Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

This guy is such a loving rear end in a top hat

Just walk around any city and you will see so many desperate and struggling people. gently caress you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Nah, he and Trump have always been for LEGAL (white/asian) immigration, and against ILLEGAL (brown, especially Mexican) immigration

Soylent Majority
Jul 13, 2020

Dune 2: Chicks At The Same Time

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Down a leg but still going strong!

just throwing this out - anyone with a front amputee dog I’d recommend getting a cart for them, I wish I’d gotten one for mine right away as the hopping does wear down the joints quite a bit faster. bit of a pain to get sized/fitted but the difference between going 3 blocks or 3 miles on a walk.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

sleep with the vicious posted:

This guy is such a loving rear end in a top hat

Just walk around any city and you will see so many desperate and struggling people. gently caress you!

that's not related to inflation lol, there was plenty of that in 2017 when inflation was low

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea
i know we rag pretty hard on online advertising here, but sometimes i don't think we give them enough for how well they manage to continually make things even stupider for everyone involved

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1784599450935029920

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
targetted advertising always seemed stupid because the criteria that every advertiser wants would simply just be be white (have lots of disposal money), buys new cars, and gullible

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

github is releasing some new copilot poo poo that will lose them (and microsoft by proxy) even more money

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Xaris posted:

targetted advertising always seemed stupid because the criteria that every advertiser wants would simply just be be white (have lots of disposal money), buys new cars, and gullible

actually advertising to people who have money is a fool's errand. if they have money, that means they save it. you wanna go after people with no money, because that means they spent all the money that they had (on products).

caelxii
Jun 20, 2003

Beached Whale posted:

i know we rag pretty hard on online advertising here, but sometimes i don't think we give them enough for how well they manage to continually make things even stupider for everyone involved

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1784599450935029920

Wow, yet another Facebook pivot to a new technology that fudges numbers and bilks advertisers out of hundreds of millions? Color me surprised.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Shipon posted:

that's not related to inflation lol, there was plenty of that in 2017 when inflation was low

Oh ok, never mind then, years of additional inflation and losing wages and unemployment and a viral pandemic haven't made anything worse, thanks for letting me know things also used to be bad

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they blame price gouging on the environment for lots of stuff. the environment is a poo poo show but they are also just price gouging. like 3 companies control earths potatoe crop

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

did we all forget eggs ??? that was supposed to be the environment but it was just simple gouging

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Mr Hootington posted:

https://twitter.com/IsabellaMWeber/status/1784939215265951769?t=DCvC7T_yvrHOBvyIZ0EGOw&s=19

Inflation numbers out of Europe are kind of weird. They all sorta stayed the same with a slight tick down in the harmonized, but a bunch of countries saw food inflation pick up.

Almost all economic activity and GDP takes place indoors, I wouldn't worry about it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

govs used to stop companies from setting prices like this but we don’t have govs anymore so I guess this is what happens

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

After the revolution, Paul Krugman should 100% be put to death as a quisling and enemy of the people. What a disgusting little goblin.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/25/movies/humane-review.html

"Just after widespread ecological collapse, every country on earth has shut its borders and has committed to reducing its population within one year.

In Canada, the target reduction is 20 percent, and to coax people into joining the effort, the government’s Department of Citizen Strategy has come up with language as euphemistic as its name. People who agree to be euthanized are “enlisting” in the “war.” Posters declare that “Enlistment = Opportunity,” because the families of those who enlist receive a substantial payout, enabling higher education or homeownership.

But people haven’t been enlisting fast enough to reach the threshold. On TV news, some are beginning to discuss “conscription.”"

lol if you think this aint happening in the next few decades. liberals and fascists agree: the best way to save ourselves is to kill all of the undesirables!! if you pull the trigger voluntarily we'll pay for college for your kids (just kidding its a tax credit). stop being such a burden!! *flies off in taylor swift's jet*

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I know its a movie review but I believe its something they'll do.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Biplane posted:

After the revolution, Paul Krugman should 100% be put to death as a quisling and enemy of the people. What a disgusting little goblin.

didn’t he win a Nobel prize for championing offshoring

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

euphronius posted:

they blame price gouging on the environment for lots of stuff. the environment is a poo poo show but they are also just price gouging. like 3 companies control earths potatoe crop

No, not at all. According to the posters, potatoes hate damp soils.

