Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Miftan posted:

That's not fighting for your country, that's fighting for your material interests (and also frankly a last resort)

The joke was you missing out the word 'for' the first time :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

ThomasPaine posted:

Afiak barely anyone who's actually served supports conscription because they know that conflict actually sucks in reality, and also more pragmatically that having a comrade who's terrified and doesn't know the barrel of a gun from the handle is a good way of getting yourself killed.

Also, this is not WW1 and a bunch of barely trained infantry grunts isn't that useful any more, at least not for the wars we fight (if we're in a Ukraine situation where Russia's invaded and we've got trenches down the M25 maybe I guess). How are you going to get them to the battlefield anyway, we're not going to be dropping the money on a poo poo ton of new IFVs for them.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/SimonJonesNews/status/1786017746947289379https://twitter.com/AntiRacismDay/status/1786017333229527136

:toot:

It's beautiful to see this type of action. It's still ongoing by the looks of it if anyone is in the area

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 14:34 on May 2, 2024

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

feedmegin posted:

How are you going to get them to the battlefield anyway, we're not going to be dropping the money on a poo poo ton of new IFVs for them.
:vuvu:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Lol that sure is a ... name.

https://x.com/trussliz/status/1785929373389910029

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
he's Gorpy Smellz to his mates

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Ooooh i reckon I can do something funny with that name

*retreats to study, isn't seen for hours*

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

God she still knows how to be so loving funny

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Guavanaut posted:

I think they probably would for Boris, but would not for Rishi. Too many of Reform's true believers don’t like he’s a brown person, and you can't get that type of voter back just by not running a candidate.

FTFY

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm not sure if I like the SPG-9, the ZU-23, or the loving helicopter rocket pod most in terms of "things that shouldn't be on the back of a hilux"

I mean the SPG-9 I'm pretty sure is an actual soviet military configuration except they use UAZs instead of hiluxes.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

this picture has me wanting to get out the powerhose

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

crispix posted:

this picture has me wanting to get out the powerhose

Best way to clear Tories from your driveway.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

police commisioner smellie

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Only Smellie can sort out the Filth.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
voted Green for WM mayor, our perennial local TUSC candidate for council in the hope that he can keep his deposit, and our PCC was literally just between Labour and Tories so I wrote “no thanks” across the paper

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
Voted labour for my ward as he is a good egg. Spoiled my PCC ballot as there's a c-hair between the candidates and I struggle to vote green due to one of the councillor's pulling down part of my house's wall as part of a vanity project of his

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Once read a series of spy novels about that guy taking back Control.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

"things that shouldn't be on the back of a hilux"
I think the criteria for that is nothing other than "does it fit" and "can you weld the base on" at this point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja4L18VHwJ4

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ghosts Love Wubs posted:

Voted labour for my ward as he is a good egg. Spoiled my PCC ballot as there's a c-hair between the candidates and I struggle to vote green due to one of the councillor's pulling down part of my house's wall as part of a vanity project of his

Fair reason imo

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Just voted Khan, and thought of an angry gammon face getting redder and redder as I did so. Delicious.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Microplastics posted:

Just voted Khan, and thought of an angry gammon face getting redder and redder as I did so. Delicious.

Like the Shatner_Khan.gif but slightly redder, fatter, and without the hairpiece. mmm

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

:perfect:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Brexit got the pot boiling but my genuine belief is that Covid lockdowns caused a significant percentage of the population to completely lose their loving minds

grobbo
May 29, 2014

smellmycheese posted:

Brexit got the pot boiling but my genuine belief is that Covid lockdowns caused a significant percentage of the population to completely lose their loving minds

Just finished my shift at the polling station, changing every slip by hand so that Richmond votes to join the Global Caliphate. The observers can see me doing it but they are afraid to speak up because of Cancel Culture

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

smellmycheese posted:

Hmm, yes, spending hours on end carefully rubbing out X's on several thousand pieces of paper and hope no-one pressed too hard! Or lose the whole box behind a bush and replace it with clean ballots ticked for your preferred candidate already.

"Lose their loving minds" would require them to have a mind, which I'm not so sure is evident.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Voted Green on both bits of paper, TBH I didn’t even check the names or which colour was for which vote. See, you can vote and still be apathetic about it :smith:

grobbo posted:

Just finished my shift at the polling station, changing every slip by hand so that Richmond votes to join the Global Caliphate. The observers can see me doing it but they are afraid to speak up because of Cancel Culture
tweet this and you’ll probably get a callout on GBeebies

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Every single election someone has a public meltdown about pencils in polling station like it hasnt been common practice since the dawn of time.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
just finished my shift injecting hormones into the pencils in my local polling station. soon every voter will be trans. yes regardless of sex it works all ways don't worry about it

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There are only HB pencils, these new genders like "8H" and "5B" and "F" are all mental disorders.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Julia HB pencil

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Laurence Fox posted an upskirt photo of a GB News presenter on twitter. She's since reported him to the police.

:allears:

e: He deleted the picture, but boy does he seem like lawsuits:

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1785686879867707558
https://twitter.com/MirrorCeleb/status/1786071401071575332

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 19:13 on May 2, 2024

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

fuctifino posted:

Laurence Fox posted an upskirt photo of a GB News presenter on twitter. She's since reported him to the police.

He really does have a remarkable propensity for provocative, extremely badly thought out actions, doesn't he?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
lmao he just can't stop digging

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Pistol_Pete posted:

He really does have a remarkable propensity for provocative, extremely badly thought out actions, doesn't he?

Self destruction in the public eye must be his kink, a seriously expensive expression of his emotions.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Pistol_Pete posted:

His whole shtik is riding the "you can't do anything nowadays" outrage but because the thought police state he's conjuring is totally imaginary, the only way he can get the pushback he wants is by committing actual crimes. Absolute batshit kicking yourself in the nuts behaviour.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
The downfall from ITV detective drama co-star to deranged small-minded dickhead. The question is — who is next?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Loads of channels have disappeared from my SkyHD box (I use Freesat From Sky =/= Freesat) since yesterday boo hiss.
I miss Bob Ross Joy of Painting.
I think I read something somewhere that they were turning off SkyHD boxes but can't find it for looking now.
Anyone know anything? Or is it just a temporary issue?
(I am still getting all the channel 5, bbc etc but not Drama or some C4.)
I can watch some of the channels through the Roku.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

fuctifino posted:

:allears:

e: He deleted the picture, but boy does he seem like lawsuits:

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1785686879867707558
https://twitter.com/MirrorCeleb/status/1786071401071575332

Yeh old Schnozzy Lozza has self owned again. This is open and shut stuff. He’s going to get roasted in court again lol