Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

Hilariously given the current discussion, I got Jingliu off the first-of-the-month passes. :toot:

I got e2 Bailu instead of JL :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eej posted:

Luocha's time will come again when Mihoyo has decided that purging is the next meta thing for 3.0 and there'll be a pile of poo poo you have to purge and you either have to use Luocha or whatever new unit they're pushing to consistently remove debuffs.

That being said if you have Ruan Mei and Sparkle that's solid coverage for every MoC/PF under the sun right now. Robin in that case is a total luxury pull. Zero sustain is a real thing, of course (that is how you 0 cycle MoC or max clear PF) but not completely necessary. Also what 0 cyclers don't tell you is how often they reset runs because of bad rng and how many takes they have to do to get a 0 cycle complete. 2 solid Sustains is still a good rule of thumb, people who are asking about what to roll are not doing bleeding edge 0 cycle strats.

Also, zero cycling and low cycling takes a level of relic investment that most people just don't have. Either you get extremely lucky with your relic drops, or you're a whale. But you're not doing Welt sustain or zero cycling with 135 speed as your average on most characters.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I’m skipping Robin even though I love her design and bard/idol type characters. I don’t have room for anything that isn’t going to be a “5* Tingyun with an AOE energy charge” level of powercreep for ultimates after the universally useful in any team supports like Ruan Mei’s break or Sparkle’s SP generation.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

facepalmolive posted:

- Bronya/Jingliu (ok realtalk: I just got Jingliu off the current banner and I must be playing her wrong, because I expected wtfbusted but she only feels mildly strong; certainly feels weaker than my DoT team)

she's probably not as good as acheron but i assume you didn't overcap her crit rate right?

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Bad Video Games posted:

(Loucha) can go on any team, and you never have to worry about surviving.

People keep saying this but, until Aventurine, I ran with him on one side and Fu Xuan on the other for MoC. The Loucha side would often have survival problems and the FX side pretty much never did.

I like my Loucha but purely as a sustain, I think he's been outclassed by FX for a while now and now also by Aventurine.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

facepalmolive posted:

- Bronya/Jingliu (ok realtalk: I just got Jingliu off the current banner and I must be playing her wrong, because I expected wtfbusted but she only feels mildly strong; certainly feels weaker than my DoT team)

Make sure to only use her ult when she's in her buffed state. Also, what are the stats on yours?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Genovera posted:

Make sure to only use her ult when she's in her buffed state. Also, what are the stats on yours?

This is a big thing that could easily trip people up if they’re not paying attention to her mechanics. Not only is her ult going to deal drastically more in Sicko Mode, it also extends it by an additional turn which is a big boost to her damage.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

facepalmolive posted:

- Monoquant
- Kafka/Black Swan DoT

(pick 2 out of the 3)

So you haven’t done this?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Does Herta want ATK or SPD boots?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

atks usually better for pure fiction i feel like with how often she activates her followup

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Yeah I think most of the time I'm gonna pair her with someone else who can trigger her FUAs, so ATK seems good. Thanks

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I use Speed boots on her. In 4 cycles (continuous in PF, you don't get to cheat and reset a cycle between waves like MoC):

110 spd: 6 actions
128 spd: 7 actions
146 spd: 8 actions
164 spd: 9 actions

A pair of boots and some substats are enough to push you to getting an extra whole turn on Herta which means more energy and more damage. If your Herta is already clearing waves you don't need ATK boots because that's overkill. You'd just want SPD so you get another turn to nuke with her which can then lead to another follow up.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Hmm I guess I can test for both, I have too many Grand Duke pieces anyway.

