Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Renreeja posted:

any advantages to claiming two dishwashers on my taxes? which form

Form 5695

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

I am going to be without my phone for a good four hours. I am requesting a recap of the morning lols for my stupid rear end ahead of time for when I get back.

Drump.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Also there is no way, literally zero chance, that trump has not at some point had someone have an abortion.

I once made a YouTube comment that I would cut off my right foot if Trump never paid for an abortion and someone replied, "You might end up with extra feet over that."

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

loving Moron posted:

I am going to be without my phone for a good four hours. I am requesting a recap of the morning lols for my stupid rear end ahead of time for when I get back.

Drump.

Nite krew being nite krew again

There's your recap

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

loving Moron posted:

Drump.

Alright we'll take meticulous notes about what happens and post them in chronological order just below here.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Nite krew being nite krew again

There's your recap

he said the morning lols seth

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

Tai posted:

No one can even define what woke is to ban it.

They are literally against being aware of things. They have trouble expressing that in a way that doesn't sound really dumb, even to them.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Radio Paranoia posted:

He's already fighting woke in the courtroom.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Harveygod posted:

Your refund or bill when you file your taxes is not your taxes. What you withhold every pay period is (supposed to be) your taxes. If you keep owing money (or even getting a "decent refund") at the end of the year then you should redo your W4.

You probably did get a "tax break" but your withholding isn't accounting for the larger standard deduction.

Jesus dude, I know how taxes work but Trump’s plan did away with a whole bunch of deductions (can’t remember specifics but one had to do with kids). The overall amount of money I owe went up

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
his arse is, at least.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
Is it another day in court for our favorite farting felon?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No, not on Wednesdays

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I think they’re off today

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Frank Frank posted:

Jesus dude, I know how taxes work but Trump’s plan did away with a whole bunch of deductions (can’t remember specifics but one had to do with kids). The overall amount of money I owe went up

lol I owed $300 because I was on UI last year and moved a 401k to a IRA cuz I got laid off, thank you for my tax break Darnald Johnathan "TRUMP"

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Ye nothing today

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Frank Frank posted:

Iirc the bottom limit for itemized deductions increased. Our taxes also went up because we had only been able to itemize deductions for the first time ever the year before that increase and went back to standard.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

OPAONI posted:

IIRC the judge set a Monday through Friday schedule for the trial excepting Wednesdays, so no court fun for today.

Edit: lol beaten like a Republican special election candidate in 2024.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

It's loving bullshit that there's no trial today but at least we have criminal trial and immunity decision to look forward to tomorrow!

Also hopefully gives Merchan enough time to finish his ruling on the gag order and we'll get that tomorrow too

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

My favorite president (“TRUMP”!) is a biggly powerful man who needs to golf at least three times per week or else he’d explode. The evil radical left Democrat Biden Judge was too weak to deny it because even he knows that it would tip his hand if he made someone sit in a chair for a full workweek; everyone would know that’s impossible for anyone to do

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Checking in on Bucks County

Holy poo poo what a ride.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Checking in on Bucks County

These are the whitest men I gave ever seen

Like holy poo poo were they lab born?

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
For some reason it made me happy to know that the people in Luzerne PA are the same idiots as the guys running Lucerne, Switzerland.

Sorry about sending those asshats over the Atlantic. -Europe

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This should sound alarm bells for Trump campaign

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
After 5+ years of hearing "Lock Her Up!" constantly, give me Donny in jail, even just for a little bit. As a treat.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

greazeball posted:

It's loving bullshit that there's no trial today but at least we have criminal trial and immunity decision to look forward to tomorrow!

Also hopefully gives Merchan enough time to finish his ruling on the gag order and we'll get that tomorrow too

boy do I have some awful news for you

immunity arguments are tomorrow, who knows when the decision will be

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

pro starcraft loser posted:

I'm curious what Trumpers think he will do about 'woke' if he's elected.

Like, do they think he's going to pass a law preventing bans of Nazis on social media? Imprison tv execs who stop having radical right wingers appear on talk shows? A hard maximum cap of non straight, white, Christian males per season of a series?

"No more black people in laundry detergent commercials"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

This should sound alarm bells for Trump campaign

You love to hear it!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mistle posted:

Technically the bill owed is your taxes because your withholding didn't withhold enough to pay all your taxes, or non-withheld income is a factor. Also how would a larger standard deduction make you owe more money(outside of moving you to a new tax bracket)?

