Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Ballerina takes place between 3 and 4

It's not technically breaking the rules to just make endless interstitial movies
e: lmao never mind someone made an AI trailer and I fell for it

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

People keep asking me if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now I've read the note pinned to my sweater and yeah, I'm thinking I'm back.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

It's not technically breaking the rules to just make endless interstitial movies

The Fast and Furious movies had like 4 movies happen in the year gap before Han dies in Fast3:Tokyo Drift

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

i didn’t really think Moonlight was that great but i still find it very sad that the guy who made Moonlight has to do movies like this now

I loved Nomadland and the director went on to Eternals lmao

John Wick stuck in an endless hell of getting older and stiffer before finally achieving peace

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

People keep asking me if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now I've read the note pinned to my sweater and yeah, I'm thinking I'm back.

lol

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Durf posted:

I loved Nomadland

hmmm

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

The Fast and Furious movies had like 4 movies happen in the year gap before Han dies in Fast3:Tokyo Drift

And then they (wisely) retcon his death in a later movie

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lol

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I haven't seen John Wick 4 yet but I think based on the first 3 (which seem to take place in the span of like a week) he's probably just loving exhausted

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Nichael posted:

keanu is a very sweet video game boy who is correct. it is always arasaka.

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

loquacius posted:

A couple days ago I got a night off from parenting and proceeded to get high as balls and watch John Wick 4.

Hot take: I think John Wick might actually be supposed to have some sort of mental handicap? He speaks very little, appears to be just barely keeping up with conversation when he does, and all his quips are him saying something like "NOT REALLY" or "YEAH" or "MAYBE NOT" and there's a dramatic music sting as though he had just dropped the most badass line in history. This interpretation of the character did not cross my mind in any of the previous three but it seemed to actually make the most sense for this one??? Maybe it was just the weed I dunno

It's called "not having a lot of range of an actor" but I very much support getting high and thinking everything in a movie is intentional. You get an interesting read on stuff.

Last time I did that was the game Wanted:Dead. I think that the character is really aloof and just trying to get through her day as quickly as possible, though people tell me its just bad acting.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

John Wick 5 should be a Cyberpunk crossover where Johnny Silverhand is mistaken for a resurrected Wick El Mariachi style

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

gently caress they should just time skip 200 years and have him resurrected as a cyborg

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fighting Elegy posted:

It's called "not having a lot of range of an actor" but I very much support getting high and thinking everything in a movie is intentional. You get an interesting read on stuff.

Last time I did that was the game Wanted:Dead. I think that the character is really aloof and just trying to get through her day as quickly as possible, though people tell me its just bad acting.

I mean, if he were giving really bad readings of the same kind of dialogue as everyone else maybe. The writing is different. They all talk like they're in a cheesy movie; John Wick talks like he's barely present.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTbr2aMYA68

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

While finding that clip I was reminded of this sequence which literally could have been video game footage (laudatory)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_yNUtMjQuM&t=64s

He even loots a fire-element shotgun off an enemy

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

JW4 is supposed to be Keanu's last one even if they keep making side stories material. But they could always bring him back for prequels and just pretend he doesn't look older than he was in the first one

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

there is a way out Keanu. take it easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJO6ya4ezIA

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

docbeard posted:

John Wick 5 should be a Cyberpunk crossover where Johnny Silverhand is mistaken for a resurrected Wick El Mariachi style

yes

gently caress they should just time skip 200 years and have him resurrected as a cyborg

yes

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Durf posted:

there is a way out Keanu. take it easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJO6ya4ezIA

Lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/azalben/status/1785004403197456885

look a cute chibi toy of an idf soldier :3:

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

loquacius posted:

While finding that clip I was reminded of this sequence which literally could have been video game footage (laudatory)

this part kicks rear end

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

loquacius posted:

I mean, if he were giving really bad readings of the same kind of dialogue as everyone else maybe. The writing is different. They all talk like they're in a cheesy movie; John Wick talks like he's barely present.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTbr2aMYA68

That "Not Really" is actually pretty good haha.

Looking at this scene again it reminds me of Arnold movies, where great actors are all acting "around" Arnold, another actor who had presence but didn't have range. That's only in part though. Arnold at least seemed like he was trying to respond to his surroundings. Keanu's acting in this scene reminds me of old videogame voice acting where they recorded all the lines out of order and with zero context.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

loquacius posted:

John Wick talks like he's barely present.

kinda like a guy who lost everything he cared about and is trapped in an endless cycle of violence with no way out?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Fighting Elegy posted:

That "Not Really" is actually pretty good haha.

