Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Nichael posted:

his marketing has been empathy since his wife plowed into the truck. of course people just lap it up too.

I'll be honest though, I understand why a lot of people believe it. the truth, that there is no one coming to say you, and virtually everyone in power does not give a poo poo, is a very disturbing way to live. it doesn't exactly help with my own lifelong depression. but I'd rather be aware of it than sequester myself to silly fantasies. I can do that just fine with Dragon Age or Fallout.

I just cant stand these people who are all about words said and just ignore the actions and act like Biden gives a poo poo about anyone. The whole fighting tooth and nail to make sure his bastard grandkid isn't allowed to use the Biden last name might be the most personally vile thie about him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LabDrunk40
Jun 17, 2005

"I wonder if there's beer on the sun..."

silicone thrills posted:

I already voted uncommitted in the primary and im probably gonna vote PSL in the general :sickos:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

they're gonna create schedule 1.5 to drop it down to lol

They're just going to do some bureaucratic hem-hawing to get in some news cycles and then everyone will forget about this and nothing will change

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Nichael posted:

Gentleman..... BEHOLD!!!!

~uwu~ my son died :qq: :qq: 👉👈🥺

steve: but you gave him his cancer by voting for the iraq war

dr weird: I KNEW WHAT I WAS DOING

https://x.com/POTUS/status/1785342173367472634

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

It's May already.

Where are our NOJOE tags?

perhaps nichael should get a NOBEAU tag....

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Are We Sure That The Columbia University Protesters Are All.....
students?

Could there be any outside provocateurs involved - inciting the students to violence?

The clips they are showing of the protesters storming the building on campus - look similar to the storming of the Capitol Bldg on Jan 6th. Given these clips - I'm wondering how the Repugs will react to this storming of this building on campus and what they will say about it. I'm wondering what pearls of hypocrisy will come from their lips about this storming of the building?

Could this building storming - just be a way to embarrass Biden?

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

he certainly does a lot of the ending part

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Willa Rogers posted:

Are We Sure That The Columbia University Protesters Are All.....
students?

Could there be any outside provocateurs involved - inciting the students to violence?

The clips they are showing of the protesters storming the building on campus - look similar to the storming of the Capitol Bldg on Jan 6th. Given these clips - I'm wondering how the Repugs will react to this storming of this building on campus and what they will say about it. I'm wondering what pearls of hypocrisy will come from their lips about this storming of the building?

Could this building storming - just be a way to embarrass Biden?

Hang on, let me google who used the phrase "outside agitators" during the civil rights movement...

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
he's so god

drat

old

look at a bitch

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

KomradeX posted:

I just cant stand these people who are all about words said and just ignore the actions and act like Biden gives a poo poo about anyone. The whole fighting tooth and nail to make sure his bastard grandkid isn't allowed to use the Biden last name might be the most personally vile thie about him

lol the grandkid poo poo is absolutely loving abysmal cruelty.

I am just saying though, there's a difference between random poor and desperate americans trying to latch on to any hope, versus well adjusted, wealthy people (like the human meme from that lovely dear evan hansen movie at the fundraiser).

I have an incredibly kind and politically good law professor who likes Biden. He's not at all rich as he's only done work for the poor and disabled. He's also one of the nicest teachers I've ever had, and talks at length about the importance of compassion. He grew up working class too. I'm not interested in berating him on this (though I did once lmao) because what am I gonna accomplish? Make him more sad? The time to actually stop a Biden presidency ended ages ago, and we all failed. There's no changing it.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

They're just going to do some bureaucratic hem-hawing to get in some news cycles and then everyone will forget about this and nothing will change

you're forgetting the important part

after it fades from the news, libs gets to insist it's already done and Biden is the most progressive president of all time and it's old news why are you trying to debate this, it's settled

it doesn't matter if anything ever actually came of it. that's not the point.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Nichael posted:

I am just saying though, there's a difference between random poor and desperate americans trying to latch on to any hope, versus well adjusted, wealthy people (like the human meme from that lovely dear evan hansen movie at the fundraiser).

I have an incredibly kind and politically good law professor who likes Biden. He's not at all rich as he's only done work for the poor and disabled. He's also one of the nicest teachers I've ever had, and talks at length about the importance of compassion. He grew up working class too. I'm not interested in berating him on this (though I did once lmao) because what am I gonna accomplish? Make him more sad? The time to actually stop a Biden presidency ended ages ago, and we all failed. There's no changing it.

https://x.com/mattyglesias/status/1785404829881229460

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

a single hit of 2024 weed would probably kill Joe Biden, so yeah i think he should do it

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Biden all

somebody whispers "we haven't given him the weed yet"

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Homeless Friend posted:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

a single hit of 2024 weed would probably kill Joe Biden, so yeah i think he should do it

he'll get such bad drymouth his tongue will turn to ash

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Homeless Friend posted:

I love my cat Beau.

