Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

spacemang_spliff posted:

if housing affordability is a key issue then what are the democrat party doing about it lol

between skyrocketing inflation, huge interest rates and the explosion of housing costs, there is no way I'd be able to afford to buy the home I'm in right now if I had to buy it today. The estimated value of my house is twice what I bought it for in 2016. My mortgage would literally be twice what it is now. The democrats aren't doing anything about that lol

And like I dont have an amazing house. it's a 2 bed 1 bath ranch built in 1950 lol poo poo I probably couldn't even afford to rent it

dont you understand it would be worse if trump is elected again!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

err posted:

dems should do something other than running a 90 year old raper genocider

But then they'd lose the (singular) James Carville vote.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

SixteenShells posted:

it's probably my own burger-poisoned brain but the idea of doing all that poo poo to restore a monarchy is loving wild to me.

Monarchists literally think it's God's will that this specific inbred lord fauntleroy rule the country.

It's why support for monarchy plummets when the king or emperor does something mindblowingly stupid and disastrous like get involved in World War 1 and lose. Because that pretty well disproves the whole "God favors this family and blesses the nation" thing. The ones who go through all that and still believe it either benefit from it or are just unfathomably stupid.

Anyway, I always liked the Chinese resolution of the problem of a monarch being blessed by God but clearly leading the country to ruin. Ah his family has lost the Mandate of Heaven due to their sins and failings, whoever wins the civil war must be the ones the gods picked to succeed him.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Tom Tucker posted:

So it's 2 did Columbia call in the brownshirts?

They're hanging around outside, but their current problem is that just inside, there is solidarity

https://twitter.com/probablyreadit/status/1785010511014445226

I'm not sure even the NYPD is willing to make things that spicy

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

They're hanging around outside, but their current problem is that just inside, there is solidarity

Hell yeah missed deadline for consequences will be one of the best things to take protests up a notch

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

“We want to show a shift from the 2020 election to 2024. That they are not only losing the presidency, but they are losing the constituency,” Salah told me. Nearby, a man named Mohamed looked visibly distressed as he exited the mosque. “I’m ashamed to be American today,” he said, holding back his tears at the latest news out of Gaza, in which everyone I spoke to said the United States was complicit. Mohamed said he cast his ballot for Trump in the primary and would again in the general.

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

If you want to send a clear message to both parties and any future presidents, and that message is that a pro genocide policy will be punished at the polls there is only one candidate you can vote for.

It's simple math. If you don't vote Biden loses 1 vote. If you vote for Trump then Biden loses 1 vote and his opponent gains 1 vote making it basically a 2 vote net change for the Biden campaign.

If you choose to not vote for Trump you are more or less implying that you are OK with genocide.

It's a sad fact but with their disgraceful conduct the Democrats have forced millions of Americans with a conscience to vote for Donald Trump this election.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Today I learned that the Harvard protestors named their group "Harvard Out of Occupied Palestine" or HOOP

They HAVE to have seen Arrested Development right?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/umichvoter/status/1784561838048579806

81% includes a bunch of Zionists too. It's funny how both sides of the genocide both agree on hating Joe Brandon.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Nichael posted:

they are also not allowing people who they suspect will protest, which is basically people with muslim sounding names lmaooooooooo

I'd reckon they've also got some program that scours their social media for the bad buzzwords like "genocide"

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

Why beating up teachers is what these dudes jack off too.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/umichvoter/status/1784561838048579806

81% includes a bunch of Zionists too. It's funny how both sides of the genocide both agree on hating Joe Brandon.

gotta hand it to him for making both sides hate him equally

that means he wins

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

RandomBlue posted:

gotta hand it to him for making both sides hate him equally

that means he wins

liberals love a politician that makes everyone mad, that means they’re willing to make tough compromises

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

I'd reckon they've also got some program that scours their social media for the bad buzzwords like "genocide"

its just a long con to own princeton

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

the hot new phrase on DU for the protestors is "watermelon isis." Sure, go with that & see how it works out, you freaks.

also they have some hilarious threads going on how MAGATS are gonna lead the protests at the DNC in august.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

inferis posted:

liberals love a politician that makes everyone mad, that means they’re willing to make tough compromises

if everybody's mad then you must be doing something right

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

comedyblissoption posted:

“We want to show a shift from the 2020 election to 2024. That they are not only losing the presidency, but they are losing the constituency,” Salah told me. Nearby, a man named Mohamed looked visibly distressed as he exited the mosque. “I’m ashamed to be American today,” he said, holding back his tears at the latest news out of Gaza, in which everyone I spoke to said the United States was complicit. Mohamed said he cast his ballot for Trump in the primary and would again in the general.

