 1st round draft pick quarterbacks is so loving funny, why the hell did those dudes go so high man

do NOT quote this post in the future if Jordan Travis busts

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i completely memory holed christian ponder

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

i completely memory holed christian ponder

I will always remember Ponder for giving us the chance to FREE JOE WEBB!

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
if Tim Tebow has a thought is it Christian Ponder

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Alaois posted:

Christian Ponder and EJ Manuel being back to back Florida State 1st round draft pick quarterbacks is so loving funny, why the hell did those dudes go so high man

Ponder had a chance to be good but wrecked his shoulder in college and still got picked high. EJ Manuel was always going to be bad and Jimbo even said he never should've been a first round pick.

Jordan Travis rules and it sucks he got his leg destroyed on a cheap rear end hip drop tackle.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

My favorite QB bust is Christian Hackenberg, because a lot of people knew he was terrible, but someone was still going to draft him with a premium pick because he looked the part of the big cannon-armed pocket passer.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-why-pff-doesnt-have-a-draftable-grade-on-christian-hackenberg

That someone was the New York Jets, and the 2nd round draft pick burning a hole in their pocket.

Did he ever get a single snap in a regular season game?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

My favorite nugget in that infamous article is that he was off target on over fifteen percent of WIDE RECEIVER SCREENS. You know, the play that's supposed to be so easy to complete that it's an extension of the run game, the passing equivalent of a hand off.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Hack managed to get benched in the AAF. He was too bad to play in spring football leagues.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Eagles losing a draft pick to sign Saquon to that deal is a hilariously bad outcome

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Alaois posted:

EJ was good size, had a great arm, and could scramble pretty well, so he had all the physical tools.

He just didn't have much in terms of pocket awareness, struggled to get through progressions, had shoddy mechanics, and tended to meltdown spectacularly for quarters at a time if he made a mistake (which was often, of course).

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists

Alaois posted:

Jordan Travis ain't going in the 1st though

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Stealing this chart from the AFCE thread so more people can get outraged over various team ratings

https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/1782782251228389833

My favorite Hack Fact is that he’s on LinkedIn as a salesman for some tech reseller in Pennsylvania. Imagine calling these guys up to buy some firewalls or whatever and loving Hackenberg picks up the phone lmao.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Kurgarra Queen posted:

EJ was good size, had a great arm, and could scramble pretty well, so he had all the physical tools.

He just didn't have much in terms of pocket awareness, struggled to get through progressions, had shoddy mechanics, and tended to meltdown spectacularly for quarters at a time if he made a mistake (which was often, of course).

On top of that he was doomed to be coached by a fresh faced Nate Hackett his first two years and then a Rex Ryan/Greg Roman team desperate to move on from him.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Docjowles posted:

Stealing this chart from the AFCE thread so more people can get outraged over various team ratings

Not really outraged whatsoever but I guess the Panthers and Jets are quite a bit higher up than I would've thought. Raiders and Steelers stand out to me for being significantly too low.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Docjowles posted:

What a goofy chart. The bears have Tyson Bagent and Rypien at QB on the roster yet rated higher than a bunch of other teams

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Docjowles posted:

The Jaguars have a bad OL but I dont think its a 0.4 with Morse at C. The Seahawks DEFINITELY do not have a 0.1 OLD with two bookend Ts.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Did the Jets not ask for an investigation into tampering with Hardman by the Chiefs?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Play posted:

Not really outraged whatsoever but I guess the Panthers and Jets are quite a bit higher up than I would've thought. Raiders and Steelers stand out to me for being significantly too low.

Rodgers being the Jets QB and being rated a 3.5 on whatever scale that is is, uh, optimistic. Maybe he’ll bounce back but already being projected by these guys as the 5th best QB?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Thaddius the Large posted:

Rodgers being the Jets QB and being rated a 3.5 on whatever scale that is is, uh, optimistic. Maybe he’ll bounce back but already being projected by these guys as the 5th best QB?

maybe he gets extra points for believing that HIV was manufactured in a lab

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Maybe he counts depth and Tyrod is certainly better than Zach Wilson.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Rodgers is probably still a really good QB if he actually plays. Huge if, though.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Docjowles posted:

Packers are being underrated badly here at WR and OL and IMO overrated on defense.