I named him in a hurry because of his white splotch that like kind of looks like a bowtie. I wasn't going to keep him, but I was fostering his litter, when I noticed that his siblings mistook his penis for a nipple... which I guess is a thing. They broke his kitten dick and I had to rush him to the vet, and they needed a name.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

lol democrats

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 46 minutes!
the thing about them claiming they're doing something is that its very easy to disprove you know once people continue to be arrested for smoking weed

kinda like their entire bidenomics gimmick easily disproven daily at the store

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Nichael posted:

I love my cat Beau.

I named him in a hurry because of his white splotch that like kind of looks like a bowtie. I wasn't going to keep him, but I was fostering his litter, when I noticed that his siblings mistook his penis for a nipple... which I guess is a thing. They broke his kitten dick and I had to rush him to the vet, and they needed a name.

what the gently caress

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

what the gently caress

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Nichael posted:

At some point you have to have these people face reality. Like someone thats lived a hard life and copes with heroin is still better off being helped to get clean. The same with the Democrat party fan base

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

It happens, it is not pleasant. I had to separate them.

https://icatcare.org/cross-sucking-behaviour/

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

KomradeX posted:

At some point you have to have these people face reality. Like someone thats lived a hard life and copes with heroin is still better off being helped to get clean. The same with the Democrat party fan base

I agree but I don't want to be overly cruel to a nice person. He can figure it out for himself.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Got a fundraising call from the DSCC today (thanks Bernie!). When I said I was neither donating nor voting for anyone supporting the genocide, the person on the other end immediately said that Biden wants to condition aid to israel but can only do it with a bigger majority.

Now, the remarkable thing isn't the blatant lying. The remarkable thing is that the guy didn't miss a beat, meaning his fundraising script has incorporated genocide support as a response prompt.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

joepinetree posted:

Got a fundraising call from the DSCC today (thanks Bernie!). When I said I was neither donating nor voting for anyone supporting the genocide, the person on the other end immediately said that Biden wants to condition aid to israel but can only do it with a bigger majority.

Now, the remarkable thing isn't the blatant lying. The remarkable thing is that the guy didn't miss a beat, meaning his fundraising script has incorporated genocide support as a response prompt.

:wrong:

The Executive can do whatever it wants unchecked here. stfu

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1785368955713929231?t=4RnvztQxbwA2pHMQfuo4nA&s=19

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1785367296023650813?t=oN5sPiw2q2BgHJ46G0v9PA&s=19

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/0liviajulianna/status/1785369981456093606?t=EVtsOtXnxGP6vaDCvmVtJw&s=19

The bit about "a liberal is someone who supports every protest except the one happening right now, and opposes every war except the one happening right now" isn't even true anymore. These ghouls are actively saying that it was wrong for people to have protested the Vietnam War.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

i don't wanna vote for either of these people and other people are on the ballot and i can write in stuff or not vote

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

this kind of poo poo is every bit as deranged as the MAGAs who photoshop trump to look like a bodybuilder

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/0liviajulianna/status/1785369981456093606?t=EVtsOtXnxGP6vaDCvmVtJw&s=19

The bit about "a liberal is someone who supports every protest except the one happening right now, and opposes every war except the one happening right now" isn't even true anymore. These ghouls are actively saying that it was wrong for people to have protested the Vietnam War.

easy solution for the democrats in 1968, don't do genocide then win

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Excelzior posted:

you're forgetting the important part

after it fades from the news, libs gets to insist it's already done and Biden is the most progressive president of all time and it's old news why are you trying to debate this, it's settled

it doesn't matter if anything ever actually came of it. that's not the point.

One of the most confusing political news cycle things of the past few years is the time when people were talking about the Biden debt forgiveness and I swear to god there were a lot of people on twitter and elsewhere talking about how their debt had been forgiven (and it was in the context of being the amount Biden had talked about, so it wasn't a situation where it was one of the other preexisting forms of forgiveness). I think there were even posts on SA? I legitimately couldn't tell what was happening.

Of course, in the end nothing had actually been done. But I'm still wondering what was going on with those tweets I saw - were they deliberately intended to muddy the waters and make people think debt was being forgiven?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

liberals really dont understand what nihilism means

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It's funny how he thinks he looks good in this exchange.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

he is doing an imperialism

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

any intellectually honest or coherent person saying this would necessarily have to have the same opinion on the civil rights protests happening at the same time, which were a arguably a larger factor in republican victory in 68 and unarguably inextricably linked with the vietnam war protests. wonder if this lady will vocally take the same position there.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Edit: lol I rated it as far right for fun to see the result.

BadOptics has issued a correction as of 22:17 on Apr 30, 2024

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

no it isn't it's not anyone saying they actually believe that will happen its "hey wouldn't this be funny" and yeah, it would be
Yeah fair

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

Nichael posted:

It happens, it is not pleasant. I had to separate them.

https://icatcare.org/cross-sucking-behaviour/

ok, thanks for the info

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 46 minutes!

this is this freak the trump thread posts 24/7