Politely requesting that we not perpetuate the "move to a new tax bracket" canard

As I'm sure we all know, you don't suddenly owe a higher percentage on ALL your income as soon as you get a raise that puts your income above a certain threshold. You only get taxed at the higher percentage for the portion of your income above that threshold

It's an old-school right-wing scare tactic to make people think they'll end up with LESS money after they get a certain kind of poison-pill "raise" attributable to "high taxes" Democrats because they depend on people not understanding what marginal tax rates are

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

These are the whitest men I gave ever seen

Like holy poo poo were they lab born?

Yakub has a lot to answer for

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

ManBoyChef posted:

It actually belies another really dangerous problem with his administration. I imagine that there were so many things that could have gone a lot better if we just had someone that cared about the job as much as he cared about the title.

He obviously wasn't reading briefs or actually listening to his advisors on really important things.

Honestly I am of the mindset that his executive time was just him trying to run his other businesses.

Uh you dumb rear end did you read the schedules they released even??? They all literally said “President Trump will work from early in the morning until late in the evening. He will make many calls and have many meetings.” He was working hard! Thank you!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ManBoyChef posted:

It actually belies another really dangerous problem with his administration. I imagine that there were so many things that could have gone a lot better if we just had someone that cared about the job as much as he cared about the title.

He obviously wasn't reading briefs or actually listening to his advisors on really important things.

Honestly I am of the mindset that his executive time was just him trying to run his other businesses.

Surely you jest. "Executive time" was him channel-flipping between Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC looking for what they're saying about "TRUMP" for seven hours a day

"run his businesses" what the gently caress lmao

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

What's that old chestnut about getting toothpaste back into the tube again?

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Donald Trump is going to end cancel culture by personally going door to door and telling people that they can’t ostracize or avoid me for being an insufferable, racist rear end in a top hat anymore. And he’s going to give me insulin for cheap and eggs for under $8 and force my estranged children and grandkids to visit me again. MAGA!

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

There's no way his name is actually Jack Mehoff.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

OPAONI posted:

Sir Felonius Fartsalot.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Lmao Trump:

quote:

"I’m catching up on my loving sleep ’cause I’m bored.”

— Donald Trump, quoted by The Bulwark, on reportedly dozing off during his criminal trial.

Real quote btw

Ah got the article

quote:

IN THE FIRST WEEK OF HIS CRIMINAL TRIAL, Donald Trump raised about $5.6 million online by warning his small dollar-donors that the “Deep State” was out to lock him up.

“I JUST STORMED INTO COURT,” one fundraising email read when jury selection began last week. “But instead, I’m stuck in Biden’s Corrupt Court AGAIN facing 34 FELONIES & LIFE IN PRISON. TALK ABOUT TRUMP DERANGEMENT SYNDROME!”

That message brought in about $1.6 million, according to a source familiar with internal Trump fundraising numbers. The source said Trump then raised about $1 million a day through Friday, which was about 20 percent more than the March daily average for fundraising. The average donation was $27.

The trial will continue to be the top fundraising draw for the campaign’s digital program because small-dollar donors see it as a call to arms and the campaign sees it as a the best way to pay his legal bills and catch up to President Biden, who has a sizable fundraising lead.

“Our people feel this is a personal attack on them. They know this is bullshit and this is how they fight back,” said a Trump adviser. “It’s not ideal. But we’re making lemons outta lemonade.”

ON TUESDAY, TRUMP HEIGHTENED the tension and brinkmanship by again taking to Truth Social and calling out Judge Juan Merchan as he decides whether the defendant violated a gag order, mainly by bashing the prosecution’s witness, former Trump fixer Michael Cohen, as a perjurer.

“If they lock [Trump] up for telling the truth, our fundraising will go supernova,” the Trump adviser told The Bulwark. “They don’t have the balls.”

Prosecutor Chris Conroy made clear to the court that he was mindful of turning Trump into a MAGA martyr.
“We are not yet seeking an incarceratory penalty,” he said, adding that Trump apparently wants to go to jail: “Defendant seems to be angling for that.”

Trump pollster John McLaughlin said this wasn’t just about fundraising.

