Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

flatluigi posted:

agatha being 6 mana is going to be a pretty tough worst case scenario, though she always tries to play herself first and as such you're mostly just dropping agatha the turn after you play valentina

Quinjet Valentina Agatha is actually an extremely solid line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Yeah I was going to say Agatha is a pretty top tier pull. Your turn 3 might be weird but she's always going to play herself on 4 unless your opponent drops a Mobius. Right up there with Red Hulk as one of the better ones.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

5/7 - Nocturne, Caiera, Selene

5/14 - Sage

5/21 - Namora, Black Knight

5/28 - Sasquatch

6/4 - Thena, Grandmaster

6/11 - Sersi, Miek

6/18 - Makkari

7/2 - Arishem, Hercules

7/9 - Hydra Bob

7/16 - Ajax

7/23 - Copycat

7/30 - Cassandra Nova, Proxima Midnight

the singles I might drop a weekend key on, the doubles 1-2, and the lone 3 I'll go all in on

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Copycat could be good in the mill shell if you can consistently force your opponent to draw the card whose text she stole.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Yes, yessss! Spend all your Spotlights on cards that remove text! Let the Patriot meta rise!!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Can't wait to finally get a havok variant

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Is Blob poo poo now?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CJ posted:

Is Blob poo poo now?

He's still decent but not quite as.game breaking as he was before. I use him in my Hela deck, he's good to have in case you don't draw a big hitter or two

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Blob's fine. Red Hulk reliably gives comparable or better power without the significant downside and so is clearly preferable.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

They'll probably also resurrect Thanos at some point, and Blob will always be an auto-include in that deck.

If you're looking at Spotlights, Knull is also a solid pickup, and Valentia appears plenty playable.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 1, 2024

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

FlamingLiberal posted:

Nocturne is a more expensive Scarlet Witch.

Nocturne is a Scarlet Witch that doesn't turn off the positive location she's placed at but does kill negative ones whenever you want instead of having to be played on the turn. She can kill Limbo without gimping your turn 6 and laughs in the face of Storm. She's a good card.

E: also note that her ability triggers whenever she moves, not just when you use her own move.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 09:21 on May 1, 2024

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

great update

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Download all assets. I had this problem and it spontaneously fixed itself the next time I loaded up.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The last few patch rollouts have felt really rough. Like, even after downloading all assets, I've had weird graphical glitches and the odd missing asset.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Skippy McPants posted:

The last few patch rollouts have felt really rough. Like, even after downloading all assets, I've had weird graphical glitches and the odd missing asset.

Same, the first patch this happened it was laggy for days even after redownloading assets twice. Where's the QC.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
What are the top resources for net decking these days? I took a break first of the year but coming back. Can you trust the auto include feature to fill gaps for cards not in the collection?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/MISTERHIPP/status/1785672455543283799

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Xguard86 posted:

What are the top resources for net decking these days? I took a break first of the year but coming back. Can you trust the auto include feature to fill gaps for cards not in the collection?

https://snap.untapped.gg/en/meta/de...ame=CurrentMeta

I've seen the auto-include take 3 cards and come up with a deck published by big streamers in the last 24 hours.

which came first I dunno

Red
Apr 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/voidsnapper/status/1785614405880738214

At least there's a fun game beneath all these bugs

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Angel continuing to win the "Worst card, best variants" award.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Devo posted:

Angel continuing to win the "Worst card, best variants" award.

If they did a 'add +2 power if this ability is used', he'd at least be decent.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Red posted:

If they did a 'add +2 power if this ability is used', he'd at least be decent.

Makes sense canonically too, since he can change into Arcangel like a werewolf in the comics.

Normal play, Angel. Destroy deck play, Arcangel with +2.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

I can not get over how much Professor X's hover chair looks like a goofy Muppet face.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
This Captain Marvel Bundle gold seems pretty good compared to the last couple. I've just never had a need to play her.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Xguard86 posted:

Sometimes it builds a very boring archetypal deck you could build yourself from memory.

Sometimes it adds Sauron to a deck as the sole ongoing card.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I'm sure others have noticed already, but although Captain Marvel doesn't take into account things like the +2 Kraven would get if she moved to his location, she DOES take into account Widow's Kiss going from -4 to 0 if she fills the lane it's in.

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.

ijyt posted:

great update

I warned you about light mode bro
I told you dogg

This message brought to you by dark mode gang

E: aw man, my 7 day login reward was Baby Wolverine. I deserve it for this post but still

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm sure others have noticed already, but although Captain Marvel doesn't take into account things like the +2 Kraven would get if she moved to his location, she DOES take into account Widow's Kiss going from -4 to 0 if she fills the lane it's in.

What? Yes she does. Why would she not account for Kraven?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Carol just runs a simulation of what would happen if she moves to each lane, and then moves if it wins the game.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I thought I read somewhere she didn't do the Kraven calculation, but guess I'm wrong.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Devo posted:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Carol just runs a simulation of what would happen if she moves to each lane, and then moves if it wins the game.

That's correct, although to be exact she will move to increase the number of lanes you're winning and only checks if you are winning fewer than two. So if you're losing all three lanes she will move to a lane she can win, even though you won't win the match thereby.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Used two keys, got Luchador Blob and Ms. Marvel. At least it wasn't tokens, I guess?

And I finally got a new Death from the Mystery Variant.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Ninurta posted:

Used two keys, got Luchador Blob and Ms. Marvel. At least it wasn't tokens, I guess?

ms marvel is excellent

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

She’s good but she isn’t as good as she was pre-nerf

She is also hurt by Zabu getting killed

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

She's still a solid card and one of the better 4-cost stat sticks. If you don't play Loki, she's probably a better pull than Valentia, honestly.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Ms Marvel is suffering a little with the junk meta (Annihilus is probably the best card in the game right now). That being said, I still don't think she's getting played as much as she should be.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If junk is the best deck in the game atm, which I doubt, it’s off the back of Cannonball or Widow, I reckon

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
God help me. I’m going to use keys because I’m a sucker for lucha variants.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Sandwolf posted:

If junk is the best deck in the game atm, which I doubt, it’s off the back of Cannonball or Widow, I reckon

I've only seen Highevo/Junk and Yondu/Gladiator/Zemo mills in the last three days so I just assume it's the most popular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Sandwolf posted:

Cannonball is hot for sure,but the Hood / Sentry / Annihilus package thrives in that deck. I don't pay for the advanced stats but I would wager that Annihilus has the highest cube rate when played in the game outside of maybe Shang-Chi. And Shang hasn't had a ton of targets lately.

e: I guess maybe I'd categorize it more as Lockdown than Junk. The Junk sub package is doing some very heavy lifting in that deck though.

Devo fucked around with this message at 21:03 on May 2, 2024