Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Joementum posted:

former goon Jeb Lund's journalism career got nuked and he does a podcast about hallmark channel movies now

oh and also andrew cuomo

who is Jeb Lund, did he cover MeeToo or he was a sexpest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

weinstein wasn't protected only for class reasons, but because weinstein represents an ideal of arbitrary, destructive, autocratic rule over inferiors. to really punish weinstein would be to the indict the people who want to be him, do what he did, and see his only crime if any is getting caught

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
nefarious communist plot to drain American economy:

1. develop social media platform
2. make it become the most popular website on the internet
3. America demands you sell it off
4. take the money
5. GOTO 1

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Nonsense posted:

he got posted about in a tumblr compiling women journalists and writers chatting about guys in media who acted like sex pests iirc

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Joementum posted:

oh and also andrew cuomo

is currently being reimbursed by NY taxpayers for legal expenses relating to the investigation by the state

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Nonsense posted:

@Mobute, worked for Gawker, Daily Beast, the Guardian, segments on Chris Hayes. was on the lovely media men spreadsheet for sending creepy dms.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Joementum posted:

can't even credit him with ending the afghanistan war. that was a treaty trump negotiated

trump was totally going to welch on it tho not like joe biden the man who keeps all his promises

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i remember the cuomo saga they waited till the number reached like 16 women before finally deciding to "act"

and thats ignoring his culpability in the deaths of thousands during covid

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

lumpentroll posted:

was danny masterson metoo or after

Biden turning out to be a confirmed rapist just shifted #metoo far enough to make his situation okay. So any claims by any victims can now be ignored depending on who they are accusing.

Masterson got got in 2017 because 4 women accused him during #metoo. This was when Trump was in office so this was considered a big deal and important and all victims should be believed but any prominent democrat would get a free pass for the same thing right now like Biden did when he raped Tara Reade.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
did u know in New York that if you buy and willingly consume a drink at a bar, or smoke a (legal in NY State) doob with friends, and are raped any time during which that substance could conceivably still be in your system you cannot press rape charges against your assailant?

it's true folks! death to america!

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Nichael posted:

the gently caress is this avatar
this looks like one of the images from wikihow to get invited on the epstein plane

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

is pepsi ok posted:

so is the number of people who faced lasting consequences from #metoo/#timesup literally just zero? weinstein and cosby got their charges overturned and everyone else just got "cancelled" unless i'm forgetting someone.

Mostly the big fish in small ponds, so people like Vic Mignogna. But hell in that instance it would have went differently if he didn't sue his employers over the roles he lost. The people that go silent for a few years are able to gradually make a comeback.

Srice has issued a correction as of 15:25 on Apr 25, 2024

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

metoo disappeared magically soon as rapist joe got elected just like the camps

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Jen heir rick posted:

Virgil Texas disappeared off the face of the planet. So I guess that's one.

Virgil wasn't even the first Chapo orbiter to get disappeared. That honor goes to Sam Kriss.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Jen heir rick posted:

Virgil Texas disappeared off the face of the planet. So I guess that's one.

Honestly the fact that he completely ghosted over it is the strongest evidence that the allegations were right.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Rectal Death Alert posted:

Biden turning out to be a confirmed rapist just shifted #metoo far enough to make his situation okay. So any claims by any victims can now be ignored depending on who they are accusing.

Masterson got got in 2017 because 4 women accused him during #metoo. This was when Trump was in office so this was considered a big deal and important and all victims should be believed but any prominent democrat would get a free pass for the same thing right now like Biden did when he raped Tara Reade.

Thanks, Biden defenders and everyone who wanted to sweep tara under the rug! All of you made this possible!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
It's gonna be darkly funny when they try to bring back metoo in some way or other when trump wins again

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lol

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Joementum posted:

Virgil wasn't even the first Chapo orbiter to get disappeared. That honor goes to Sam Kriss.

didn't he (e: sam kriss) post on these forums too as red ken/dead ken

World War Mammories has issued a correction as of 15:42 on Apr 25, 2024

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

usually if you want to sign your posts you can put your sig after the thing you're posting instead of before it, mcmagic

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Srice posted:

Honestly the fact that he completely ghosted over it is the strongest evidence that the allegations were right.

There is no way he made enough money to never have to work again.......... I wonder if he's working a laptop job somewhere, or driving lyft.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

mcmagic posted:

There is no way he made enough money to never have to work again.......... I wonder if he's working a laptop job somewhere, or driving lyft.

how rich are his parents

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

World War Mammories posted:

didn't he post on these forums too as red ken/dead ken

what? lmao

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Gunshow Poophole posted:

it's so cool that "we had too many women he assaulted before show up to testify" is the justification, a fuckin joke of a country, death to lawyers except for Nichael I guess. I GUESS

nah i accept death as i purely did this degree out of spite. one of my best friends said his friend went to law school, moved far right and became a prosecutor, in part due to how stressful school was. i said i very much doubt law school is hard, and he's a pussy. my friend disagreed, and then i did this to prove myself right. i always stay winning, but nonetheless accept punishment.