“It’s more about exposing Biden’s real motives to lock up his political opponent,” he said. “The key is taking a really bad situation and turning it into an opportunity to help win the election. Biden and his supporters are intent on making Trump the Nelson Mandela of America.”

TRUMP HAS MADE NO SECRET of his annoyance at being stuck in court. Forced to sit quietly and deprived of his steady stream of caffeinated Diet Cokes, which at Mar-a-Lago are served to him with regularity by ever-attendant waitstaff, Trump has been caught micronapping at the defense table.
“I’m catching up on my loving sleep ’cause I’m bored,” he told one source.

But being in court has some advantages for Trump’s cash-starved campaign: The reduced campaign footprint and free-media blitz is saving money on travel and events. New campaign finance reports released Saturday show Biden and the Democratic National Committee together raised $42 million more, spent $31 million more, and banked $64 million more than Trump and the Republican National Committee for the month of March. The finance reports also show that the main political committee Trump has used to fund legal expenses, Save America PAC, is being bled dry by his multiple criminal and civil cases. Since January 2023, Save America has spent about $60 million on legal fees, an average of about $4 million a month.

Now that he’s in a six-week criminal trial, Trump’s legal defense could cost even more. And Biden is creeping up in the polls.

Trump campaign advisers brush off any talk of financial trouble by pointing to what they say was a record $50.5 million single-night fundraiser two weeks ago from high-dollar donors. They say Trump’s campaign and legal bills will be covered—but they’re short on specifics.

“Will Biden have more money? Yes. He’s the incumbent. Will we have enough? Definitely,” another source familiar with his fundraising said. “The legal bills suck, but they’re getting taken care of. Trump is doing what he needs to do.”

“There’s wall-to-wall coverage. So why not take advantage of that? What would he raise money over if not for the trial?” said Eric Wilson, a Republican digital consultant. “What you’re trying to do with digital fundraising is to get a donation link into someone’s email box or into a text message of a person when they feel compelled to donate. That’s why you send out so many links. You need to stay top of mind and current so you’re at the top of the inbox when they’re outraged or aware of something that’s important. With the wall-to-wall coverage of the Trump criminal trial, he’s the center of attention.”
Last August, Trump raised the most in a single day from small-dollar donors—$4.2 million—by promoting his Fulton County Jail mugshot in the Georgia election interference case, according to an analysis by campaign finance expert Rob Pyers. Pyers’s data, drawn from the joint fundraising committee for the Trump campaign and the Save America PAC, show that Trump’s second-biggest daily haul, nearly $4 million, came months before, in April 2023, when Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg first indicted him. His third-highest daily fundraising total came two weeks earlier, when New York Attorney General Letitia James was trying to enforce a $454 million business fraud against him.

“Our top performing topics will always be rapid response breaking news, with lawfare at the top,” said a Trump campaign source familiar with his digital fundraising efforts. “Any time President Trump is in the news, the campaign raises more.”

Other Trump finance programs come from the sale of MAGA hats, links to poll questions, and a program asking donors to pick whom they want to see as Trump’s running mate.

And Trump is keen to preserve his exclusivity as a donation machine: Co-campaign managers Susie Wiles and Chris LaCivita have repeatedly warned other candidates to stop using his name and likeness without permission. Last week, they told the campaigns that did use Trump as a fundraising draw to give Trump a cut.

Mike Nellis, a Democratic digital fundraiser, said he understands why Trump is raising money from his legal challenges because the cases are central to his message:

For Trump, this strategy makes a lot of sense. His whole value proposition is grievance politics: Everybody’s out to get me, everybody’s out to get my supporters. The system is rigged. And he desperately needs the money to pay for all these legal fees because he’s in so much hot water. So it doesn’t just make sense, it’s on-brand.

“If I were Trump’s guy, would I feel great about it? No,” Nellis said. “But I’m not Trump’s guy.”

Seth Pecksniff fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Apr 24, 2024

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Samovar posted:

What's that old chestnut about getting toothpaste back into the tube again?

With Marge it’s more like “putting the turds back in the rear end”.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Lmao Trump:

Real quote btw

"And I poo poo my pants on purpose because this case, that judge, and everyone in the jury is poo poo!"

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

There's no way his name is actually Jack Mehoff.

I have it on good authority that is his real name, confirmed by his good friends Heywood Jablome and Hugh Jazz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Lmao Trump:

Real quote btw

Ah got the article

Me, in the daily staff meeting