Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Inzombiac posted:

If Trump loses, it doesn't matter the severity or the margins, he will promote not try to stop his cultists from using violence.
The only thing that matters to him is power and the ability to shield himself from liability.

If some liberals die in the process, he won't care.
Hell, he won't care if police or other Republicans die so long as he gets his throne.

i think he doesnt have the pull as much. like if he tries to raid the capitol again. i think chuds die. but i think way way less show up for his bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

PhazonLink posted:

lol at the idea of the GOP pivoting leftward and to the center.

like sure in the same way a supernova has a hemisphere that goes in one direction.
There are probably some idiots who would become wholehearted Zombies 4 Trump if he said literally one vague public thing about their core issue. He could have probably done it over Gaza but either he doesn’t care or someone did the math on it helping him.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1785704987005505880

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Nessus posted:

It does seem as though whoever wins the election, that Biden commands the army until 1/20/25.

Big lols if Trump wins, throws a putsch, and he and Vance get hit with the knife missile. Imagine the smell!

Someone lights a flare inside Mar-A-Lago after the power’s been cut in an attempt to get some light in Donald’s panic room, only to ignite all the freshly-ripped farts Donald’s been cranking out since earlier that morning. Later, Biden goes to prison for what appeared to be a nuclear strike on the Florida compound and the conspiracy theories on how a nuclear detonation happened with no bomb carry on for decades to come.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

lol at the idea of the GOP pivoting leftward and to the center.

like sure in the same way a supernova has a hemisphere that goes in one direction.

I dont think they do but its probably their only real shot at growing out the base again. They need to drop some of the bigotry to do to make inroads with other minorities. Arab americans and muslim americans are open to alot the uber social conservative poo poo and if the GOP dropped its bigotry against those groups it could make inroads, but lol.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nessus posted:

There are probably some idiots who would become wholehearted Zombies 4 Trump if he said literally one vague public thing about their core issue. He could have probably done it over Gaza but either he doesn’t care or someone did the math on it helping him.

Trump is pretty notoriously lovely about trying to pretend to care about things. His 'strongest' rants are when he is saying things he actually believes on some level, and he's already made it super clear he thinks Gaza should be obliterated. Even if he tried to pretend he cared it would be three days before he said something stupid about it.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lol remember when he excitedly read some light smut on the floor

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I dont think they do but its probably their only real shot at growing out the base again. They need to drop some of the bigotry to do to make inroads with other minorities. Arab americans and muslim americans are open to alot the uber social conservative poo poo and if the GOP dropped its bigotry against those groups it could make inroads, but lol.

They need to do ANYTHING.

Other than the border, the GOP's only platform is 'revenge' and 'tax cuts' but the cuts mostly benefit the rich. They have zero plan. Ask any Trump supporter what Trump will do to lower prices or end the war in Ukraine. They have no clue.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

kazil posted:

NEVER SURRENDER

I kinda want to make a Truth account to call him a weak loser for deleting them.

HKR posted:

you can just not post when there's no trump news ya'll

Yeah - if you're a coward. :colbert:

Good post, but there are two points that I'd like to mention:
  1. Another factor in the political positions of the Democratic Party is that it's basically become the Not Insane Person Party. Every politician and voter across the spectrum who's not a loon is in the big tent now, so it's really hard to chart a course that doesn't piss off a large portion of the party.
  2. I'm incredibly skeptical of the Interstate Popular Vote Compact, for one simple reason: what's the enforcement mechanism? What's to stop, say, Florida, from signing on and then just not abiding by it the moment it would push President Gaetz over the finish line?
I've never been able to get an answer for that second point. :shrug:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Trump is pretty notoriously lovely about trying to pretend to care about things. His 'strongest' rants are when he is saying things he actually believes on some level, and he's already made it super clear he thinks Gaza should be obliterated. Even if he tried to pretend he cared it would be three days before he said something stupid about it.
Yeah true. Still, saying it once might get some people to warmly embrace finally returning to the GOP, Winston Smith style

zone
Dec 6, 2016

How many hogs tase themselves in the balls for Turnip this time?

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Burning_Monk posted:

Yeah, I wonder if there will be protests by the students. Or, maybe, "F TRUMP" writing on their graduation hats.

Perhaps, but unlikely trump will see it since there is 0 chance he'll be there

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

3 DONG HORSE posted:

In our defense, if Israel shuts down their Orphan Crushing Machines and dismantles their Torment Nexus, wouldn't that obligate us to do the same with ours?? :ohdear:

I think we all agree other than the fringe that the Orphan Crushing Machines should be shut down. The Torment Nexus needs to stay intact to ensure future generations do not need to depend too heavily on the Discomfort Void.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Talk of Trump at Barron's graduation reminds me of when he had to sit through Diamond's funeral and was miserable the entire time

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think he doesnt have the pull as much. like if he tries to raid the capitol again. i think chuds die. but i think way way less show up for his bullshit.
Since Jan6 (and especially since the post-Jan6 crackdown) the big story has been how tiny the crowds of protestors and agitators have been for any of Trump's public appearances (like arraignments and arrest bookings). Every effort to gin up a pro-Trump protest has fizzled (he's been all but begging for people to come and make noise outside his current NY trial, to no avail). His would be street-fighters are all either serving time after Jan6, or saw what happened to the people on Jan6 and are deciding to keep their heads down.

He can call for another Jan6, but many fewer people will show up, and he has much less ability to interfere with the security response (refusing to send backup to the Capitol Police, etc.) this time around. It would be a complete fizzle.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

yeah. like if trump were in charge we would probably be bombing Gaza directly with US forces.