Looking at this scene again it reminds me of Arnold movies, where great actors are all acting "around" Arnold, another actor who had presence but didn't have range. That's only in part though. Arnold at least seemed like he was trying to respond to his surroundings. Keanu's acting in this scene reminds me of old videogame voice acting where they recorded all the lines out of order and with zero context.

keanu looks like he's responding to his surroundings (a bright green room and a shitload of cameras and wires)

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

she has a sick backstory too lol

gonna go out on a limb and say that the children of a mossad director don't have muslim best friends

Bro Dad posted:

i used to work at an airport for billionaires. they dont bring drugs with them because there's still security and theres always plenty wherever they're going. really it seems like they buy private planes just to take their little making GBS threads dogs on vacation with them

its about not encountering poor people who aren't on a payroll and forbidden from speaking out of turn

Spergin Morlock has issued a correction as of 23:18 on Apr 30, 2024

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

the mossad agent character is getting her own ncis spin-off on paramount+

(for real)

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I somehow heard nothing by lin Manuel Miranda until I got blazed and watched Hamilton at the beginning of the pandemic. (I mean I absolutely heard Hamilton songs in the background but I wasn't interested enough to pay attention to who was singing at the time)

Anyway. This meant I spent the first half of Hamilton thinking "wow. Lin Manuel Miranda is doing an amazing job of conveying the young Hamilton's brash inexperience by sucking rear end at singing. I can't wait for the big coming of age musical number where he'll start to use his real singing voice and demonstrate why he's so famous."

Then the second half I spent thinking "Jesus Christ this man sucks at singing"

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

loquacius posted:

the 3/4 perspective kinda reminds me of the video game Postal lol

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Benagain posted:

I somehow heard nothing by lin Manuel Miranda until I got blazed and watched Hamilton at the beginning of the pandemic. (I mean I absolutely heard Hamilton songs in the background but I wasn't interested enough to pay attention to who was singing at the time)

Anyway. This meant I spent the first half of Hamilton thinking "wow. Lin Manuel Miranda is doing an amazing job of conveying the young Hamilton's brash inexperience by sucking rear end at singing. I can't wait for the big coming of age musical number where he'll start to use his real singing voice and demonstrate why he's so famous."

Then the second half I spent thinking "Jesus Christ this man sucks at singing"

i swear the dude must be famous among the political set for a completely different reason and they all humor his artistic endeavors to stay on his good side lol. like a kevin spacey type figure

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

they've been going back and forth for a while now, not really a mystery who he's going after

also, it's great lol

Ok fine I'll relisten to it and pay attention. poo poo, I remember MADD CITY listening instructions were to be in a dark room illuminated only by the meager light provided by the cherry tip of your cigarette, necessary to reconcile with god. Fuuuuuck Kendrick is so high effort. Making me look up lyrics and annotations and poo poo.

I'm seeing the good bars being reposted and ok yes they are good. It is hard to appreciate on cold listen while doing things.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Spergin Morlock posted:

i swear the dude must be famous among the political set for a completely different reason and they all humor his artistic endeavors to stay on his good side lol. like a kevin spacey type figure

His dad destroyed Puerto Rica

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
ps: who shot my dog
i will find my dog

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Al! posted:

"i think the viewer is supposed to see john wick as retarded" a take only the something awful forums could produce

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Augus posted:

kinda like a guy who lost everything he cared about and is trapped in an endless cycle of violence with no way out?

I will accept "John Wick is operating in a sort of fugue state after the events of the previous three films" as an explanation for him acting so loopy whenever he's not killing people but I'd still like to commend stoned me for insight and creativity

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

loquacius posted:

e: lmao never mind someone made an AI trailer and I fell for it

lmao

yeah same channel made an AI "Iron Man 4" trailer with horrible dialog and clips from Avengers

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
He's doing the anime thing where he wears weights to suppress his power except it's his brain.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Al! posted:

"i think the viewer is supposed to see john wick as retarded" a take only the something awful forums could produce

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Maximo Roboto posted:

JW4 is supposed to be Keanu's last one even if they keep making side stories material. But they could always bring him back for prequels and just pretend he doesn't look older than he was in the first one
good. I think the entire cinematic wickiverse has run it's course. I enjoyed it well enough but the 4th one really stretched my ability to handle extreme doom eternalification and don't think I could handle amping it up even more.

they should just do something new because clearly they have good action and shooting cinematography chops overall, there's about a zillion plots you could do with the shoot 'em up genre that isn't bogged down by cinematic wickiverse lore about hotels and high tables and bloodbonds and every single hobo in nyc being an elite assassin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Nichael posted:

https://x.com/azalben/status/1785004403197456885

look a cute chibi toy of an idf soldier :3:

whats the spoiler? red hulk?