Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
that time the main characters of a star wars book participated in a bug orgy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

Antivehicular posted:

This is me and the first Magic: the Gathering tie-in novel, where they'd send you a promo card if you mailed in your proof of purchase. Fourth grade is a prime age for imprinting on total garbage media

I've got an even better (worse) one: I did this but for a tie-in novel for Rage, the CCG based on Werewolf: the Apocalypse. The card was for the antagonist of the book, because the protagonists were already in the game. It was later than fourth grade, though, I think I was 14 or 15.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im over here readin about zombies in lighthouses and want no part of that space balls mess

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The books are the only time Star Wars gets horny. Star Trek on the other hand…

Not counting the implied incest anyway

Or Jabba's whole deal

Though ANH was apparently by sci-fi standards of the time way less horny and more family-friendly than most everything else.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I also had a couple of books of M:tG short story collections, including one story that was an inspirational sports drama about a Goblin Rock Sled team

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Antivehicular posted:

I also had a couple of books of M:tG short story collections, including one story that was an inspirational sports drama about a Goblin Rock Sled team

ok this i would 100% read

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i liked the star wars book where luke falls in love with a space ships computer

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

lobster shirt posted:

i liked the star wars book where luke falls in love with a space ships computer

That’s a mean thing to say about Mara Jade.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

one of my early online friends from my teenage years had a mara jade based AIM screenname lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Luke YOSPOSwalker

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Luuke.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
hey luke imma computer stop all the loving

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lobster shirt posted:

one of my early online friends from my teenage years had a mara jade based AIM screenname lol

not the worst i've seen.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's funny because they reused that plot point for Solo. I think. I haven't seen it, actually.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i feel like i heard somewhere that timothy zahn was very surprised people couldn't figure out how to pronounce c'baoth

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
why do they keep turning ships into sexy ladies

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Al! posted:

the only star wars book ive read was shadows of the empire because i liked the dash rendar game on the 64, and i was too young for how horny it was

The only one I ever read had Luke go crazy and use the force to hurl giant rocks at anyone who tried to find him. IMO would have been a better version of The Last Jedi

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Al! posted:

why do they keep turning ships into sexy ladies

How long have figureheads been a thing

Sailors are horny

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
all the characters asking where's luke and trying to find luke when he's not in the scene

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

When I was in elementary school I got these young reader Star Wars books that claimed to pick up right after Episode 6, so I was convinced they were the true episodes 7+ and might get movies one day.

They were about the emperor’s son, a three eyed man named Triocculus, who found the glove of Darth Vader which according to some prophecy made him the new emperor. Later it turns out that he’s a fake! The real son of the emperor, who also has three eyes and is named Triclops, was sent to work in the spice mines of Kessel. Triclops had a young son named Ken who was “the Jedi Prince”, a term which is never explained. Anyway, at some point Triocculus decides he wants to marry Princess Leia and kidnaps her. At the end he starts the wedding but it turns out that was a fake robot Leia sent by the heroes and it kills him at the altar with its laser eyes. The End.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

STING 64 posted:

not the worst i've seen.

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

When I was in elementary school I got these young reader Star Wars books that claimed to pick up right after Episode 6, so I was convinced they were the true episodes 7+ and might get movies one day.

They were about the emperor’s son, a three eyed man named Triocculus, who found the glove of Darth Vader which according to some prophecy made him the new emperor. Later it turns out that he’s a fake! The real son of the emperor, who also has three eyes and is named Triclops, was sent to work in the spice mines of Kessel. Triclops had a young son named Ken who was “the Jedi Prince”, a term which is never explained. Anyway, at some point Triocculus decides he wants to marry Princess Leia and kidnaps her. At the end he starts the wedding but it turns out that was a fake robot Leia sent by the heroes and it kills him at the altar with its laser eyes. The End.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Maybe I just missed the boat on Star Wars but I will never understand why people love it so much

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I did read a lot of the EU books as a kid

yoda but he has a n insane french accent

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

'an solo... i will keel you now. you're lack of faith... it is uhhh how you say... inquiétant, no?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Stux posted:

'an solo... i will keel you now. you're lack of faith... it is uhhh how you say... inquiétant, no?

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Heath posted:

Maybe I just missed the boat on Star Wars but I will never understand why people love it so much

the original trilogy was really good and they've been chasing that high ever since

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the wraith squadron books and the original thrawn trilogy are still a lot of fun imo. hell i have a soft spot in my heart for the black fleet crisis books even though they are stupid.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the original trilogy was really good and they've been chasing that high ever since

We occasionally get stuff like KotOR and Andor that trick us into thinking it's good again. We never learn.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

those books own

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

there is a subplot where some imperial guy runs an illegal whale hunting operation and they kill him

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

sometimes i think about the book whose b plot has han investigating some shady smuggler stuff and he gets imprisoned by what is essentially smuggler who is also a space dragon, who ultimately dies after fire eating bats (????) fly down his throat. nandreeson... you son of a bitch.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
grand admiral yawn

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I had a book of Star Wars ship schematics, complete with stats, and I remember how badass it made Prince Xizor's ship, Virago, seem.

Shadows of the Empire was ft... w?

The book was called The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, it was pretty badass. Big paperback thing.🤓🤓🤓

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

You hate to see it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dying for Bush’s oil profits!

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Yaoi Gagarin posted:

those books own

I liked the conference between all the Moffs, appropriately called the Mofference, which starts by the leader saying “I bid you all dark greetings.” Really good world building they shouldn’t have ignored in the rest of the EU.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
when zombies were very popular Star Wars decided to get in on it by making a novel about zombie stormtroopers. its a prequel to a new hope starring Han Solo

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

They were about the emperor’s son, a three eyed man named Triocculus, who found the glove of Darth Vader which according to some prophecy made him the new emperor. Later it turns out that he’s a fake!

The prophecy was also a fake, the 'prophets of the dark side' were a pure propaganda outfit made by palpatine, and they brute forced their prophecies with a network of spies and assassins.

Trioculus also had no clue how the force or the dark side worked, and when getting Darth Vader's glove didn't let him shoot lighting, he had highly invasive surgery to run hidden wires through his arms so he could zap people and prove he was the heir to the emperor. He seems to have assumed that was how palpatine did it, too.

After zapping a couple people he got massive internal burns and he spent a whole book trying to find a cure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

anyone ever read the Marvel WCW comics?