Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Sagebrush posted:

The two official options we've got this year are "as much genocide as possible" and "a little less genocide than that, but still a huge amount of genocide."

Fun game: try to figure out which of these is Biden and which is Trump!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life
I need to speak the language of my generation:
So the election is like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the arcade game (not the NES version the real one). You're fighting loving the GOP and Mitch McConnel is Shredder and you finally beat him but now you're on Krang who showed up from some TV dimension and just loving took over the foot clan just like Trump did to the GOP.

We got all four players playing and we're running out of quarters and Krang is flashing red like nonstop and your bitch rear end is going to play skeeball because they have knock off tickle me elmos.

Dude you're too loving old for tickle me elmo thats why you didn't get one and the ones they sell are called "crazy red guy" it's bullshit but you want a loving tickle me elmo and won't listen to reason.

loving krang dude we've spent like $20 on tokens you shithead. I can't believe my mom paid for free pizza and you ate it all and do this.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
If I were an IK I would put you on probation for that post.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Internet Old One posted:

So the election is like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the arcade game (not the NES version the real one). You're fighting loving the GOP and Mitch McConnel is Shredder and you finally beat him but now you're on Krang who showed up from some TV dimension and just loving took over the foot clan just like Trump did to the GOP.

We got all four players playing and we're running out of quarters and Krang is flashing red like nonstop and your bitch rear end is going to play skeeball because they have knock off tickle me elmos.

Dude you're too loving old for tickle me elmo thats why you didn't get one and the ones they sell are called "crazy red guy" it's bullshit but you want a loving tickle me elmo and won't listen to reason.

loving krang dude we've spent like $20 on tokens you shithead. I can't believe my mom paid for free pizza and you ate it all and do this.

Source you are quotes

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Internet Old One posted:

you have a carbon monoxide leak in your house.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Internet Old One posted:

(slaps knees) well, that's whatever the hell you're talking about for ya

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Sagebrush posted:

And if I were you I'd have helped my friends defeat krang.

ADINSX posted:

Source you are quotes
PUTT-PUTT91

Internet Old One fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 29, 2024

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Oh it wasn’t a quote lol

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Sagebrush posted:

unfortunately you're just an I

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

It is 85.6F in my office in late April

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Internet Old One posted:

Please grow up

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Internet Old One posted:

ehh more like the election is like an election where you have two choices that will gently caress you, the country and the planet over in subtly different ways. not whatever this poo poo is

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Beeftweeter posted:

ehh more like the election is like an election where you have two choices that will gently caress you, the country and the planet over in subtly different ways. not whatever this poo poo is

Welp ok I'll take my probe whenever the mods come by. I can't always be cumprinter level funny.

I don't think there will be much difference how they gently caress us over though. The democrats make concessions with ghouls in order to execute their agenda.

The Republicans are the ghouls.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Internet Old One posted:

Welp ok I'll take my probe whenever the mods come by. I can't always be cumprinter level funny.

I don't think there will be much difference how they gently caress us over though. The democrats make concessions with ghouls in order to execute their agenda.

The Republicans are the ghouls.

neither have enough of a majority to implement an agenda, at least through congress. funding bills for overseas aid are about all we're going to get either way, despite our crumbling infrastructure, soaring healthcare costs and increasingly dire levels of inequality domestically, unless it's to break up chinese-owned companies or something similar

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Apr 29, 2024

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Beeftweeter posted:

neither have enough of a majority to implement an agenda, at least through congress. funding bills for overseas aid are about all we're going to get either way, despite our crumbling infrastructure, soaring healthcare costs and increasingly dire levels of inequality domestically, unless it's to break up chinese-owned companies or something similar

I think it's possible we'll get protections for abortion. We might continue to fund and supply Ukraine.

Internet Old One fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Apr 29, 2024

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Donald Trump got where he got because he is the platonic ideal of an American, the McKwisatz Haderach that this country has been working hard towards producing for centuries. He is as American as they come.

a perfectly spherical candidate

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

EBB posted:

a perfectly spherical candidate

lol

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

well-read undead posted:

unfortunately you're just an I

is IK the king of the idiots, or just an idiot who is king?

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

asking the big questions

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

is IK the king of the idiots, or just an idiot who is king?

Both, op

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
you don't have to think of voting as a general moral endorsement

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

raminasi posted:

actually, you will bear sole responsibility for all outcomes if your chosen candidate wins, so tread carefully!!!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

im about to hit 82 and still have 1h 40m of sun to go sigh

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

raminasi posted:

sure, but you're also allowed to have minimum standards

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

raminasi posted:

There's an argument for making use of a scoundrel if that scoundrel can help further your ends. Neither of the scoundrels we're being asked to choose from seem to be capable of doing that.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Internet Old One posted:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol weren't people analogizing what kristi noem did (shot her family dog to death) to old yeller?

quote:

Every dog has its day—and Cricket’s appears to be nigh.

News that South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R) shot and killed a 14-month-old wirehaired pointer two decades ago after determining it was “less than worthless” as a bird hunter has been met with near-universal condemnation and outrage, with some of the loudest voices being those of professional animal handlers, including rescues and kennels that specialize in the breed.

it was loving 14 months old

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

hey that's convenient

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Internet Old One posted:

I think it's possible we'll get protections for abortion. We might continue to fund and supply Ukraine.

it's pretty unlikely that abortion protections would pass the senate as it is today, i suppose it could shift a bit after november but probably not enough. we will continue to fund and supply ukraine whether congress says we can or not, the cia will see to it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

raminasi posted:

i don't want either of them to win. but even assuming i did vote for joe biden, thanks to the electoral college my vote would literally be worthless anyway, so why debase myself?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

had to put in the window ac today in central pa yeah lol

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1782400479743324603

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

it's pretty unlikely that abortion protections would pass the senate as it is today, i suppose it could shift a bit after november but probably not enough. we will continue to fund and supply ukraine whether congress says we can or not, the cia will see to it

remember when dems had a supermajority and a president who said he'd have roe v wade codified as law and then when it came time to do that they just didn't, lol

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Beeftweeter posted:

lol weren't people analogizing what kristi noem did (shot her family dog to death) to old yeller?

it was loving 14 months old

These people should be euthanized. This poo poo makes me so mad

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lets not get any secret service action eh

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
People deserve better. Animals deserve better. The entire loving earth deserves better than what these loving shithead monsters are giving us

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Jonny 290 posted:

lets not get any secret service action eh

I only make credible, actionable threats against government officials from my own country, tyvm

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Beeftweeter posted:

i don't want either of them to win. but even assuming i did vote for joe biden, thanks to the electoral college my vote would literally be worthless anyway, so why debase myself?

this is what i'm talking about. assigning the kind of moral weight to a presidential election vote that makes it possible for it to be "debasing" is not at all universal and imo kind of weird.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

I only make credible, actionable threats against government officials from my own country, tyvm

hell yeah brother

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

raminasi posted:

this is what i'm talking about. assigning the kind of moral weight to a presidential election vote that makes it possible for it to be "debasing" is not at all universal and imo kind of weird.

would you not feel debased if you were pressured into voting for someone you think is a terrible candidate while knowing that it would make zero difference to the result?

people are trying to make it sound like the only moral thing to do is vote for joe biden, when the reality is that many of us live in states that are virtually certain to have all of their electoral votes go to biden. the others are in states that are virtually certain to have them allocated to trump. in either, voting for biden is absolutely pointless if you don't like the guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

PokeJoe posted:

I remember it better than Roosevelt does

you don't remember poo poo. get him outta here.