Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

It's really unfortunate that the best way to farm engagement is to be extremely stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Bills RB room and offensive line (even minus Morse) are way better than that.

Receiver is probably a little low, since we have Khalil Shakir, who is notably capable of doing good things.
Edge is a good starter, The Incredibly Washed Robber, and a gaggle of JAGs, so pretty good.

Also Josh Allen is the 2nd best QB in the league, so that part is right.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/nyjetsfansonly/status/1782821816202899637

lol

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Nosre posted:

But the more important part of my post is that all three are quality prospects. An unfortunate choice (to me anyway) would be if there were just two legit guys and so they had to consider overdrafting Penix or Nix at #3

Kurgarra Queen posted:

I mean, Josh Allen was the third QB off the board. Patrick Mahomes was the second. Lamar Jackson was 5th. NFL teams are dumb, routinely pick players who suck poo poo (lotta recent history of this in our division!) and you shouldn’t be certain that *checks notes* the Chicago Bears and Washington ”Football” Commanders are going to pick the best/only QBs.

…if you’re going to point out there’s no reason to believe the Patriots will get it right, well…:shrug:

Docjowles posted:

Maybe not what everyone means but there have absolutely been posts itt calling their pick “the third best QB”. Yeah they get a smaller pool to pick from but as noted nobody actually knows who is good. The Texans are pretty happy to have gotten QB2 last year.

i think i got too hung up on "QB3", i agree with all of this-- QB draft order is often way off from actual talent once they play in the NFL. none of us even know if daniels or maye will be the QB available at 3, let alone how good either will be

that said, the pool of available players does matter. it's not like every team is following the same big board, we have no idea if the pats think there is a wide gulf between two of the QBs we are considering top-tier prospects. maybe they hate williams and know they'll have one of their guys at 3, who knows

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/iamSauceGardner/status/1782885379273642009

Hate to see sauce palling around with Gary V lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/1782900907585249478

gently caress off

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I agree with that tweet.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
wow lol what a curt and unnecessary tweet

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Seems to devalue the power and meaning of the thank you for your service tweet if even Zach Wilson is getting one.

Nov 6, 2002

The office mom must run the Jets Twitter account.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Lmao

https://twitter.com/woodyjohnson4/status/1782911210368741655?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

AFC East 2024: Thank you, Zach Wilson

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

fsif posted:

AFC East 2024: Thank you, Zach Wilson

For some reason I think the “Wishing you all the best” adds another level of hilarity to that tweet. It really brings the whole thing together

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Honestly just saying wishing you all the best is way better than. The thank you is odd unless you mean thanks for beating the patriots once I guess

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Thanks for putting up with our stupid bullshit!

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kalli posted:

Also Jacoby Brissett is pretty much the same caliber as our WR's right now.

If you're going on a purely raw need argument, the answer becomes LT. They don't have a functional one currently.

trade down and then back up to take Alt while still walking away with an extra first and probably some 2nd or 3rd round change

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Relentlessboredomm posted:

trade down and then back up to take Alt while still walking away with an extra first and probably some 2nd or 3rd round change

with who? NYG is the only team that might want a QB in Alt's expected range, and as awful as danny dimes is they hardly have their back against the wall

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

stuker posted:

with who? NYG is the only team that might want a QB in Alt's expected range, and as awful as danny dimes is they hardly have their back against the wall

trade down with whoever wants a QB (Minn, Denver, NYG) then trade back up to 5 or maybe 6 just to leapfrog the Titans to take Alt

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Russini was on the Athletic podcast today saying Giants ownership won’t let them draft a QB after giving Dimes a huge contract. Take everything this time of year with a mountain of salt but big lol if that’s true

Nov 6, 2002

Diana Wrongsini

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Just trade back up it's so easy lol

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Metapod posted:

Just trade back up it's so easy lol

obviously everything depends on how things shake out but AZ did exactly what I described last year so it's not exactly unheard of

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

even ignoring the reliance on a second trade that may not be there, the chargers could easily draft Alt themselves

pats would have to be getting an insane haul to trade back with MIN, considering their own needs and the talent dropoff at those positions by 11

stuker fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Apr 24, 2024

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

He's thanking him for finally loving going away to be Somebody Else's Problem.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

stuker posted:

pats would have to be getting an insane haul to trade back with MIN, considering their own needs and the talent dropoff at those positions by 11

Jeffords, 11+23, 2025 First Rounder, and 2026 First Rounder?

That is the floor if I am the Pats anyways.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mooseontheloose posted:

Jeffords? You mean Justin Jefferson? He's worth two firsts on his own. I dont think Minny trades five SIX firsts for a QB who would then not have one of the top 3 WRs in the NFL to throw to.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Apr 24, 2024

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Mooseontheloose posted:

You want the best WR in the NFL plus 4 other firsts for the 3 best QB in the draft? LMAO

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Trolling your future boss.

quote:

McCarthy described Kraft as “the coolest, smoothest guy I’ve met in a long time,” adding that he knows the franchise is in “good hands” with the Krafts in charge of the organization.
https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2024/04/23/j-j-mccarthy-tom-brady-patriots-robert-kraft-nfl-draft/

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

good timing to ballwash bob kraft

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I would rather the Jets draft Byron Murphy at 10 than Bowers.

It also can't be overstated how much the Jets hosed themselves with the careless foolhardy pickswap in the Rodgers trade last year. Thats the kind of value spew that bad teams who remain bad do.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Apr 24, 2024

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Now you're getting ridiculous with the positional value argument. Receiver is an enormous need. Bowers is unequivocally one of the top 5-10 players in the draft.

A WR trade-up is far more preferable, but if they stay put and take Bowers, it's fine.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Now you're getting ridiculous with the positional value argument. Receiver is an enormous need. Bowers is unequivocally one of the top 5-10 players in the draft.

A WR trade-up is far more preferable, but if they stay put and take Bowers, it's fine.

I said before that I want a WR trade up. I just don't think the 3 WRs will be there at 10 and I don't want any part of Bowers.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Relentlessboredomm posted:

trade down with whoever wants a QB (Minn, Denver, NYG) then trade back up to 5 or maybe 6 just to leapfrog the Titans to take Alt

I think the ideal is getting an offer of 3 1sts from the Vikings with maybe a taster on top of it. Do a modest trade up from 11 with either the Falcons or Bears, since the Falcons will likely still have their pick of defensive players and the Bears just need more picks and take either WR or OT there, then the other at 23. Ideally walk out of the draft solving those two holes and filling the other gaps, with 2 firsts next year to figure out the QB problem with. And ideally, have Dak hit free agency and just sign him with their billion in cap space :v:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Oh come the gently caress on mcmagic

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

And ideally, have Dak hit free agency and just sign him with their billion in cap space :v:

do not want

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

Oh come the gently caress on mcmagic

Bowers would be a disaster of a pick.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Bowers would be a disaster of a pick.

Mcmagic is right. The Jets are the worst possible situation for Bowers. He'd be at the whim of the body of Aaron Rodgers staying healthy enough to use him.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I’m so glad mcmagic thinks Tua is better than Herbert and Hurts. Welcome to the squad, my friend.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

I’m so glad mcmagic thinks Tua is better than Herbert and Hurts. Welcome to the squad, my friend.

huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

He was taken 2nd so obviously he is the second best QB! Eat poo poo Justin!