Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsArabia_B/status/1783214898748469360

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Responded to with a harsh letter, I'm sure

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Sancho Banana posted:

Responded to with a harsh letter, I'm sure

I don't think they'll just "strongly condemn". An invasion of Rafah will be a huge disaster. the EAF started remilitarizing Sinai months ago, and their two heavy-hitting armor divisions were/are in the process of being staged in Sinai months ago.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

lol so basically egypt will do nothing and are OK with letting israel invade rafah

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

lol so basically egypt will do nothing and are OK with letting israel invade rafah

You seem way too cynical. From my point of view, Everyone in Egypt --except for one man, Sisi -- wants war with Israel. Thus war is inevitable. Sisi will pull the trigger, or the Egyptian army officers will pull the trigger on him

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

here is the expanded interview the AP did with the Hamas Spokesperson

====

Hamas ready to reach a 5-year truce and will not hand over prisoners before the war ends

Hamas Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) leader Khalil al-Hayya said the movement was ready to agree to a 5-year or more truce with Israel.

Al-Hayya stated in statements to the Associated Press that Hamas is ready to lay dow arms and turn into a political party if an independent Palestinian state is established on the 67-year borders.

He revealed that the movement will accept a fully sovereign Palestinian state in the West Bank and Gaza Strip and the return of Palestinian refugees in accordance with international resolutions on Israel's pre-1967 border.

He pointed out that Hamas wants to join the PLO.

Al-Hayya said that all the experiences of the militants against the occupiers at independence and their access to their rights and their state turned into political parties and the fighting forces defending them turned into the national army.

Rafah attack

On Israeli threats to attack the city of Rafah, south of the Gaza Strip, the Hamas leader said the attack "will not succeed in destroying Hamas."

Al-Hayya revealed in an interview with The Associated Press that “contacts between the Hamas political leadership abroad and the military leadership in Gaza have not been interrupted by the war and that the contacts, decisions and directives are made in consultation between the two sides.”

He explained that the Israeli occupation forces "did not destroy more than 20% of Hamas' capabilities, both human or field."

Truce negotiations

On the prisoners' negotiations, Al-Hayya stressed that Hamas wants Qatar to continue its role as a mediator, revealing at the same time that there will be no intention on the movement to move its political office from the Qatari capital, Doha.

“Hamas has made concessions regarding the number of Palestinian prisoners it wants to release in exchange for the remaining Israeli hostages,” the Hayya explained, noting that “the movement does not know exactly how many detainees are still in Gaza and are still alive.”

He stressed that “Hamas will not back down from its demand for a permanent ceasefire and the complete withdrawal of Israeli forces,” and questioned the feasibility of handing over prisoners to the resistance “if we are not sure that the war is over.”

After the aggression

In the context of talking about the arrangements after the aggression on Gaza, the leader, who headed the negotiating delegation in the truce talks, stressed that Hamas "categorically rejects any non-Palestinian presence in Gaza, whether at sea or land," articing that it will treat any "military force present in these Israeli or other places as an occupying power."

Al-Hayya explained that the movement does not regret the attacks of the Battle of the Al-Aqsa Flood last October 7 despite the destruction in Gaza, noting that "the operation succeeded in achieving its goal of restoring the world's interest in the Palestinian cause," stressing in the same strength that the fighters of the Izz al-Din al-Qassam Brigades if they target "civilians in the attack."

He said Israeli attempts to eliminate Hamas “will ultimately fail” to prevent future Palestinian armed uprisings.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/2024...31610;&%231577;

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 09:04 on Apr 25, 2024

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
western media are starting to report on the mass graves at nasser and al-shifa.

i've seen a couple of articles on nz news, and the guardian has posted a video report (shows people in body bags, but no actual bodies):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTNKu7DtKsY

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

sounds like china might try to make a political effort happen

====

‎Beijing: Correct the historical injustice suffered by the Palestinian people‎
‎Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi to Al Jazeera:‎

‎The conflict in Gaza has crossed the red line of modern civilization and urgent action by the international community is required.‎
‎The historical injustice suffered by the Palestinian people must be corrected because it is a radical solution to the conflict.‎
‎We will work with the international community to mobilize efforts to implement a ceasefire and secure access to aid.‎
‎The top priority is to push for a ceasefire and prevent fighting as soon as possible.‎
‎The spillover of the conflict must be prevented from spilling over to prevent the situation in the region from spiralling out of control.‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...%B3%D8%A7%D9%85

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Shageletic posted:

Are you talking about the Stanford prison experiment? Didn't that turn out to be a fraud?

robbers cave experiment showed how to create an in-group/out-group environment

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
just dropping into say a very quick death to Israel, death to America, may justice prevail and cleanse the world of fascism, have a nice day

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

bedpan posted:

after saying the graves don't exist they are going to say hamas killed the people

Nay, in true Israeli fashion. The story ping ponged a few more times.
“They killed them selves”
“They were human shields”
“It was a Hamas rocket”
And now,
“Yeah we killed them, they were terrorists”
This is including the body of children found, as well as medical patients with casts and amputations. Totally rational and makes sense.
https://x.com/lowkey0nline/status/1783431881444258051?s=46

CheetoVonTito has issued a correction as of 11:19 on Apr 25, 2024

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Also, Clare Daly
FTW!

https://x.com/claredalymep/status/1783193293586563480?s=46

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Marc Botenga (belgian communist) was pretty good as well.
in french but I think you'll get the jist of it.
https://twitter.com/BotengaM/status/1782827279598465235

translation posted:

Madam Speaker, today, in Gaza, every day, mass graves and mass graves are discovered, a symbol of any genocide. Hundreds of bodies, sometimes in medical uniforms, sometimes apparently handcuffed, summarily executed. We see images of children shredded around a table football.

