Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

I wonder how many hours of "blacks attacking whites" videos Elon fans have consumed since 2020 without ever watching all 8 minutes and 46 seconds of George Floyds murder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Business Insider posted:

Tesla is on the brink again. Sales are slowing even after the company slashed prices. The company is laying off 10% of its workforce — 14,000 workers from Shanghai to San Jose, from the factory floor to the executive suite. The company had to recall every single Cybertruck it shipped. And Tesla's position in China, a country that has become critical to its future, is getting shakier.

There's only one person to blame for the company's shambolic state and only one person whose exit could save Tesla: Elon Musk. For the past few years, Tesla has looked unstoppable, but during those high times, Musk failed to implement any strategy that would insulate the company from what has become a violent global electric-vehicle price war. The company is incinerating cash, losing market share, and holding more aging inventory than ever before.

For a publication that fellates Musk so much I'm surprised they have pivoted to pure evil.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Roblo posted:

It sadly shuffles about the lap. That's it. It's loving useless.

Robots coming for Elon's job!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Captain Hygiene posted:

Robots coming for Elon's job!

There's been online racists bots post crap for ages now, so this checks out.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Radio Paranoia posted:

For a publication that fellates Musk so much I'm surprised they have pivoted to pure evil.

gently caress that noise, when it crashes and burns he needs to still be at the helm or else all the idiots will point to its $140 drop in stock price as proof he was right instead of wrong

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Don't worry, he'll never log off

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

The founder of the company should be the one to have to sell it and hand the keys, so to speak, to Ford, Toyota, BMW or VAG

Comedy option Fiat

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

MrQwerty posted:

The founder of the company should be the one to have to sell it and hand the keys, so to speak, to Ford, Toyota, BMW or VAG

Comedy option Fiat

But Elon didn't found Tesla.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Hippocrass posted:

But Elon didn't found Tesla.

According to him and a NDA, yes he did

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

idiotsavant posted:

You know the whole stereotype about Millennials being helpless and bad at doing “real work”?? 90% of SF Bay tech bros are exactly that stereotype x 1000 brought to life

A few pages back, but https://herecomestheairplane.co was more dead-on than a lot of people realize.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Buce posted:

I don’t understand anything about this hosed up planet

Tesla is clearing a money laundering scheme by some important people.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Radio Paranoia posted:

Think how good next quarter's numbers will look if you lay off Elon and wipe that little bonus from the books!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Radio Paranoia posted:

imagine having chin fuzz sooo bad that even a black and white pic with a filter still shows how lovely it is or it being wrose than literally platonic textbook dictionary Holotype picture example of "neckbeard"

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Sentient Data posted:

gently caress that noise, when it crashes and burns he needs to still be at the helm or else all the idiots will point to its $140 drop in stock price as proof he was right instead of wrong

Yeah but then he'd be a Steve Jobs figure and decide to treat his cancer with crystals and fruit smoothies.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah but then he'd be a Steve Jobs figure and decide to treat his cancer with crystals and fruit smoothies.

that could work

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Don't promise me a good time

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

I'm confused. They can't build the cheap car until they figure out how to make it drive itself? Couldn't you just, you know, build a good cheap car that doesn't drive itself?

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Presto posted:

I'm confused. They can't build the cheap car until they figure out how to make it drive itself? Couldn't you just, you know, build a good cheap car that doesn't drive itself?

He wants it released without steering wheel or pedals as that will cut production costs.

On the investor call, he declared that Tesla AI is already near sentient, and that's why he heeds his $56 billion package—because he's the only one in the world who can be trusted to oversee a sentient AI.

So I guess the cheap car he plans to be this minimalist box with wheels that's also sentient. You get in, talk to it, ask it to take you somewhere, and then discuss the black crime statistics with it on the way to your destination.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 24, 2024

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I wanna know what he'll pull out of his rear end when we're doing this again for Q2

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

gschmidl posted:

4:42am, restate my assumptions: One, DEI is the woke mind virus. Two, everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers. Three, if you graph these numbers extremely dishonestly, patterns emerge. Therefore: There are wokes everywhere in mathematics.

*drills into own head*

I get this reference and I love you for making it

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

shyduck posted:

I wanna know what he'll pull out of his rear end when we're doing this again for Q2

He’ll bring back the guy in the robot outfit

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
e: wrong thread

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
The "covid will disappear by April 2020" guy likes to talk about infection rates of the Woke Mind Virus

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
I predict zero new cases of woke mind virus by the end of April 2024.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Butterwagon posted:

For when Elon removes the note:

lol it did get removed

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
You can't just say something is savage if it's not, come on fellas

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

holtemon posted:

You can't just say something is savage if it's not, come on fellas

On second thought let's just ban muskrats and boer stans from using the word 'savage' at all, their ideologue doesn't exactly have the best track record with that word.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Macho Man Randy Surly

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

FlamingLiberal posted:

Please, get all of his awful Twitter sycophants on that rocket so I can stop reading their dumb posts

rocket has x the everything app posting rig built in

posting rig software was barely tested and clicking edit button on a post cuts off crew from oxygen supply

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

It couldn't be that y'all voted in a racist president around that time and emboldened the basket of deplorables, has it? Nah, woke mind virus it is.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Songbearer posted:

A gamer of your talents

See:

Elon's wretched Elden Ring build, something so legendarily bad even his sycophants couldn't justify it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNLvlFb-7DQ

beating Malenia with elons terrible build,

no hit
must use every spell and item
must maintain heavy weight [autobiographical]

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Lol hell yeah, the intro got me hooked already

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Radio Paranoia posted:

quote:

For the past few years, Tesla has looked unstoppable

lol

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Macho Man Randy Surly

Elon Stan, Doge Designer.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Hey now, that's no joke. They've had to recall the CyberTruck and rivet the pedal down over it.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

So the stock has done virtually nothing today, and in fact it's down a little bit from open. That afterhours surge didn't appear to do much of anything

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Presto posted:

Lol sure but why would you?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Pretty fitting, Andre was so racist to his face that bad news Brown pulled a gun on him once

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Sentient Data posted:

steinrokkan posted:

Don't worry, he'll never log off

This is what make ironic hubris tragedies so fun to watch :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Rad Russian posted:

He wants it released without steering wheel or pedals as that will cut production costs.

On the investor call, he declared that Tesla AI is already near sentient, and that's why he heeds his $56 billion package—because he's the only one in the world who can be trusted to oversee a sentient AI.

So I guess the cheap car he plans to be this minimalist box with wheels that's also sentient. You get in, talk to it, ask it to take you somewhere, and then discuss the black crime statistics with it on the way to your destination.

Elon is at his smartest when he’s treating investors as too stupid to breathe