Currently though I'm trying to jury rig a max points clear on the second side with Ratio/Kafka/Herta/RM, so for this specifically I feel I might want ATK to kill the elites besides Sam ASAP, but we'll see.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
43% atk on Herta isn't gonna be killing elites those things have huge HP. You're better off just going for the 3 FUAs = proc and maximizing those.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

https://twitter.com/hxg_diluc/status/1785955861611106595?t=6EKmb6FGf6RdokifUWBrjQ

So apparently someone collected statistics for 15 million rolls and discovered the gacha isn't actually 50/50, but slightly weighted in the player's favor, at 56.4/43.6 (lightcones are 78.1/21.9). Their theory is that the limited character gets included in the standard character pool, so even when you lose you still have a 1/8 chance of getting them anyway.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I can't believe I've lost 78/22 twice

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

CandyCrazy posted:

https://twitter.com/hxg_diluc/status/1785955861611106595?t=6EKmb6FGf6RdokifUWBrjQ

So apparently someone collected statistics for 15 million rolls and discovered the gacha isn't actually 50/50, but slightly weighted in the player's favor, at 56.4/43.6 (lightcones are 78.1/21.9). Their theory is that the limited character gets included in the standard character pool, so even when you lose you still have a 1/8 chance of getting them anyway.

This just makes me feel more like poo poo because I consistently fail the 50-50.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eej posted:

I can't believe I've lost 78/22 twice

Once for me. I had to go to double pity for Argenti’s cone!

Selenephos posted:

This just makes me feel more like poo poo because I consistently fail the 50-50.

Same. I've lost the last 3 straight. I honestly can't remember the last one I did win. It might have been Argenti.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Genovera posted:

https://www.hsr-showcase.com/u/604194004

I just threw together my next best quantum pieces so not everything's at +15 yet, so there's that. Like, I know there's a lot more room to grow here but I'm just wondering if I'm also doing something fundamentally wrong. I did figure out the "only ult while she's in moon form" thing, but anything else I should know?

She's definitely not crit capped but I do wonder if 30% is on the low side for her to feel "consistent". Since she already gets so much extra atk from her moon form, should I maybe consider spd boots?

It feels pretty bad to use Bronya's skill to action forward her when she's outside moon state, but I still do it anyway. I do hold Bronya ult until she's in moon state. I only just got Bronya fairly recently (right before Sparkle, in fact, because that's how the gacha crumbles :v:) so I'm still getting used to Bronya brain.

I've put my Bronya in my profile above, but I'm basically doing fast Bronya and weaving autos in between. The 4pc wind is more of an experiment, and I don't have the effect res to trigger 2pc Keel -- they just happened to be my best spd/cdmg% pieces.

Thanks for everyone's help so far!

Eej posted:

Also what 0 cyclers don't tell you is how often they reset runs because of bad rng and how many takes they have to do to get a 0 cycle complete. 2 solid Sustains is still a good rule of thumb, people who are asking about what to roll are not doing bleeding edge 0 cycle strats.

I have watched some 0 cyclers who explain their thought processes, and I'm aware many of them are layers upon layers of RNG (like x and y must get hit twice to generate z energy for ult). This is on top of very meticulous speed and energy tuning. None of which I have the patience for.

Don't get me wrong, Luocha has been a staple on my team, and yeah, is so drat comfortable that he gives me breathing room to focus on the rest of my team. On his side, I never have to think about saving skill points because I need to heal. But when I'm barely not making timers and I want to eke just a little more out of my team, well Luocha just ain't it, yknow?

padijun posted:

So you haven’t done this?

I've definitely brute-forced floor 11/12 before (like... over 2 MoCs ago), like with all the wrong elements and everything. But recent levels have gotten grindier so I don't know if you can get away with it anymore.

I do throw mono quant at things sometimes in a desperation move, but Qingque can be... frustrating at times so it's usually not my first choice anymore if I already have more on-element options. Sparkle was an absolute game-changer for her though.

I have not tried with Jingliu because I'm bad on her (see above), but hey everyone says she's broken enough to brute-force anything with her, so :shrug:.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Selenephos posted:

You're beating the odds, a real go-getter.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

facepalmolive posted:

https://www.hsr-showcase.com/u/604194004

I just threw together my next best quantum pieces so not everything's at +15 yet, so there's that. Like, I know there's a lot more room to grow here but I'm just wondering if I'm also doing something fundamentally wrong. I did figure out the "only ult while she's in moon form" thing, but anything else I should know?