What is the European Union doing about that? There are colleagues here who have the "courage" to support Israel. Frankly, be ashamed, go home and never go out. But more importantly, what does the European Union do? It promised millions more to Israel. It did not impose an arms embargo. Yet it can, because in recent years, embargoes and military sanctions have been imposed on Belarus, the Central African Republic, China, Iran, Libya, Myanmar, North Korea, Russia, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Syria, Venezuela, Turkey, Yemen, Zimbabwe. But in Israel, no. They’re immune. Why are they immune? Because their colonial project is supported by European imperialism – it must be said, in fact – with weapons and millions. That is why the massacre of the Palestinians, which would not be possible without European complicity, continues.

double nine has issued a correction as of 11:48 on Apr 25, 2024

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Weka posted:

I have seen nothing to indicate these current protestors are ideologically opposed to liberalism.

From the perspective of someone who's actually been in and around them, the protest groups are extremely anti-liberalism and anti-capitalism. We can argue about how effective that rhetoric is, but mass media is never going to give you a clear depiction of the students' positions.

For those snickering from the peanut gallery, keep in mind that of the 20 or so schools with encampments, only 3 are ivy leagues - Cal Poly Humboldt, of the water jug boinking fame, is like the opposite of an ivy league - and even at places like Columbia the protests aren't being driven by the richest and whitest students, who broadly don't give a poo poo. Many of the organizers are themselves Palestinian.

I have no illusions that these movements will affect public policy, nor that they're as radical as something like the Black Panthers, but also, that radicalism doesn't get born overnight - you don't get something like a general strike by a mass of randos waking up in the morning and thinking "huh, a general strike sounds fun." I think it's a fine plan to build momentum in that direction via increasingly confrontational direct actions, as has now literally been achieved with the Texas professors going on strike. Doomerism about how nothing matters ever in the metropole is a thousand times more useless to any cause you claim to advance.

I'll eat a probe for this if needed, it's just been annoying the poo poo out of me.

youcallthatatwist has issued a correction as of 11:50 on Apr 25, 2024

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Weka posted:

I'm not sure but I've been kicking around an idea in my head about how countries like Italy and Germany's descent into fascism was arguably caused by a part of the creation of a unified national identity around a century after their formation, like there is some tendency in the creation of a nation from smaller national or other groups to result in fascism or similar ideologies

Toynbee said that when national formation takes place when multinational empires already exist in the area, it creates a "scrappy" minor power that sees its national destiny as war to unite the nationality under one flag. So he cites Serbia and Montenegro as obsessed with the Yugoslav project because they formed outside of Austria-Hungary, and saw their national destiny as endless war to unite their fellow slavs across the border.

Certainly Bismarck saw Prussia and the German Empire that way, via a via Austria as well, hence 1866. Piedmont saw itself that way in Italy, hence... 1866. So that would explain the Third's Reich's attitude where Sudaten Germans and Volksdeutsche were concerned. Japan, though, was the Japanese community in Korea and Manchuria created by the Empire's expansion, or did they, like the above, expand with the goal of unified control over all of the lands with a Japanese community?

youcallthatatwist posted:

From the perspective of someone who's actually been in and around them, the protest groups are extremely anti-liberalism and anti- capitalism.

The confusion is probably that liberalism and capitalism have specific meanings if someone is speaking in terms of Marxist theory versus what they mean in every day life. Someone can dislike (the current iterations of) liberalism and capitalism, which would make them "anti", but is not the same as having a coherent opposing ideology and revolutionary goals. As in the replacement of the current mode of production and political organization, not just, you know, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

Anyway, these Israelis seem kinda cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cEzV1Ce8NU

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 11:53 on Apr 25, 2024

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

From the perspective of someone who's actually been in and around them, the protest groups are extremely anti-liberalism and anti-capitalism. We can argue about how effective that rhetoric is, but mass media is never going to give you a clear depiction of the students' positions.

For those snickering from the peanut gallery, keep in mind that of the 20 or so schools with encampments, only 3 are ivy leagues - Cal Poly Humboldt, of the water jug boinking fame, is like the opposite of an ivy league - and even at places like Columbia the protests aren't being driven by the richest and whitest students, who broadly don't give a poo poo. Many of the organizers are themselves Palestinian.

