Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
What does this mean?

https://twitter.com/UKLFI/status/1783615633147797681

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

that they haven't actually made a ruling on if its a genocide or not yet, just that they told israel to stop doing things that are coincidentally what one would do while committing a genocide

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

It's sophistry: trying to make distinction without meaning.

She states the court found Palestine has a plausible claim to the right to be protected from genocide.

She states the court found it's plausible that they need to assert that right lest it be "irreparably harmed."

What action from one people onto another would cause their right to be protected from genocide to be "irreparably harmed?" (it's genocide)

The most charitable explanation for why she's trying to break it down this way is that she doesn't trust people's ability to distinguish between "plausible enough to prosecute" and "legally proven."

e:

Truga posted:

she's not allowed to call her employers genocidal freaks on telly, op

but this one is more plausible

Owlbear Camus has issued a correction as of 19:23 on Apr 26, 2024

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

Raskolnikov38 posted:

that they haven't actually made a ruling on if its a genocide or not yet, just that they told israel to stop doing things that are coincidentally what one would do while committing a genocide

What kind of lawyer-ball bullshit is this?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

Israel is trying to spook their dogs in cairo by telling them to pretty please pressure hamas because this time for real if they dont reach an agreement (on their terms) they'll invade rafah

===

‎Axios: Israel informed Egypt of one last chance to conclude an agreement before the invasion of Rafah‎

‎Israeli officials told their Egyptian counterparts on Friday that Israel was ready to give "one last chance" to reach an agreement with the Islamist group Hamas to release "hostages" in the Gaza Strip before proceeding with the invasion of the city of Rafah.‎

‎One official told Axios that Israel had told Egypt it was serious about its preparations for a ground military operation in Rafah.‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...B9-%D9%81%D9%8A

why do these losers keep thinking that egypt or qatar can do anything at all to pressure hamas

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Jen heir rick posted:

What kind of lawyer-ball bullshit is this?
she's not allowed to call her employers genocidal freaks on telly, op

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i’m astonished israel is still even pretending that they give a poo poo about the hostages

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn

HallelujahLee posted:

why do these losers keep thinking that egypt or qatar can do anything at all to pressure hamas

It's pure racism. They see every country around them in the same bucket as Hamas, and thus think they're all connected.

Remember how enthusiastically they were posting maps of Greater Israel in October, including large parts of Egypt and all of Qatar? Remember when whatshisname, the guy in charge of the IDF, said that's the plan and they're doing it right after they're done with Gaza? Remember how the IDF bombed and shot at Egypt a few times "accidentally"?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

It's pure racism. They see every country around them in the same bucket as Hamas, and thus think they're all connected.

Remember how enthusiastically they were posting maps of Greater Israel in October, including large parts of Egypt and all of Qatar? Remember when whatshisname, the guy in charge of the IDF, said that's the plan and they're doing it right after they're done with Gaza? Remember how the IDF bombed and shot at Egypt a few times "accidentally"?

good point

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

Part of the rationale behind saying there's "never been a Palestine" is that if there's a homogenous "Arab world", all of those borders, Lebanon, Syria, Egypt, Jordan, can be redrawn in favour of Israel, because those people can just go live someplace else.

It's an extension of Israel defining itself against the Arabs, not having a constitution that defines its borders, and this delusional claim to fictitious historical lands that can mean whatever they want it to mean.

It's loving preposterous, I mean, the historical record shows nothing like the above ever existed, the Hebrews were minor clients of either the Hittites or Egyptians, not even the most important polity within modern Israel, those would be the Phoenician cities, but, alas, a bunch of 19th century nationalists poured over the Bible and here we are.

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 19:41 on Apr 26, 2024

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

https://aje.io/84b476?update=2862193

quote:

The International Court of Justice (ICJ) says presiding Judge Nawaf Salam will read out the ruling on Nicaragua’s case against Germany at 13:00 GMT on Tuesday.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

It's not to the same degree as young earth creationists, but part of the difficulty of doing archeology in Israel is that they are absolutely delusional about the actual historical record of an independent Jewish state in the region, or any kind of ethnic or religious uniformity within one. It's really, really, hard to overstate that.

For instance, there was not, no way, no how, a state with central administration on the borders so demarcated because against the single literary source, the Bible, we have mountains of literary and material evidence, Hittite, Egyptian, Phoenician, that shows otherwise. Probably there was some minor king, David, who controlled a near-eastern type city state and its immediate agricultural hinterland, but... no the Hittites and Egyptians were not going to let some independent major, centrally administered, state set up in the middle of the region they fought over for hundreds of years.

