Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Angepain posted:

just finished my shift injecting hormones into the pencils in my local polling station. soon every voter will be trans. yes regardless of sex it works all ways don't worry about it

You're doing the lord's work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Loads of channels have disappeared from my SkyHD box (I use Freesat From Sky =/= Freesat) since yesterday boo hiss.
I miss Bob Ross Joy of Painting.
I think I read something somewhere that they were turning off SkyHD boxes but can't find it for looking now.
Anyone know anything? Or is it just a temporary issue?
(I am still getting all the channel 5, bbc etc but not Drama or some C4.)
I can watch some of the channels through the Roku.

Somewhere like Digital Spy a good place to look for stuff, no idea on any of that I know a lot of SD channels being turned off

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

smellmycheese posted:

Yeh old Schnozzy Lozza has self owned again. This is open and shut stuff. He’s going to get roasted in court again lol

I think he could end up on the sex offenders register for this.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Starbucks posted:

Somewhere like Digital Spy a good place to look for stuff, no idea on any of that I know a lot of SD channels being turned off

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Meanwhile

hahahahahahahahaha

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/boris-johnson-elections-polling-station-b2538777.html

Boris Johnson turned away from polling station after forgetting photo ID

Boris Johnson fell foul of legislation he introduced himself as prime minister – when he was reportedly turned away from a polling station after failing to take photographic identification.

Mr Johnson, who quit as PM after three years in 2022, had been trying to cast his vote in the local elections in South Oxfordshire, according to Sky News.

But polling station staff had to turn the former Conservative Party leader away because he could not produce any ID, Sky said.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Hm I think I forgot to send my postal vote or do anything with it. It just sat there on my desk.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I miss Bob Ross Joy of Painting.
There’s a Twitch channel that does nothing but Bob Ross shows:

https://twitch.tv/bobross

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

Just had a person from the Labour Party knocking on the door (in London) asking if I'd voted yet, and wanted to put details of who I'd voted for into an app on his phone.

He seemed a bit dismayed when I told him I'd voted for Khan as "the best of a bad bunch" (something told me this wasn't the first time he'd heard that), and "more progressive parties downballot".

Bit of an odd interaction all round, the guy was wearing a bunch of Vote Labour stickers and tried giving me flyers for Sadiq for Mayor. I thought that kind of canvassing/campaigning/doorknocking was illegal on polling days?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Ended up going for Labour, because the guy running for them is big into social work/human rights stuff and the Green lady went ham on "stop ruining our single family housing community with unsustainable affordable council housing".

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Matinee posted:

Just had a person from the Labour Party knocking on the door (in London) asking if I'd voted yet, and wanted to put details of who I'd voted for into an app on his phone.

He seemed a bit dismayed when I told him I'd voted for Khan as "the best of a bad bunch" (something told me this wasn't the first time he'd heard that), and "more progressive parties downballot".

Bit of an odd interaction all round, the guy was wearing a bunch of Vote Labour stickers and tried giving me flyers for Sadiq for Mayor. I thought that kind of canvassing/campaigning/doorknocking was illegal on polling days?

Not allowed to do it outside the polling place, but knocking on doors is fine iirc

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Mebh posted:

Hm I think I forgot to send my postal vote or do anything with it. It just sat there on my desk.

it still counts if you tweet it to King Charles

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

I also voted for Mr Khan's illegal and unnecessary pay-per-mile ULEZ scheme to continue putting honest three-wheel van traders out of business, and green downballot. Was tempted to stick one in for the CPB as well but couldn't remember what kind of sex perverts they are.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

To be fair I spent the entire day in hospital with my mum again. NHS are still the best and the ambulance crew are loving incredible and I just want to help them.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

TACD posted:

There’s a Twitch channel that does nothing but Bob Ross shows:

https://twitch.tv/bobross

Ooohhh this show and The Last Alaskan are so gentle & relaxing. One of my brothers said he was going to buy me a Bob Ross wig for my birthday.
Narrator: Reader, he didn't. (Thank goodness!)

Interestingly I can watch DMax for free online or on freeview (I watch those survival shows on DMax - Naked & Afraid & Ed Stafford - gathering hints and tips for the zombie apocalypse) but on the discovery app on the Roku you have to pay for a pass! (Our freeview reception has pathetically few channels)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I hope things are going okay Mebh <3

wanted to do the hug emot but can't find the loving thing

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Ooohhh this show and The Last Alaskan are so gentle & relaxing. One of my brothers said he was going to buy me a Bob Ross wig for my birthday.
Narrator: Reader, he didn't. (Thank goodness!)

