Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

redreader posted:

Helldivers 2 is better than DRG.

let's not say things we can't take back

HD2 is tons of fun but it's also an ongoing technical clusterfuck in a way that DRG has never been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've never played DRG but it's probably true that Helldivers is better than it

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Helldivers 2 is not better than EDF.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

exquisite tea posted:

Hasn't that game been remade and rereleased a thousand times already? Where is the Brave Fencer Musashi remake the true gamers crave.

Been saying this

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
As long as they keep the famous FFT line "twas not I doth haveth wrongethed thy thou, but verily maychance thine selveths or thine birthrighteths forsooth"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CubeTheory posted:

Helldivers 2 is not better than EDF.
its better than edf iron rain

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

redreader posted:

Helldivers 2 is better than DRG.

is it really?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Saint Freak posted:

As long as they keep the famous FFT line "twas not I doth haveth wrongethed thy thou, but verily maychance thine selveths or thine birthrighteths forsooth"

They should do an educational edition that localises to entirely 14th century language.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
A Square that makes Valkyrie Elysium, Babylon's Fall, Various Daylife, and Foamstars is a better and more interesting Square. Keep making weird games, dammit.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Paying2Lurk posted:

A Square that makes Valkyrie Elysium, Babylon's Fall, Various Daylife, and Foamstars is a better and more interesting Square. Keep making weird games, dammit.

It would have just been nice if Square didn't shut down Babylon's Fall. It was actually starting to turn into a good game before it closed. At a minimum Square needs to stay away from live service.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I said come in! posted:

It would have just been nice if Square didn't shut down Babylon's Fall. It was actually starting to turn into a good game before it closed. At a minimum Square needs to stay away from live service.

Unfortunately when a game has like sub-1000 players it probably doesn't matter how good it was getting.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Honestly, I think it's less like the Valkyrie Elysiums that got canned and more the Forspokens. That's something they do now.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I would have said the same thing except I thought they closed the Forspoken studio a while ago

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

cumpantry posted:

is it really?

I loved helldivers 1 and played it a lot with colleagues. I was not confident that they'd make something as good in 3d shooter form, but they actually made it better than the original. I have played about 100 hours maybe of DRG, and I think helldivers 2 is better.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Consider our agreement... Forbroken.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

haveblue posted:

I would have said the same thing except I thought they closed the Forspoken studio a while ago

At least that team too got folded directly into Square-Enix and everyone kept their jobs.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Also FF7 First Soldier ruled and I'm mad that it got shut down, too. Not even a Switch port? :cmon:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Fajita Queen posted:

Unicorn Overlord if you haven't played it yet

The screenshots of battles look like my kind of gameplay

but then i see a screenshot like this and i think, "god i don't have the energy for this anymore"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Honestly, I think it's less like the Valkyrie Elysiums that got canned and more the Forspokens. That's something they do now.

Forspoken was developed internally.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Jay Rust posted:

but then i see a screenshot like this and i think, "god i don't have the energy for this anymore"

You can just mash past the dialogue most of it isn't that interesting anyway

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

exquisite tea posted:

Consider our agreement... Forbroken.

Just combine all those weird games,

Foamspoken

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

Hasn't that game been remade and rereleased a thousand times already? Where is the Brave Fencer Musashi remake the true gamers crave.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Paying2Lurk posted:

Also FF7 First Soldier ruled and I'm mad that it got shut down, too. Not even a Switch port? :cmon:

Yuji Naka went to jail for NOTHING

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm not talking about actual Forspoken you idiots

I mean like AAA adjacent games they had in preproduction

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Apr 30, 2024

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
aaadjacent

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Jay Rust posted:

I don't mind discount fire emblems no matter how anime it gets, given how much I hate where FE has gone after the Ike games

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Paying2Lurk posted:

Snail you're logged into the wrong account

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

sorry im editing it

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jesus, I'm sitting here trying to see Spy x Family and these loving theatre chains are forcing me to watch the goddamn Borderlands trailer. What did I do to deserve this?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

Jesus, I'm sitting here trying to see Spy x Family and these loving theatre chains are forcing me to watch the goddamn Borderlands trailer. What did I do to deserve this?

Oh, there ain't no rest for the wicked cuz money don't grow on trees. They got bills to pay, they got mouths to feed, There ain't nothing in this world for free

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Gaius Marius posted:

Tell us who won in the battle of spy vs family

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

Spy x Family owns so hard, I really want to see the movie.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Feldegast42 posted:

Doesn't matter who wins, they're always both back for the next episode

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Feldegast42 posted:

whoever wins...

...we lose

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Feldegast42 posted:

11 Furious 7 $1,515,342,457

30 Skyfall $1,142,504,419

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

Interesting armor choice there

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Interesting armor choice there

You ain't see nothing yet when it comes to Unicorn Overlord.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF4: Welp, Fabul done got hosed up. It probably wasn't a good idea to trust your kingdom's defences to a dude personally responsible for two major international invasions and Justin Timberlake. Cecil introduces his new pals to his best friend, the guy trying to murder them and while his plot device girlfriend gets kidnapped (this has now happened to 100% of the female party members). One short boat trip later and Rydia gets rescued from her own captivity by a giant sea snake, which is the only time being taken by a giant sea snake has ever been called an upside. Then it all gets a bit awkward as Cecil winds up saying hello to all the people he recently launched air strikes on and now we're hanging out with two bratty kids - one's a gobshite, the other's a teacher's pet and I honestly don't know which is worse.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Spy x Family owns so hard, I really want to see the movie.

i realy liked it and i hope you get the chance to see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Rarity, if this is really your first time playing FF4, then don't stop. This is great.