Well done Biden! You killed the Democrat party and for that you are the greatest President.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Nichael posted:

Well done Biden! You killed the Democrat party and for that you are the greatest President.

Biden's actions in ensuring there can be no 2024 Biden Administration make him the actual 2020 harm reduction candidate

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

:pedo:

Jerry Seinfeld hit some right-wing favorite talking points over the weekend with his comments that political correctness from the “extreme left” is “policing” modern sitcoms and has led to their demise.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jerry-seinfeld-draws-right-wing-praise-for-comments-on-extreme-left

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Uncle Wemus posted:

:sickos: die mad james

mald james

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

docbeard posted:

Biden's actions in ensuring there can be no 2024 Biden Administration make him the actual 2020 harm reduction candidate

I endorse Joe Biden and will be voting for whatever third party or write-in of a friend as a vote against Trump and for Biden.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

mcmagic posted:

everyone hates joe!
https://twitter.com/TheEvanCarroll/status/1784621979741397002

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I'm glad that Delaware got to be on the national stage and everyone immediately hated it as I predicted. Joe Biden stays winning!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I'm no expert like Ducklo or ACA Hot Chocolate Pajama Boy but I am pretty sure Biden needs a majority or a plurality of people to like him to win.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

Jerry Seinfeld hit some right-wing favorite talking points over the weekend with his comments that political correctness from the “extreme left” is “policing” modern sitcoms and has led to their demise.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jerry-seinfeld-draws-right-wing-praise-for-comments-on-extreme-left

Surely its that and the majority of modern sitcoms are the same loving unfunny poo poo.

Though them first 3 seasons of Community were great, and copaganda or not Brooklyn 99 was loving hilarious from jump

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

I posed the obvious question, asking if she thought Trump would be better. “What’s worse than genocide?” she retorted. “Maybe if the Democrats lose this election, they’ll learn their lesson. I’m happy to take several steps back if that’s what it takes to take a step forward.” When I argued, I got thousand-yard stares.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Nichael posted:

I'm no expert like Ducklo or ACA Hot Chocolate Pajama Boy but I am pretty sure Biden needs a majority or a plurality of people to like him to win.

Not if the CIA supports you

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Furrowing my brow, thinking as hard as I can of a way to make protesting genocide uncool: "It's just like having sex! Every time you go to the protest you're pretty much getting laid."

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lmao at the gop/trump voter opposition.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

Hell yeah

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

comedyblissoption posted:

I posed the obvious question, asking if she thought Trump would be better. “What’s worse than genocide?” she retorted. “Maybe if the Democrats lose this election, they’ll learn their lesson. I’m happy to take several steps back if that’s what it takes to take a step forward.” When I argued, I got thousand-yard stares.

It owns how simply saying "I will not vote for a person who is enabling a genocide" causes journalists, lanyard fuckers etc. to start sparking from the ears like fembots

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Nitevision posted:

It owns how simply saying "I will not vote for a person who is enabling a genocide" causes journalists, lanyard fuckers etc. to start sparking from the ears like fembots

They are so used to triangulation and reflexive defense of the status quo that clear, simple demands on moral grounds leave them flummoxed.

Liberals only understand morality in terms of how it can be wielded to protect and reinforce capitalism and imperialism.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1784993170566021398

More Zionists getting mad that they can't pick fights with protestors.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
they gon be up in your life for the rest of your frakin life. they gon be up in your guts like a bad gumbo

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

My friend said that Hamas was vindicated for October 7th. I said that was horrible and wrongheaded.

Hamas wasn't vindicated for October 7th. They were always clearly correct.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

VitalSigns posted:

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1784993170566021398

More Zionists getting mad that they can't pick fights with protestors.

Oh no, I'm sure they're missing out on an intellectual titan....

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Dems are losing the sinophobic liberal guy

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Is he a caricature granted life

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

err posted:

"this conflict i was in support of until last week has now clearly gone too far. we need to go all in on this other conflict instead."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

err posted:

liberal opposition coalescing behind "we can't fight the real enemy, CHINA, while we are distracted by Israel/Palestine"