Just let forget that Ireland is infamous for having tons of rain and damp soil. Guess that's why they had that potato famine, it could never thrive in those soils.

NeonPunk has issued a correction as of 20:50 on Apr 29, 2024

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Shipon posted:

it's also because Israelis are a uniquely disgusting culture yet their sympathizers are loving everywhere in the us media, and actually seeing them say things revolts people enough to go "hey wait it's actually hosed up what they're doing to Palestine"

remember, it's not legal to boycott israel in most of the country and hold state employment. a blatant violation of the first amendment but curiously the Supreme Court doesn't care about this

Signing loyalty oaths to a country that neither party lives in, is a citizen of, or is involved in the transaction, is a very normal and healthy thing in a society.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Biplane posted:

thats basically his job

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

euphronius posted:

govs used to stop companies from setting prices like this but we don’t have govs anymore so I guess this is what happens

The government exists as middle managers for capital and it’s doing the only thing middle managers can do: punish workers and lie on reports.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Bar Crow posted:

The government exists as middle managers for capital and it’s doing the only thing middle managers can do: punish workers and lie on reports.

“The executive of the modern state is but a committee for managing the common affairs of the whole bourgeoisie.”

- Some German guy

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

caelxii posted:

Wow, yet another Facebook pivot to a new technology that fudges numbers and bilks advertisers out of hundreds of millions? Color me surprised.

if we weren't making enough money when the internet already consists of 99.9% ads and tracking then 99.99% ought to do it

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

NeonPunk posted:

No, not at all. According to the posters, potatoes hate damp soils.

Just let forget that Ireland is infamous for having tons of rain and damp soil. Guess that's why they had that potato famine, it could never thrive in those soils.

I’ve been seeing constant stories like this for months and it’s a more regular thing over the years. I’ve seen tracked harvesters stuck in mud near me like tanks in the Somme (breadbasket of the UK) and this is a part of the country that is usually so dry, my garden develops cracks.

We went from a summer in 2022 so hot it killed off a large chunk of the local wheat to drought, to a winter and spring now that has broken all kinds of precipitation and temperature swing records.

You better believe, even if capital was removed from the equation, we’d be in trouble. They’re just making the most of getting their percentage.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

I’ve seen tracked harvesters stuck in mud near me like tanks in the Somme

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain...

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

skooma512 posted:

“The executive of the modern state is but a committee for managing the common affairs of the whole bourgeoisie.”

- Some German guy

thread ik positively quoting hitler? i'll make the sad thread

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

is that good?

https://twitter.com/annaknicolaou/status/1785047941784199660

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

yes

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

It means Skydance is taking over and the (former) CEO is getting a golden parachute.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

lol

Superb.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

number

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

holy poo poo

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

What is the highest number?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

What is the highest number?

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

No, that’s too high.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

lol that owns

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

stock up half a point after hours

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Honestly? This

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Re: megacorp Veterinary

My wife worked for one of those Mars subsidiaries when we met, and a few years later she got promoted from a vet assistant to clinic manager

It only took about 9 months juggling the roles of basically managing a retail and medical business simultaneously (endless pressure from above to do whatever it takes to pump those numbers on selling healthcare "plans", while the medicine side is the supposed top priority) to completely derail her into having to quit and go find work in another field

She's friends with a veterinarian who loathes her career at this point but there's no changing course with that much debt sunk into getting there

It's a dog poo poo field to work in, and the private practices aren't any better, assistants and techs are even more horribly underpaid than the corporate gigs, some of the veterinarians who are double dipping as small business tyrants and numbed to the job stresses are probably doing alright

e; the same location in question recently had a ~3 year old dog die while under anesthesia because they were shorthanded that day and had a receptionist monitoring during routine dental work

again, the medical side is the top priority of course, but if you're in charge don't think too much about that when you're cutting hours or avoiding overtime like any other retail business

The337th has issued a correction as of 23:39 on Apr 29, 2024