She's definitely not crit capped but I do wonder if 30% is on the low side for her to feel "consistent". Since she already gets so much extra atk from her moon form, should I maybe consider spd boots?

It feels pretty bad to use Bronya's skill to action forward her when she's outside moon state, but I still do it anyway. I do hold Bronya ult until she's in moon state. I only just got Bronya fairly recently (right before Sparkle, in fact, because that's how the gacha crumbles :v:) so I'm still getting used to Bronya brain.

I've put my Bronya in my profile above, but I'm basically doing fast Bronya and weaving autos in between. The 4pc wind is more of an experiment, and I don't have the effect res to trigger 2pc Keel -- they just happened to be my best spd/cdmg% pieces.

Thanks for everyone's help so far!

I have watched some 0 cyclers who explain their thought processes, and I'm aware many of them are layers upon layers of RNG (like x and y must get hit twice to generate z energy for ult). This is on top of very meticulous speed and energy tuning. None of which I have the patience for.

Don't get me wrong, Luocha has been a staple on my team, and yeah, is so drat comfortable that he gives me breathing room to focus on the rest of my team. On his side, I never have to think about saving skill points because I need to heal. But when I'm barely not making timers and I want to eke just a little more out of my team, well Luocha just ain't it, yknow?

I've definitely brute-forced floor 11/12 before (like... over 2 MoCs ago), like with all the wrong elements and everything. But recent levels have gotten grindier so I don't know if you can get away with it anymore.

I do throw mono quant at things sometimes in a desperation move, but Qingque can be... frustrating at times so it's usually not my first choice anymore if I already have more on-element options. Sparkle was an absolute game-changer for her though.

I have not tried with Jingliu because I'm bad on her (see above), but hey everyone says she's broken enough to brute-force anything with her, so :shrug:.

Jingliu definitely wants SPD boots, you should be able to get her to about 2700 Atk and 134+ speed with those which is more than enough. I find with that you should be doing 100-150k per attack in Moon state which is top tier damage.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
A little late to the party, but in regards to Yanqing, can he put out good numbers? Absolutely. Here's what he can do against the latest Echo of War:

But this is an E5S2 Yanqing, with very good relics, with an E6S1 Ruan Mei, E2S1 Sparkle and E6S1 Aventurine.

And for reference, this is an E1S1 Jingliu, with way worse relics, in the same team, with the same buffs and debuffs, fighting the same enemy, hitting only one target:

So while he's more than up for the task, I can't really recommend farming up relics and all the mats needed to get to this point, when you could just invest in a limited 5* instead and get way more bang for your buck.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Stupid question time.

Guaranteed crit or more crit damage? With all of Ratio's bonuses, he tops out at around 160 crit damage and overcaps his crit rate. Or I can give him over 220 crit damage as a ceiling, but his crit rate is only around 80.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Ruby Prism posted:

A little late to the party, but in regards to Yanqing, can he put out good numbers? Absolutely. Here's what he can do against the latest Echo of War:

But this is an E5S2 Yanqing, with very good relics, with an E6S1 Ruan Mei, E2S1 Sparkle and E6S1 Aventurine.

And for reference, this is an E1S1 Jingliu, with way worse relics, in the same team, with the same buffs and debuffs, fighting the same enemy, hitting only one target:

So while he's more than up for the task, I can't really recommend farming up relics and all the mats needed to get to this point, when you could just invest in a limited 5* instead and get way more bang for your buck.

I mean the main takeaway I'm getting is that Jingliu is an easy skip now if you lost 50/50 to Yanqing and are saving for the slew of limited banners coming in the next two patches.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Bad Video Games posted:

Stupid question time.

Guaranteed crit or more crit damage? With all of Ratio's bonuses, he tops out at around 160 crit damage and overcaps his crit rate. Or I can give him over 220 crit damage as a ceiling, but his crit rate is only around 80.

You can just check fribbles and see which build does more damage.

No one in this thread can give you an accurate answer.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I don't know what fribbles is. Got a link?

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Bad Video Games posted:

Stupid question time.

