Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I appreciate the SaGa games, anthropologically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

diablo 1 is also good

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

it might now have the class and build flexibility but dont lie to me and say you didnt get scared when you ran into the butcher for the first time

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

then diablo 3 had the butcher and it was the lamest poo poo smh

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Darkstone was cool, it was like the sequel to Diablo 1 that Diablo 2 wasnt

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i could never return to diablo 1 after 2 because you can't run (or that's my memory from 24 years ago anyway)

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I skipped over Diablo to play Diablo 2 because I got in trouble for tying up phone line for too long trying to download a 20 megabyte shareware version.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

i could never return to diablo 1 after 2 because you can't run (or that's my memory from 24 years ago anyway)

the mod infernity lets you run in town or when no monsters are around it was fun

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Beefstew posted:

L take, which in Charlotte's speech is paradoxically a W take

Sure I'll hold that

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lmao I had totally forgotten that

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am free. The final challenge has been conquered. This time the final boss blind did literally nothing, lol.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

getting all the boys together to play crystal chronicles with our gbas and the link cables for 10 straight hours ftw

This and twelve hour Phantasy Star Online co-op sessions were the defining gaming moments of my childhood

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

thinking about the lifetime sub of hellgate london that cost 150 dollars. ...

i bought this

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

to forestall any further questions, yes i AM retarded

selec
Sep 6, 2003

was this our guy or was this a reddit guy?

https://x.com/archeohistories/status/1784384017728684320

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I'm lost, is this some kinda ai generated text dump or

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i forgive you

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
COVIDVS-XIX

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i almost preordered fallout 76 for the knapsack amd helmet and let me tell you something... i dodged a lot of bullets

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Fajita Queen posted:

I'm lost, is this some kinda ai generated text dump or

i remember, vaguely, a saga about a dude who was absolutely convinced these things were advanced roman technology for producing the perfect sling stone or something weird like that

selec
Sep 6, 2003

selec posted:

i remember, vaguely, a saga about a dude who was absolutely convinced these things were advanced roman technology for producing the perfect sling stone or something weird like that

yeah it's referenced in this thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4006712&pagenumber=1444

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

lol

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Alaois posted:

I appreciate the SaGa games, anthropologically

i actively dislike them because i started with unlimited saga and couldnt cut it

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
all you can eat saga and breadsticks

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I've been interested in trying out The Last Remnant but I've read about how its basically a SaGa game and I don't know how I feel about starting now.

Powered Armor
May 5, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

It did give us The Butcher in Heroes of the Storm though. If you're the target of his charge + stun thing you hear "Fresh Meat!" and the audio sting and then the sound of heavy footsteps as he rushes towards you. If you're an out-of-position squishy mage with no escape it's genuinely terrifying.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I played a lot of Diablo II in high school but have never really played a similar ARPG for more than a couple hours for some reason.

only ever tried the eastern sun thing with friends and the only thing i remember is my friend kept trying to give my other friend a sword or some poo poo. he was a barbarian so he took it, jumped in an inaccessible part of the map, dropped it then jumped back.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Leal posted:

I've been interested in trying out The Last Remnant but I've read about how its basically a SaGa game and I don't know how I feel about starting now.

If you want a Remnant, you should instead play Remnant 2.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Powered Armor posted:

It did give us The Butcher in Heroes of the Storm though. If you're the target of his charge + stun thing you hear "Fresh Meat!" and the audio sting and then the sound of heavy footsteps as he rushes towards you. If you're an out-of-position squishy mage with no escape it's genuinely terrifying.

Lmao getting your meat stacks early and just running people over. Loved that hitching post ult too for combos

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also Butcher in D3 may have been lame but its version of the Skeleton King was extremely cool.

He also made it to Heroes of the Storm and a playstyle was created based around constantly dying and respawning to push unstoppably until it got nerfed into the ground.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

dota : diablo 2
dota 2 : poe
lol : last epoch
hots : diablo 3

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Leal posted:

it's the worst combination of rpg mechanics i've ever seen except maybe yiik. it's a similar vein where the game actively hates you for trying to play it

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
drat now i wanna play an arpg when im done with Tales of the Abyss. i havent gotten into one in a long rear end time tho

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Radia posted:

drat now i wanna play an arpg when im done with Tales of the Abyss. i havent gotten into one in a long rear end time tho

Fails of Pee & Piss.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I haven't been able to love an ARPG since the death of Marvel Heroes

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Fails of Pee & Piss.

this is how i felt when i found out the coolest character in the game is unplayable

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Fails of Pee & Piss.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

what does this mean...