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 19:45 on Apr 26, 2024

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of
reactionaries always insist, sincerely or not, that all of their enemies take direct orders from a singular Emperor of Evil/Chaos

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

stumblebum posted:

reactionaries always insist, sincerely or not, that all of their enemies take direct orders from a singular Emperor of Evil/Chaos

Okay, but a lot of people do take orders from the president of the United States

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Orange Devil posted:

Heavily depends on whether Basques were involved. They don't do half measures.

Spain didn't need to hire nazis for it's space program. In fact, they didn't even hire the Basques.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Maybe his driver heard children playing on the other side of the intersection.

https://twitter.com/reider/status/1783904876134535628

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

ikanreed posted:

Okay, but a lot of people do take orders from the president of the United States
yep it's called projection

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Well it's like how there wasn't a global communist conspiracy driving the conflicts of the 70's and 80's, but there was a global network of right wing people opposing local left wing movements.

Revolutionaries for the Right: Anticommunist Internationalism and Paramilitary Warfare in the Cold War

Freedom fighters. Guerrilla warriors. Soldiers of fortune. The many civil wars and rebellions against communist governments drew heavily from this cast of characters. Yet from Nicaragua to Afghanistan, Vietnam to Angola, Cuba to the Congo, the connections between these anticommunist groups have remained hazy and their coordination obscure. Yet as Kyle Burke reveals, these conflicts were the product of a rising movement that sought paramilitary action against communism worldwide. Tacking between the United States and many other countries, Burke offers an international history not only of the paramilitaries who started and waged small wars in the second half of the twentieth century but of conservatism in the Cold War era.
From the start of the Cold War, Burke shows, leading U.S. conservatives and their allies abroad dreamed of an international anticommunist revolution. They pinned their hopes to armed men, freedom fighters who could unravel communist states from within. And so they fashioned a global network of activists and state officials, guerrillas and mercenaries, ex-spies and ex-soldiers to sponsor paramilitary campaigns in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Blurring the line between state-sanctioned and vigilante violence, this armed crusade helped radicalize right-wing groups in the United States while also generating new forms of privatized warfare abroad.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
https://twitter.com/SaeedDiCaprio/status/1750152798623195473

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
I'm too lazy to draw so I started looking for something to print

https://www.palestineposterproject.org

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Cheers to whoever hit Ben Gvir’s car while he was running a red, jeers for not killing him

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Noise Complaint posted:

i genuinely hope that Itamar Ben-Gvir, perpetrator of genocide against the Palestinian people, dies from his injuries.

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

Butter Activities posted:

Cheers to whoever hit Ben Gvir’s car while he was running a red, jeers for not killing him

Would've been kinda funny if he was taken hostage

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Good.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

MadSparkle posted:

Would've been kinda funny if he was taken hostage

Very true but i can think of something a lot funnier

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israeli-minister-ben-gvir-slightly-hurt-car-accident-2024-04-26/

Unfortunately he's mostly fine.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

israeli society being what it is i would have thought they would have had to have installed those hydraulic posts which rise up to stop cars at every crossing because everyone ignored red lights for “me me me” reasons

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Orange Devil posted:

Paul Soccer didn't go far enough. What about the people who used to be in the IDF?

That would include the people who got themselves drummed out by sabotaging everything they could to get out of serving, if we're going by what someone posted earlier in the thread.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

evilmiera posted:

That would include the people who got themselves drummed out by sabotaging everything they could to get out of serving, if we're going by what someone posted earlier in the thread.

or the unintentional hero who got catfished into giving up intel on iron dome installations

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Dreylad posted:

or the unintentional hero who got catfished into giving up intel on iron dome installations

only 10 days punishment too lol

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Jel Shaker posted:

only 10 days punishment too lol

that rules. if it was a normal country you'd get put in jail forever or executed

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Dreylad posted:

that rules. if it was a normal country you'd get put in jail forever or executed

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

quote:

On November 23, 2023, Pollard posted on X (formerly Twitter) that Israel should have arrested the families of Israeli hostages taken by Hamas during the Israel–Hamas war to prevent them from interfering in Israel's war plans. In February 2024, he advocated moving the entire Arab population out of Gaza, preferably to Ireland.

lol

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Jel Shaker posted:

israeli society being what it is i would have thought they would have had to have installed those hydraulic posts which rise up to stop cars at every crossing because everyone ignored red lights for “me me me” reasons

Sounds like a losing supreme court case to me

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

lmao amazing thing, the mind

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
solidarity

https://twitter.com/NationalSJP/status/1783881528088408554

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Dreylad posted:

he advocated moving the entire Arab population out of Gaza, preferably to Ireland.

lol

The lack of self-awareness... it still shocks you.

“Even though the land could not yet absorb sixteen million, nor even eight, enough could return... to prove that the enterprise was one that blessed him that gave as well as him that took by forming for England a little loyal Jewish Ulster in a sea of potentially hostile Arabism.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Itamar Ben-Gvir, Minister of National Security of Israel, is car brained.