Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
thank god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
LMAO WHAT THE gently caress WAS THAT

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

gently caress EMBIID
gently caress THE 6ERS
KNICKS IN 6

ALWAYS BELIEVED
NEW YORK BABY THIS IS HOW WE DO

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

shouldnt have even brought embiid back this season imo

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Harlock posted:

This is a lame way to end the game

https://x.com/tnyfrontrow/status/1786239605542428970

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Embiid needs to be much less of a bitch going forward. Can't dive on the floor all the time to sell phantom fouls when you're constantly getting injured for real.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Probably could've taken another second getting into position to take that shot, Hield lol

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

finally free f tobais

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

jr smith about to give a very reassuring phonecall soon

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

oh gently caress its almost midnight, who the hell schedules a game at 9pm

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
Buddy shooting like there was .3 on the clock

was hoping to see a game 7 of this series

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Look at buddy when buddy get up

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Buddy what was that

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Probably Magic posted:

Embiid needs to be much less of a bitch going forward. Can't dive on the floor all the time to sell phantom fouls when you're constantly getting injured for real.

actually, his doctor told him he has to dive on the floor constantly to prevent injuries

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

nachos posted:

Buddy what was that

monkey paw for getting all those 3s before

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Squinky v2.0 posted:

Buddy shooting like there was .3 on the clock

was hoping to see a game 7 of this series

Seriously that was incredible on multiple levels

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I know Doc Rivers is gone, but that still very much felt like a Doc Rivers ending.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

29 Minutes
0-2 FG
4 REB
3 ASST

Tobias Harris come on down

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He was almost certainly trying to force the automatic foul into a 3 shot foul. A mercy Deuce didn’t give it to him.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
The Tobias Harris game.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Lmao

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

nikosoft posted:

feel free to quote this when Buddy dribbles a ball off his foot out of bounds at a critical point

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

at least ny got to win the series in front of their home crowd

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Probably Magic posted:

I know Doc Rivers is gone, but that still very much felt like a Doc Rivers ending.

Doc is like a virus. Once he's somewhere, the Doc-ness lingers

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im glad embiid lost

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

im glad embiid lost

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ghost Dog posted:

im glad embiid lost

Hell, same

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Already feeling a little worried for Josh Hart because they'll probably get past Indy to get extremely trucked by Boston and the poor guy won't be able to fall asleep for like the whole series

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

rivetz posted:

Already feeling a little worried for Josh Hart because they'll probably get past Indy to get extremely trucked by Boston and the poor guy won't be able to fall asleep for like the whole series

Boston gags in the playoffs like it's their job. They aren't a lock to "truck" anyone.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

mcmagic posted:

Boston gags in the playoffs like it's their job. They aren't a lock to "truck" anyone.

if porzingis can move around on his calf they're gonna destroy the knicks offense...

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Ghost Dog posted:

im glad embiid lost

embaad

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

mcmagic posted:

my dude they just swept miami

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
4-1, the ol' Boston sweep.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Paying2Lurk posted:

4-1, the ol' Boston sweep.

Gentleman's sweep.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Ammanas posted:

if porzingis can move around on his calf they're gonna destroy the knicks offense...

My understanding is he has basically no chance of returning for the next series, and the ECF would be ambitious

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

DeimosRising posted:

My understanding is he has basically no chance of returning for the next series, and the ECF would be ambitious

good i hope his leg falls off

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Ammanas posted:

You sure about that?
https://twitter.com/celtics/status/1777340651337568391

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ammanas posted:

come on, man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

DeimosRising posted:

The average time to recover from a soleus strain (multi year average across the whole NBA) is 17 days. Giannis was apparently right on the edge of coming back if you believe reports that he was back practicing and targeting a game 7 return, which would have put him closer to 24 days missed.

Porzingis was hurt 4/29, let’s say 17 days missed would be around 5/17, 24 days would be 5/24. The earliest the Celtics next series could start is Sunday 5/5, could be Tuesday 5/7 if CLE-ORL goes 7. We don’t have round 2 schedules yet, but given the way the NBA schedules stuff, the series would likely run 10-16 days depending on number of games. This would have round 2 running until 5/15 - 5/23

Obviously that’s just based on averages, but you could summarize that as “likely out for all of round 2, probably available for most/all of the conference finals and beyond.”

Every injury is unique and it’s probably use to try and extrapolate beyond that.

But if you wanted to try -

Neither the bucks nor Celtics gave much info about the injury beyond what it was (no grade/severity), but just based on eye test, Giannis seemed to be much more injured than porzingis. He couldn’t put any weight on his leg and needed to be helped off. Porzingis was able to hobble off on his own, and wasn’t even limping that bad heading to the locker room. Maybe that translates to something closer to 17 days than 24, maybe not. And if you’re an optimist, I’d point out 17 days is an average, not a floor. About half the time, guys come back before that.