Like there's no way the Packers WR room is just barely better than the Chiefs'.

lol at the 0.1 grades here btw. Seems to be one for every column:

Commanders 0.1 QB, Cowboys 0.1 RB, Cardinals 0.1 WR, Panthers 0.1 TE, Seahawks 0.1 OL.
Chargers 0.1 DI, Falcons 0.1 ED, Titans 0.1 LB, Giants 0.1 CB and Safety.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
There's a huge, huge range of outcomes with Rodgers this season. I wouldn't be *totally* shocked if he played like a top 5-8 QB, and I wouldn't be shocked at all if he is completely washed after the achilles tear. I think last year you could reasonably hope for/expect him to play somewhere between his MVP years and his 2022 season, but this year all bets are off.

If he's even solid, though, the Jets should be good.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Wait, these aren't grades, they're rankings. #32 is 0.1, #1 is 4.0. What a terrible chart

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

SKULL.GIF posted:

Wait, these aren't grades, they're rankings. #32 is 0.1, #1 is 4.0. What a terrible chart
In either case they're still bad. The Seahawks dont have the worst OL, the Jags definitely do not have the 2nd worst OL, the Bengals do not have the 2nd worst RBs, ect

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

SKULL.GIF posted:

Oh that makes way more sense.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

I think it's supposed to be like a GPA. 4.0 = A = best, 0 = F. I don't know why he thought this was the best way to present it

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

on this day, 14 years ago, the denver broncos traded a bunch of picks to the ravens in exchange for the right to draft tim tebow

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

trevorreznik posted:

What a goofy chart. The bears have Tyson Bagent and Rypien at QB on the roster yet rated higher than a bunch of other teams

Caleb is so lucky to have Bagent there to teach him how to be a quarterback.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Dramatika posted:

if Tim Tebow has a thought is it Christian Ponder

Hello new best friend.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

In either case they're still bad. The Seahawks dont have the worst OL, the Jags definitely do not have the 2nd worst OL, the Bengals do not have the 2nd worst RBs, ect

I doubt it’s the absolute worst OL in the league but the Seahawks line is really bad because the interior is so poo poo.

Left Tackle is a good “A-“ player and young.
Right Tackle is a good “B” player and young… except he’s had serious injuries and we don’t know if he’s going to bounce back.

The interior was garbage in 2023. I could believe that the 2023 IOL was competing for the worst in the league. The IOL was such an Achilles heel that the unit effectively sandbagged an otherwise talented and playoff-worthy offense.

And the current 2024 IOL looks worse because the team lost the best of the IOL in this FA. Cribbing from The Athletic, regarding the state of affairs for Seattle:

quote:

Interior offensive line: Seattle’s projected starting interior offensive line is currently left guard Tremayne Anchrum Jr. (one career start), either Nick Harris (four starts) or Olu Oluwatimi (one start) at center and right guard Anthony Bradford (10 starts).

RG Bradford might have enough talent to warrant letting him play the seasons and hope his sophomore season is a step forward. LG and C though… woof.

Seahawks have a lot of holes but the deepest holes are at IOL.

Draft Fautanu or a Center!!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

How is the Jets OL rated so high. Are they assuming a complete, healthy season from the former Cowboy?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

How is the Jets OL rated so high. Are they assuming a complete, healthy season from the former Cowboy?
Its assumed a healthy depth chart, but outside LG their line is “assuming healthy player” pretty drat stout this year.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Rodgers is going to be fine and probably play just below his normal elite level.

I know everyone hates him but he's still a first ballot hall of famer and even at 80% he's better than most to ever do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Its assumed a healthy depth chart, but outside LG their line is “assuming healthy player” pretty drat stout this year.

What do yo think the odds are that the Jets OL today makes it to opening day healthy? I'll go like 55% lol