Just multiply the two together to find the average. Would you rather have 100% of 160 = 160. Or 80% of 220 = 176. Further consideration will depend purely on things like, would 2 of the 220 crit damage hits kill a boss, which would take 3 of the 160 hits. How much overkill. If the attack itself has multiple hits, it will balance out the variance etc etc

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

shrach posted:

Just multiply the two together to find the average. Would you rather have 100% of 160 = 160. Or 80% of 220 = 176. Further consideration will depend purely on things like, would 2 of the 220 crit damage hits kill a boss, which would take 3 of the 160 hits. How much overkill. If the attack itself has multiple hits, it will balance out the variance etc etc

That makes sense.

Punching in the actual numbers, he averages 156 crit damage with the lower crit rate vs. 184 with the guaranteed crit. I even forgot to add the 12-24% from the 4pc set.

It's funnier this way because now Aventurine has 94/215 crit. :D

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Worth blowing all my Tears for :toot:

And yeah I found better success using SPD boots on Herta

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Bad Video Games posted:

I don't know what fribbles is. Got a link?

https://fribbels.github.io/hsr-optimizer

I posted this earlier but in addition to a relic organizer and scorer it also lets you run your own damage calcs, even to the point of setting up the team, light ones and eidolons. I'm mildly obsessed.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Ruby Prism posted:

I am not sure if people with multiple E6 banner 5*s are representative of the average person's team strength.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 2, 2024

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

GoodluckJonathan posted:

https://fribbels.github.io/hsr-optimizer

I posted this earlier but in addition to a relic organizer and scorer it also lets you run your own damage calcs, even to the point of setting up the team, light ones and eidolons. I'm mildly obsessed.

Thanks! I'll check it out tonight when I have time.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Personally, I have grown weary of thinking and entrusted all of my relic decisions to the machine.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 15:42 on May 2, 2024

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Pain of Mind posted:

I am not sure if people with multiple E6 banner 5*s are representative of the average person's team strength.

The whole conversation is if you have Yanqing and Aventurine, but you don't have Jingliu, then Yanqing is usable in the current MoC. If you're struggling in the current MoC 12 and the above is true, build Yanqing. Otherwise, he can continue to collect dust.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
I sometimes break out Geppy/Jingliu/Pela/YQ for ice-weak mocs and remembrance runs. It's a fun team.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

- You should try to get to 50% Crit Rate, so her Enhanced mode guarantees all crits at 100%
- You should run the Glacial set for her relics, not the Quantum set. Quantum set only out-damages Glacial when the enemy has a Quantum weakness
- You're running your JL very different from how I run mine (seems like you're doing slow JL + Hyperspeed Bronya). I personally run 135 SPD JL and 134 SPD Bronya, so that JL always gets to go twice in a row, but Hyperspeed Bronya can work too theoretically (I think Bronya has to be 160+ SPD for it to work and yours shows at 152, but maybe you have another support character that gives a teamwide speed buff during batttle?)
- I use JL's sig LC, but I get if you don't want to get it. I think the Aeon LC's effectiveness depends on if you're weakness breaking with JL often or not. Off-element I think it's much worse.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Eej posted:

I mean the main takeaway I'm getting is that Jingliu is an easy skip now if you lost 50/50 to Yanqing and are saving for the slew of limited banners coming in the next two patches.

A Jingliu with considerably worse relics than Yanqing will perform about the same as he does... against a single target. Remember that Jingliu's splash damage isn't even being added up here.

Pain of Mind posted:

Oh for sure. It's more to illustrate that even with absolutely insane supports, his damage is just good. Not superb. Acceptable for that level of investment at best.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 2, 2024

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Ruby Prism posted:

A Jingliu with considerably worse relics than Yanqing will perform about the same as he does... against a single target. Remember that Jingliu's splash damage isn't even being added up here.

Oh for sure. It's more to illustrate that even with absolutely insane supports, his damage is just good. Not superb. Acceptable for that level of investment at best.

I misread it, I was just skimming the thread and thought it was saying how good he is now. My fault for poor reading comprehension, carry on.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

I hate stamina. Just let me just level grind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Sanzuo posted:

I hate stamina. Just let me just level grind.

Play a MMO