Interestingly I can watch DMax for free online or on freeview (I watch those survival shows on DMax - Naked & Afraid & Ed Stafford - gathering hints and tips for the zombie apocalypse) but on the discovery app on the Roku you have to pay for a pass! (Our freeview reception has pathetically few channels)

Yeah, they want everyone to sub to Discovery+. Although if you're on BT Internet you might well get a free Discovery+ account. My dad did, but he's too lazy to generate a password, so I can't borrow it to watch the cycling

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Tesseraction posted:

Only Smellie can sort out the Filth.

i do like the idea of all tories having mr men names hehe

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
mr noncie and mr nazi getting into very funny japes in a case of mistaken identity :)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Remember when Mr Clown got no confidenced because Mr Pincher turned out to be a sex crimer and then got replaced by Mrs Meltdown before being replaced by Mr Dweeb?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Tesseraction posted:

I hope things are going okay Mebh <3

wanted to do the hug emot but can't find the loving thing

the Awful app has a handy search function so you can put in a term like "hug" and it shows you everything to do with hugs (and huge balls)

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

forkboy84 posted:

Yeah, they want everyone to sub to Discovery+. Although if you're on BT Internet you might well get a free Discovery+ account. My dad did, but he's too lazy to generate a password, so I can't borrow it to watch the cycling

I'm on a Three HomeHub (4G) - no 5G round here yet, except embedded in those who've had their covid jabs.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Microplastics posted:

the Awful app has a handy search function so you can put in a term like "hug" and it shows you everything to do with hugs (and huge balls)

yeah but I'm on the gosh dern browser atm while playing Stellar Butt on the playstation five

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

Remember when Mr Clown got no confidenced because Mr Pincher turned out to be a sex crimer and then got replaced by Mrs Meltdown before being replaced by Mr Dweeb?

You’ll have to be more specific

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
1983: Meet the COMPUTER ADDICTS | Newsnight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbu0kmCeLSI

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Tesseraction posted:

i don’t remember this story from the little miss and mr. books

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
checking out the bbc live blog: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-68609729/

does the usual thing of dog pics but also

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

not the only donkeys ive seen at polling stations wearing rosettes.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

that's too wholesome for this election day

needs more BLOOD

HORSE

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Matinee posted:

Usually they'll go around likely or confirmed labour voters, to ensure that their voters come out and vote. You might still be on the lists from 2019 or before as a likely labour voter, hence being a target for the GOTV campaign.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
I dropped my postal vote at the polling station. There's a new rule now and you have to fill out a form, they can't just add it to a collection pouch.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I've been in a flirty online relationship with a local woman for a few months, and we were planning on actually meeting up in person this week. Tonight she shared a 'GET KHAN OUT!' graphic from a literal white supremacist's account. I asked her if she meant to have shared it, as my own crippled fingers have shared embarrassing stuff by accident over the years when keeping an eye on the far right.

She replied: "Yup, Essex and London born and bred...."

I don't think I've hit unfriend and block as quickly as that in a long time. I had a lucky escape.... lol

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
interesting there's no exit poll for the local elections - like turning on a lower league match and there's no VAR

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Nuclear Spoon posted:

interesting there's no exit poll for the local elections - like turning on a lower league match and there's no VAR

much like var, the exit polls steal the joy of seeing the results pop up live.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

How badly do you think Fox is going to lose the Assembly seat?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

now that fox has revealed himself to be a sex offender as well as a complete conspiracy theorist he's probably going to win

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i think it would be cool if i never had to hear about this fox dipshit ever again actually

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Mebh posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhYASqQo1Xc&t=120s

fuctifino posted:

How badly do you think Fox is going to lose the Assembly seat?
Not only do I think he will lose his deposit, he will get less than Binface.

Starbucks fucked around with this message at 22:18 on May 2, 2024

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Nuclear Spoon posted:

i think it would be cool if i never had to hear about this fox dipshit ever again actually

About as likely as me winning the EuroMillions unfortunately.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

lol and lmao

Edit: yes. It’s legit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Can you still be a politician from a prison cell for publishing upskirting photos?

I mentioned that I'd voted before coming to work and one of my colleagues said they weren't going to bother because they only voted in proper elections. They had no idea that the PCC and Mayor were members of political parties, or that voting for a candidate was often read as an approving of their political party in general.

They messaged me a little while ago claiming that they'd voted this evening. Who knows, I might have doubled the number of votes from that polling station.