Nessus posted:

Yeah true. Still, saying it once might get some people to warmly embrace finally returning to the GOP, Winston Smith style

i sorta think many who do care either just wont vote/will vote 3rd party or will vote biden in the general after a protest primary vote(like me)

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Agents are GO! posted:

I kinda want to make a Truth account to call him a weak loser for deleting them.

1. Another factor in the political positions of the Democratic Party is that it's basically become the Not Insane Person Party. Every politician and voter across the spectrum who's not a loon is in the big tent now, so it's really hard to chart a course that doesn't piss off a large portion of the party.
  2. I'm incredibly skeptical of the Interstate Popular Vote Compact, for one simple reason: what's the enforcement mechanism? What's to stop, say, Florida, from signing on and then just not abiding by it the moment it would push President Gaetz over the finish line?

Yeah the interstate compact could go wrong or fail, it's just one example. I assume that there would be some legal force behind it so we'd have to rely on the legal system working (and possibly a non chud SC, lmfao). Elimination of the electoral college would be better but it would require Congress to do something and that's a huge lol.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

More RCV would also help imo.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Yeah, that's ultimately my hope. What few Trump flags I used to see here are gone and his remaining core is so loving brain-dead that if they try anything big again, they'll get mulched.

As much of an issue I have with the military, they don't support Trump outside of the enlisted crayon-eaters. Not saying they are liberal but you don't get in to high command by being a reactionary psychopath.

But America always finds a way to surprise me...

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah, that's ultimately my hope. What few Trump flags I used to see here are gone and his remaining core is so loving brain-dead that if they try anything big again, they'll get mulched.

As much of an issue I have with the military, they don't support Trump outside of the enlisted crayon-eaters. Not saying they are liberal but you don't get in to high command by being a reactionary psychopath.

But America always finds a way to surprise me...

I see them around but its usually a couple houses in a row OR one house on my street. there usued to be tons in 2017 through 2019

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

The side you dedicate your pathetic life to has a long history of actually brutally torturing and muttering gay people just like you you stupid loving goblin.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

zone posted:

How many hogs tase themselves in the balls for Turnip this time?

every hog thinks every other hog is a fed now.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

yeah, it's gonna be bad :/

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

Glimm posted:

Perhaps, but unlikely trump will see it since there is 0 chance he'll be there

It's funny either way. He complains about missing his son's graduation and is given time to attend, skips it, and gets blasted by the media and the judge for being a bad dad.

-or-

He sits there uncomfortably while everyone uneasily avoids him, while trying to pretend he's a caring dad. 100% chance he does something stupid and gets caught by cameras and ends up on TikTok.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
holy gently caress this thread sucks poo poo today

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

I'll keep saying it as long as he keeps doing it but it's so strange that this guy thinks he exudes strength by sitting and looking like a grumpy baby

e: No one has told him that his public appearance is that of a spoiled child who was just told "no" to an extra serving of cake, have they? Or, if they did, he just acted like a spoiled child who was just told no anyway.

Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 1, 2024

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Buce posted:

yeah, it's gonna be bad :/
We're going to be dealing with Schrodinger's Elections for a while, I think. If I win, it was a legitimate election. If you win, you cheated.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Froghammer posted:

We're going to be dealing with Schrodinger's Elections for a while, I think. If I win, it was a legitimate election. If you win, you cheated.
I think Trump would try to coup even if he won tbf

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

These are art.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Froghammer posted:

More like, "If you win, you cheated. If I win, you cheated, but people loved me SO MUCH that we beat your cheating rear end anyway."

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Like he could post “I will pardon you for purging your anti MAGA neighbors” and likely hit at least a three digit body count. More if he’d won.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Agents are GO! posted:

The IPVC is more than a state pinky-promising their electoral votes go to the national popular vote winner, it's gotta be enacted via law in some way (as I understand it). So state legislators have to make a law saying "electors are selected based on national popular vote winners (once a critical number of IPVC electoral votes sign on)" and the state governor signs it. If they then don't do that then residents would have grounds to sue and probably win.

That doesn't discount fuckery like sending a fake slate of electors, confusing things long enough for the fascist takeover to take root and render a legal challenge moot, but it shouldn't be something a state joins or leaves on a whim.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Is Trump REALLY going to attend Barron's graduation? It's not like there's some court order compelling him to go, right?

It would be way trumpier for him to make a big stink about the corrupt judge not allowing him to go and then skip it anyways in the end. It's not like his followers would hold it against him, either.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lol hell yeah

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

DarkHorse posted:

That doesn't discount fuckery like sending a fake slate of electors, confusing things long enough for the fascist takeover to take root and render a legal challenge moot, but it shouldn't be something a state joins or leaves on a whim.

speaking of

has there been anything done to prevent the sending of a slate of false electors like what happened in 2020? i've heard diddly poo poo about it and that seems like a massive known vulnerability at this point

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

dervival posted:

speaking of

has there been anything done to prevent the sending of a slate of false electors like what happened in 2020? i've heard diddly poo poo about it and that seems like a massive known vulnerability at this point

I think several states have made some changes to try and prevent that, and I'd assume slapping the 2020 fake electors with various state charges (that Trump can't pardon) could help reduce how many people try it again.

The Electoral Count Reform Act also clarified that certificates from people who aren't the state governor don't count, and the bill also specified that the VP role in the vote count is ceremonial, so the "throw the election to Mike Pence because he's in charge of the count" idea doesn't work any more.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

dervival posted:

speaking of

A grand jury just indicted a bunch of Michiganders connected to the fake elector scheme, and iirc more than a few states passed laws specifically closing the loopholes that led to the idea not being laughed down immediately

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
imagine getting in dicked for Don and its not even a real dick.