Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost

kazil posted:

Brown asking what's to stop a President from breaking every law if he's immune

Scalia asked fellow judges at the conference: “Are you going to convict President Macavity? Say that he broke every human law? Is any jury going to convict Macavity the Mystery Cat? I don’t think so.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
IMO it won't get remanded, SCOTUS doesn't want a lower court setting precedent on something like this

they may not issue their ruling in time for a pre-election trial however

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

kazil posted:

Alito sucks rear end

kazil posted:

Gorsuch sucks rear end

thank you for not posting the infuriating bits here, and maintaining our collective sanity <3

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

ManBoyChef posted:

They must be jersey mikes fans.

They DO make an awesome ham & cheese sub though

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Aramis posted:

Alito sucks sooooo hard, god drat. The stuff he's hand wringing about applies to every single citizen.

He really does suck, yeah.

:qq: "But what about when the president has to make really hard decisions?!?" :qq:

Then they'll make those decisions without immunity just like they've always done, you dumb bitch.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 25, 2024

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Civil posted:

Team Trump Is Ready to Lose the Supreme Court Immunity Case. They’re Celebrating

Trump’s lawyers don’t expect the Supreme Court to bless his absurd immunity claims. “We already pulled off the heist,” says a source close to Trump

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/trump-celebrating-supreme-court-immunity-heist-1235009838/

Yup, this has been known since he started making the argument. Why else would they have argued against Jack Smith bypassing the appeals court and bringing the immunity question directly to SCOTUS? The only reason to do that is to delay as long as possible.

Funny thing is I think Trump forgot all that and genuinely wants immunity now. He'll still be pissed when he gets slapped down even though it's all going according to plan.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Alito is pulling arguments straight from Truth social posts

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Toxic Mental posted:

Some randoms that were in the BLM crowds in my city smashed up the Jimmy John’s during a march and MAGA freaks haven’t stopped talking about it for four years as if it was Sherman burning down Atlanta

My favorite thing from this time period was the endless social media pictures of people with brooms on streets no dirtier than normal. Like our area had protests but very little damage, but I saw at least 20 posts from people here in one day.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Nessus posted:

The eggs are now $9.05 in my anecdotal experience

Look if eggs are this expensive why not just raise chickens?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh no, a president might have to face consequences for their actions, that is totally a bad thing and not at all something that works entirely as it should because if you really think something is so essential to the safety of the nation you break the law over it then you should be willing to face jail time to stand by your beliefs, and if the threat of jail time is enough to make you stop then it couldn't be that important in the first place, could it?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

pixaal posted:

Look if eggs are this expensive why not just raise chickens?
I can’t raise chickens because of Woke

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

JAMOOOL posted:

its not an L

i insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corncob

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Nessus posted:

The eggs are now $9.05 in my anecdotal experience

I was visiting these dirty hippy organic farmers and I heard their chickens cluck "Vote Trump"

actually3raccoons
Jun 5, 2013

redshirt posted:

I was visiting these dirty hippy organic farmers and I heard their chickens cluck "Vote Trump"

with tears running down their beaks

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Nessus posted:

the chickens are unionizing now

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Sotomayor is directly calling out Alito for his bullshit. More of this, please!

E: calling out that we are not tearing down the system despite the fact that innocent people sometimes get executed.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/uebey/status/1783508396898914342?s=46&t=0hs33BGIDTDY2j_qH8YRBg

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

SCOTUS

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

free hubcaps posted:

Peepee President Paid a Price to Publisher Pecker

Meeting Don at solar eclipse, squinting eye, pointing finger, WHY?

kazil posted:

Prosecution says they want 2-3 more hours with Pecker

goons within the thread, gooning without

Shishkahuben fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 25, 2024

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Criminal

Prosecution says they want 2-3 more hours with Pecker

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Aramis posted:

Sotomayor is directly calling out Alito for his bullshit. More of this, please!

In my fantasy draft for the SC I have Rep. Jamie Raskin and Jasmine Crockett on the bench to clown on some fools

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Alito is true loving scum holy poo poo

Like Thomas gets talked about a lot, Alito isn't even corrupt, he's a fascist scumbag who wants to make a Republican King for Opus Dei

RandExt
Jun 1, 2023

Shishkahuben posted:

Meeting Don at solar eclipse, squinting eye, pointing finger, WHY?

:rock::golfclap:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

SCOTUS

Criminal

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:hmbol: to everything but an extra :lol::lol::lol:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
"guys, dudes, can you stop asking questions and just do your bit, ok?"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TulliusCicero posted:

Like Thomas gets talked about a lot, Alito isn't even corrupt, he's a fascist scumbag who wants to make a Republican King for Opus Dei

yeah, i think alito and thomas vote for it but no one else probably.

bemusedchunk
May 10, 2021

Nessus posted:

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1664618238234206210

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Anders posted:

Is it a thing in the US where private persons have an accountant? I get if you're an independent contractor - but not if you are employed by someone else

I just needed one that year. 2012 was a hosed year where I needed someone to sort out my and my girlfriend's taxes because I had bought a house at the tail end of 2011 that barely showed up on that year's taxes, otherwise everything was pretty calm. 2012 saw the first full year of interest on the house, me switch jobs (and the six dependent thing pop up), my girlfriend lost her job and was on unemployment for half the year, her student loans still came due, local and state taxes being different, etc. She was also not on the deed, but was contributing to the mortgage, so I had no idea how she worked into all that. A friend of ours was certified to process tax returns through Liberty Tax and offered to do ours for free because she knew we were struggling. A couple years later her husband officiated our wedding and part of our gift to him was the $300 she saved us that year in addition to a bottle of scotch and a private session with our wedding photographer for the two of them that day. We probably owed them a bit more because after I paid the tax bill that year I was down to a couple hundred dollars and my now-wife's accounts were nearly tapped, her Student Loan returns kept her afloat until she found gainful employment. Without the help I don't know if we would have been able to navigate the tax forms through an online service AND pay the monthly fees on the place for the near year of hosed financials. Once we got on our feet we made sure everyone who helped us got theirs.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Criminal

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

My crazy stupid daughter is also named MORGONN.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Oh no, whatever will Morgonn and Aubrey do now that Woke-Fil-A is off the menu.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

TulliusCicero posted:

Wasn’t he the one that held those champagne parties with his handlers donors friends where he would leak conservative decisions early to bask in their approval? I gotta track that poo poo down because it feels like forever ago, but I still would not be surprised in the least that the Dobbs decision leaking early was because of something stupid like that.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

From Gorsuch's latest batch of questions, I think there's a real non-zero chance that the SCOTUS does establish some kind of immunity, but in a way that leaves Trump on the hook because he's just that much obviously guilty.

That would be a lol for the ages.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Criminal

SCOTUS
They are questioning the DOJ lawyer way, way more than Trumps lawyer.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

all big companies do dipshit. even big conservative leaning ones.

Aramis posted:

From Gorsuch's latest batch of questions, I think there's a real non-zero chance that the SCOTUS does establish some kind of immunity, but in a way that leaves Trump on the hook because he's just that much obviously guilty.

nah. i think its like 7 to 2 against immunity.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Aramis posted:

Especially if Biden drone strikes Trump. You all want it

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

LolTrump: You are no longer the Lord's chicken. You are actually the woke chicken

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I wish the DOJ would talk about a president having SC justices he doesn't like killed so he could replace them.

Bring that poo poo home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

YES YOU STUPID FUCKS YES HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN