Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

gotta wait for PC port :thisagain:

maybe ill be done with it by then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

rebirth is so drat good

:hai:

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

:wow:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

enjoyed your rollercoaster tycoon lp back in the day btw. I recall you turned the entirety of leafy lake into a desert

Thanks. Its painful to look back on my old jokes these days though lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I’m still in Gongaga. Game good

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Sleng Teng posted:

me?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Sleng Teng posted:

Hear that parts divisive or outright a lowpoint due to navigation but idk if thats just Goons being weird. How are you liking it?

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Control Volume posted:

Thanks. Its painful to look back on my old jokes these days though lol

looking at your new ones isn't so pleasant either

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I got the tude now posted:

looking at your new ones isn't so pleasant either

Looking at you isnt so pleasant either. On account of your ugly face. LMfao.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Dandywalken posted:

Hear that parts divisive or outright a lowpoint due to navigation but idk if thats just Goons being weird. How are you liking it?

I like moving around in it, it's far more interesting to traverse than past areas. Feels something like an overworld dungeon at times and since I'm taking my sweet time to play through it that's a good feeling to me.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I've been taking Rebirth real slow and I'm still in Junon. Been getting sidetracked by Dishonored 2 NG+ because someone told me you get both characters' powers so I am doing a high chaos full stealth play

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The train conductor in FF7 is the best NPC of all time.

He has changing dialogue each time you see him up until the plate collapses and it reveals he’s just a good dude who wants to help people.

Then you see him in all the flashbacks like when Aerith arrives on the train he’s there helping her mom when she dies.

If I remember right they also followed through on this in Remake. He better be in the rebirth flashbacks.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
may the Christian Lord guide your hand against this insipid yosposery

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

One time while we were playing OW I told him Tom Brady died in a plane crash and he believed it for a second.

Lmfao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lmao

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

gotta wait for PC port :thisagain:

the arbitrary wait for PC ports is fuckin fail as poo poo these days, especially how consoles are built now

tryna support the devs and give them my money but I guess they dont want it smh 😞

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

this. Farewell

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

rebirth did an amazing job of being FF7 like you remembered it without actually being a bar for bar remake of FF7. The characters are all fantastic. Between it and FF16, its been a good couple years of being a final fantasy fan

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
how helpful would it be to do a vanilla ff7 playthrough before picking up ff7r if you haven't played ff7 in like 15 years

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Not really necessary I think.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Coolguye posted:

how helpful would it be to do a vanilla ff7 playthrough before picking up ff7r if you haven't played ff7 in like 15 years

it FF7R works both with a recent replay of FF7 or a distant memory, it's neat

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Coolguye posted:

Minimally. Advent Children, maybe

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

vague memories makes it better imo, because it does a good job of making you go "was it like this?"

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fluffdaddy posted:

vague memories makes it better imo, because it does a good job of making you go "was it like this?"

Yeah. It’s been a while since I played the OG and there’s a lot of stuff so far that makes me go “oh yeah”

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Fluffdaddy posted:

absolutely this

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
ty i will abandon plans to replay ff7 :stoked:

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Fluffdaddy posted:

yup, this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

conversely i replayed ff7 shortly before getting Remake when it came out on PC and loved the take on everything