Joementum posted:

former goon Jeb Lund's journalism career got nuked and he does a podcast about hallmark channel movies now

oh and also andrew cuomo

he's a :jeb:????

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

bedpan posted:

what? lmao

suddenly it occurs to me that I was ambiguous, I meant sam kriss, not virgil

google does have a few results claiming he "was (or at least widely believed to be)," like this one, but gently caress if I know

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

bedpan posted:

weinstein wasn't protected only for class reasons, but because weinstein represents an ideal of arbitrary, destructive, autocratic rule over inferiors. to really punish weinstein would be to the indict the people who want to be him, do what he did, and see his only crime if any is getting caught

he's also a big :abuela: donor

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Nonsense posted:

Weinstein's convictions overturned. New York is the stupidest state in the nation going after Trump and letting Weinstein embarrass and shame his victims once again.

What the actual gently caress

What a broken loving state and country

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

AmiYumi posted:

this looks like one of the images from wikihow to get invited on the epstein plane

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

VoicesCanBe posted:

What the actual gently caress

What a broken loving state and country

say the line Bart meme purpose of a system is what it does . jpg

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

ram dass in hell posted:

say the line Bart meme purpose of a system is what it does . jpg

dsyp

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

trump was totally going to welch on it tho not like joe biden the man who keeps all his promises

It is an open secret among local Delaware bougie businesses that Biden would walk in, pick up luxury merchandise, promise to pay later, and never do it. People repeatedly fell for "the Vice President isn't really going to rip me off.... right???"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Gunshow Poophole posted:

it's so cool that "we had too many women he assaulted before show up to testify" is the justification, a fuckin joke of a country, death to lawyers except for Nichael I guess. I GUESS

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

alright now I truly believe everything Alex Jones said. I can smell the sulfur off this.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

is pepsi ok posted:

so is the number of people who faced lasting consequences from #metoo/#timesup literally just zero? weinstein and cosby got their charges overturned and everyone else just got "cancelled" unless i'm forgetting someone.

Ed Piskor, the indie comics guy famous for Hip Hop Family Tree, committed suicide after accusations (with evidence) earlier this month, but that's another big fish/small pond situation

And as always, the NYTimes with the passive voice head line and extra careful journalistic wording

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/09/arts/ed-piskor-dies-comics-hip-hop-family-tree.html

quote:

Comics Artist Dies After Sexual Misconduct Accusations
Ed Piskor, 41, was known for his detailed “Hip Hop Family Tree” and “X-Men: Grand Design.” A Pittsburgh gallery canceled an exhibition of his work after the initial allegation.

The comics artist Ed Piskor, who was best known for his multivolume “Hip Hop Family Tree,” died last week after posting a lengthy note to social media about an accusation of sexual misconduct that led a gallery in Pittsburgh to indefinitely postpone an exhibition of his work.

The death of Piskor, who lived in Munhall, Pa., was confirmed by a funeral home, but no cause was given. Many people read his note on social media — in which he repeatedly spoke of his death — as a suicide note.

Two of Piskor’s relatives declined to comment. The chief of the Munhall Police Department said Piskor died outside of Pennsylvania.

The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust, a nonprofit arts group, announced last month that it would not open the five-month exhibition as planned after a woman accused Piskor of trying to “groom” her in 2020, when she was in high school, and posted screenshots from their online conversations.

Piskor, 41, apologized for the messages in his note and said he never should have communicated with the teenager. He also addressed separate allegations from another artist, saying that they had a consensual sexual relationship.

His agent, Bob Mecoy, said the artist had defined himself by his work and was devastated by what the future had held.

Piskor had the feeling “that no matter what the circumstances were, what the truth of the situation was, his career was over, and what he had to offer would be objectionable no matter what he did,” Mecoy said.

In Piskor’s note, he expressed dismay that his exhibition had been postponed, and he criticized what he called online lynch mobs, saying they had contributed to his death.

The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust said in a statement last month that it had taken the allegation against Piskor “very seriously” and that the exhibition, which was supposed to feature original illustrations from “Hip Hop Family Tree,” would not open as planned.

In a statement after his death, the trust said: “We are deeply saddened by this tragic news. Our thoughts are with Ed’s family and friends at this difficult time.”

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

HallelujahLee posted:

and thats ignoring his culpability in the deaths of thousands during covid

in ny politics it's a plus. the person who handled the covid response lists it on their website, regularly gives speeches to it, and is currently eric adam's chief of staff.

mags
May 30, 2008

Covid still averaging over a thousand deaths a week lol

mags
May 30, 2008

thanks Joe!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

mags posted:

covid? never heard of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

mags posted:

yes but joe biden was elected and that is all that mattered. COVID had ceased to be an issue by Jan 21st 2021.