Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Bad Video Games posted:

DoT is useless here, unless you're doing Acheron things. Kafka isn't good for popping DoTs. She is good for being yet another follow-up and hitting weakness.

Did you try Ratio, Kafka, Aventurine, and Clara on the same team?

yes (well, kakfa swapped out for sparkle), and I could only hit like 13k, it was miserable

i was using the energy buff tho, that may have been it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Yeah, try the 3 follow-up buff. It's a world of difference for the single target crew. Also, keep Kafka in. Sparkle is kinda mostly useless if you're struggling.

The energy one is good for Himeko and Herta, I think? I used the 3 follow-up for both.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

These are the teams I used, though everyone has max gold relics and decent trace investment. March is supposed to be better on the first half, but Gallagher at least enabled Himeko.

Also, I tried DoT team on stage 3 and missed the 60k by literally 700 points. I imagine raw damage without Acheron is just bad here.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 29, 2024

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I think the biggest problem people run into with Pure Fiction is synergy. You rarely need a team that works together and enables each other like MoC. You just need the majority of your team to interact with the gimmick, whether that's follow-ups or debuffs or whatever. The pure damage ones like the last one are the worst.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I have made marginal upgrades to a few of my characters, mostly support, thanks to relic shuffling. I still want to get some good physical stuff for Clara/Argenti but I feel like I can get better diving pieces. I think I am lying to myself.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
Ratio/Clara/Aventurine/Sparkle improved side two by ~10k. If I had been able to get 40k on side 1 again, that'd be 70k total. Decent enough.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

librarerun posted:

Ratio/Clara/Aventurine/Sparkle improved side two by ~10k. If I had been able to get 40k on side 1 again, that'd be 70k total. Decent enough.

:respek:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah this pure fiction seems really easy and i didnt even use the ipc crew. i think people are just not playing the units they have

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I have Clara at 80, I really should finish her traces up.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Tip for PF that might help some people: You don't need a sustain on the team. Unlike MoC, PF won't count deaths against you when getting stars, so your whole team could wipe as long as you hit the points threshold.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Yeah if I had to redo my 80k it would probably be

Herta Himeko March Ruan Mei
Topaz Clara Aventurine Ratio

All of them on 3 FUA trigger blessing

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

qbert posted:

Tip for PF that might help some people: You don't need a sustain on the team. Unlike MoC, PF won't count deaths against you when getting stars, so your whole team could wipe as long as you hit the points threshold.

You can in fact have the entire team die and it will still count.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Oh jeez I’ve been resetting and wondering how people did it with no sustains when dying all over the place

:doh:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

If you have Aventurine, you should be using him here. It's a good idea.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Well if you die too early you probably won't make enough points but if you die near the end it's not so bad.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Genovera posted:

By default, the total damage you do with FUA is counted up, and when it's built up enough, AoE damage is triggered. But, if you take the first buff option, the AoE damage is triggered every time you do three FUA. So that's really good for Topaz, because her basic/skill counts as one FUA and Numby provides another.

Even though my FUA team is single target, they can trigger the effect so many times that it kills all the adds anyway.

Thanks for explaining. I put that buff on my team with Topaz and Herta and it sped things up so much that I got 60k.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
70k! and I could get 80k if I did a proper relic shuffle and traced Clara but eh, good enough. My FUA team is my most built and Topaz/Clara/Herta/Ruan Mei pretty easily carried 1 while Aventurine/Ratio/Kafka/Tingyun did 2. My e6 March 7th wasn’t working great because I built her for freeze and she was locking down every wave, no attacking = no counters. and I should have swapped Tingyun for Sparkle or Asta or Bronya for more turns but eh.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oATmNThuxWk

Honkai Star Rail movie when?

Also I completely forgotten about this concert, which is weird because sometimes it feels like this really great set of albums also comes with a game?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Jet Jaguar posted:

Honkai Star Rail movie when?

You're probably not serious, but making a sub 2 minute trailer is extremely different from keeping up that quality for an entire movie. Not to mention the different sort of skills necessary to make a musical montage versus a full narrative.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

i'm confident they have the money and skills, if not, just outsource it to UFOtable

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Mobage anime is sort of cursed even within the genre of video game adaptation anime.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I would not be surprised if Chinese animation studios were jumpstarted by mihoyo through HI3 much like how they basically forced the CN voice acting industry to become a real thing.

e: nevermind it looks like they just partnered closely with Japanese studios to do their animated stuff, not sure about nowadays

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GateOfD posted:

i'm confident they have the money and skills, if not, just outsource it to UFOtable

just like the genshin anime ufotable is definitely making

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I mean, they definitely have the money to outsource an anime, but it probably won't be made by the people who made that trailer, that's all I'm saying.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they should outsource it to one of the good cg studios because thatd be funny

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I don't think Mihoyo expected ufotable to take this long on Demon Slayer, especially since everyone expects the last arc to be multiple movies, which will take even longer.

and then the type moon movies.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Used the Proper team for PF and team IPC cleans out bottom half easy. First half needed a few tries because Gallagher's ult has a lot of lines of play that can speed up a run or completely bungle it.

I tried March on first half and she was just too slow at anything it felt like and I wanted more fire break.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I'm pretty sure miHoYo wants to make local animated movies without the need of outsourcing to Japanese studios for both Honkai and Genshin, as part of a government initiative to turn Shanghai into a movie city. It was bigish news a few weeks ago.

https://twitter.com/windvally_quark/status/1778635122079842615

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Day 5 of triple drops. I'm stuck at 1 speed boot from the Diver set with a crit rate substat. I did get Watchmaker speed boots with double crit! If only they had break effect too, but you can't have everything.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

everyone wants a movie and I'm just sitting here like "give us these skins plz"

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Make a movie featuring a skin and then don't give us that skin, imo.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Gonna get that March 7th skin any day now.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I crafted up 32 pairs of boots and 0 were SPD. I like this game?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Use your "make speed boots" item they give you, imo.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Clarste posted:

Use your "make speed boots" item they give you, imo.

It's a "make Speed boots or Energy Regen rope" item. That's it, that's all it should be used for.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

i'll cop to using some to make specific element orbs and crit chests

the relic mines have NOT been kind to me

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Throughout this entire triple relic drop I've gotten maybe one piece that's worth leveling. Just one. I used up all my luck gearing out Acheron I guess.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Excelzior posted:

i'll cop to using some to make specific element orbs and crit chests

the relic mines have NOT been kind to me

That’s totally fine. I would actually use resin to make orbs over speed boots, because although speed boots are a few percentage points less likely to drop compared to a specific orb, the amount of time it takes to go through SU to buy orbs makes them infinitely more annoying and longer to farm.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eimi posted:

Throughout this entire triple relic drop I've gotten maybe one piece that's worth leveling. Just one. I used up all my luck gearing out Acheron I guess.

I really shouldn't complain too much. I've managed to replace everything on Ratio except his boots, and I have a few usable pieces I can deal with. I can give him Diver's boots right now, which lower his crit damage but increase his crit rate. And the damage difference will even out because of the set effect. Might be smarter anyway. I also got several promising pieces for Boothill, Harmblazer, and Aventurine. I don't necessarily want Aventurine in the Diver set, but I want to be able to gear March or Gepard at any time, and I can't right now.

I will only use resin these days for orbs and ropes. I can't wait for the new SU mode because I'm sick of how much effort it takes to farm for absolute poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I took all y'all's luck sorry