I have no illusions that these movements will affect public policy, nor that they're as radical as something like the Black Panthers, but also, that radicalism doesn't get born overnight - you don't get something like a general strike by a mass of randos waking up in the morning and thinking "huh, a general strike sounds fun." I think it's a fine plan to build momentum in that direction via increasingly confrontational direct actions, as has now literally been achieved with the Texas professors going on strike. Doomerism about how nothing matters ever in the metropole is a thousand times more useless to any cause you claim to advance.

I'll eat a probe for this if needed, it's just been annoying the poo poo out of me.

good post. shan't be probing this.

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

IRG catfish game appears to be on point

https://twitter.com/IranObserver0/status/1783368689430987136

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Autisanal Cheese posted:

the people of Palestine will never be defeated

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Wait- why Hebron?
What’s the significance here?

https://x.com/me_observer_/status/1783455241536504246?s=46

https://x.com/qudsnen/status/1783454846844125415?s=46

DogGunn
Feb 2, 2009

Sounds totally legitimate.

National Parks
Apr 6, 2016
I got probed for :burger: yesterday, so I just want to commit penance by saying DTI, DTA, Free palestine.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

The significance is they are showing they can storm mosques whenever and wherever they like.

LiterallyTheWurst
Feb 5, 2015

Sendik's Original

I showed you my missile defense system plz respond

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

That’s an awesome romance transaction

Pics of miltech for virtual smooch loving

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Jon Carbuncle posted:

robbers cave experiment showed how to create an in-group/out-group environment

Looked into it seems to have been insanely manipulated: https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/apr/16/a-real-life-lord-of-the-flies-the-troubling-legacy-of-the-robbers-cave-experiment

Feels like the natural instinct of humans in any situation is to band together. Free Palestine.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

It's one of the most segregated places on earth and actually had families living underground because they're not allowed to live at street level. I guess it's because they can.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Egg Moron posted:

That’s an awesome romance transaction

Pics of miltech for virtual smooch loving

mildom

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Shageletic posted:

Looked into it seems to have been insanely manipulated: https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/apr/16/a-real-life-lord-of-the-flies-the-troubling-legacy-of-the-robbers-cave-experiment

Feels like the natural instinct of humans in any situation is to band together. Free Palestine.

yep it’s a pretty messed up experiment. I did think it was neat on how they were able to get the kids to band together during week 3.

also DTI, DTA

Palestine forever

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

excellent post, gently caress doomerism

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Jon Carbuncle posted:

yep it’s a pretty messed up experiment. I did think it was neat on how they were able to get the kids to band together during week 3.

also DTI, DTA

Palestine forever

behavioral science in the 50s-70s was some wild west mad scientist poo poo

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

sweet dave, not again!!

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

CheetoVonTito posted:

Can we all, collectively take a second to praise this king right here?!

Sporting a HAMAS shirt and passing out Palestinian flag fliers like a champ?!

https://x.com/upholdreality/status/1783294381652627571?s=46

cool

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
So the movement is growing.
So far I’ve accumulated this list of universities protesting:

US:
New York University (NYU)
Columbia
University of Rochester
University of California at Berkeley University of Southern California (USC)
California State Polytechnic University
Yale
Emerson College
Cornell
George Washington University (GWU)
Northwestern University
University of Maryland
Harvard University
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Tufts
University of Delaware
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota
Princeton
University of New Mexico
Ohio State University (OSU)
University of North Carolina (UNC) Chapel Hill
University of North Carolina (UNC) Charlotte
Temple University
University of Pittsburgh
Brown University
Vanderbilt
Florida international University
Texas A&M - College Station
University of Texas - Austin
University of Texas at Dallas
Indiana University Purdue

International:

Sorbonne University- Paris
Sciences Po- France
University of Sydney- Australia
University of Melbourne- Australia
Ankara University- Turkyè

Granted- wish some UK based schools would join.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
where can I buy official Hamas shirts?

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

CheetoVonTito posted:

So the movement is growing.
So far I’ve accumulated this list of universities protesting:

US:
New York University (NYU)
Columbia
University of Rochester
University of California at Berkeley University of Southern California (USC)
California State Polytechnic University
Yale
Emerson College
Cornell
George Washington University (GWU)
Northwestern University
University of Maryland
Harvard University
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Tufts
University of Delaware
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota
Princeton
University of New Mexico
Ohio State University (OSU)
University of North Carolina (UNC) Chapel Hill
University of North Carolina (UNC) Charlotte
Temple University
University of Pittsburgh
Brown University
Vanderbilt
Florida international University
Texas A&M - College Station
University of Texas - Austin
University of Texas at Dallas
Indiana University Purdue

International:

Sorbonne University- Paris
Sciences Po- France
University of Sydney- Australia
University of Melbourne- Australia
Ankara University- Turkyè

Granted- wish some UK based schools would join.

UPenn is starting today at the button

hypoallergenic cat breed
Dec 16, 2010

LSU and Tulane are also protesting, Tulane has the highest Jewish student population of any university besides religious universities.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 22:59 on Apr 25, 2024

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

oh neat my uni is on there

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

RadiRoot posted:

serious question but without US burger involvement this thread wouldnt loving exist right?

shut up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

RadiRoot posted:

serious question but without US burger involvement israel wouldnt loving exist right?