Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

SixteenShells posted:

the fun thing about Biden is that he's so old he almost could have been one of the white moderates mentioned in the Birmingham letters

he was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
I was thinking in terms of "was he an elected official at the time", but you're right, the letter was more broadly about the political position, not the political leadership.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

iirc back in 2020 Biden was the only dem candidate in the primaries who never acknowledged that police brutality is bad, and instead only ever promised to prosecute BLM protesters who were "violent"

his idea of police reform was telling cops to shoot protesters in the legs lol

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I wonder what it would be like to do live ASL translation for Hitler

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Akalies posted:

Not true! Our progressive beacon of a president encouraged police to shoot people in the legs.

That’s only for unarmed guys with knives, the platonic ideal of unarmed persons.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

U-DO Burger posted:

iirc back in 2020 Biden was the only dem candidate in the primaries who never acknowledged that police brutality is bad, and instead only ever promised to prosecute BLM protesters who were "violent"

quote:

Joe Biden first ran for U.S. Senate in 1972 as the Vietnam War was entering its waning years. He was not a tenacious anti-war voice, nor did he embrace the anti-war movement, saying he was “not big on flak jackets and tie-dye shirts.” Biden described himself at the time as being married, in law school, and wearing sports coats. He professed a “lack of moral outrage” at the war. He described walking through campus with law school friends one day and seeing other students occupying office buildings in protest. “They were taking over the building,” Biden said. “And we looked up and said, ‘Look at these assholes.’ That’s how far apart from the anti-war movement I was.”

Joe Biden was a piece of poo poo when we was literally going to school with vietnam protesters; he never even had a performative era like pelosi or aoc did, just straight up dropped out of the college Young Democrat diecast machine into a senate seat

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

U-DO Burger posted:

"shoot them in the leg"

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
here you go

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-suggests-police-could-shoot-assailants-in-the-leg-instead-of-the-heart-201750470.html

quote:

Joe Biden said Monday that police under attack in the line of duty should shoot their assailants “in the leg instead of the heart” as a way to avert the killing of civilians.

“Instead of standing there and teaching a cop, when there’s an unarmed person coming at them with a knife or something, you shoot them in the leg instead of in the heart is a very different thing. There’s a lot of different things that could change,” Biden said in a meeting with community leaders at Bethel AME Church in Wilmington, Del.

Biden’s remarks were made as cities across the nation continue to be engulfed in violent protests in the wake of the death of George Floyd, an African-American, in police custody in Minneapolis. Four officers were fired for their role in Floyd’s death, which was captured on video. Former Officer Derek Chauvin, who kneeled on Floyd’s neck for nearly nine minutes, was charged Friday with third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

"unarmed person coming at them with a knife"

I never realized the quote itself was contradictory lol

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

U-DO Burger posted:

"unarmed person coming at them with a knife"

I never realized the quote itself was contradictory lol

Look, they may not have arms but that doesn't stop someone from holding a knife in their mouth.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Well yeah, dude's entire brand is centered around dead kids

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Lord of Pie posted:

:drat:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Lord of Pie posted:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Lord of Pie posted:

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

biden's strategists know that if his approval rating gets any lower than 0% it loops back over to 100%

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

The Voice of Labor posted:

biden's strategists know that if his approval rating gets any lower than 0% it loops back over to 100%

Ahhh, going for the "nuclear Gandhi" strat. That explains a lot

\/\/\/ LMAO

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

ahh the ghandi nukes strategy

edit: gently caress, beaten with the same reference too. drat

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

*bursts in*

did anyone mention nuclear ghandi yet

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

255th greatest president

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lord of Pie posted:

nichael come and bow to your new master

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
my large adult dead son

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

if i had a dead son, i'd use his corpse as a prop for things other than genocide. like i'd probably use it to pressure valve to release ringmaster already.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
it should be evident pretty quickly on election night when a bunch of east states close their polls. there’s going to just be thousands and thousands of missing votes for Joe Biden that should be there but they just aren’t. within an hour the horror will be realized.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Demon Of The Fall posted:

it should be evident pretty quickly on election night when a bunch of east states close their polls. there’s going to just be thousands and thousands of missing votes for Joe Biden that should be there but they just aren’t. within an hour the horror will be realized.

russia hacked us again

after taking 2020 off for inexplicable reasons

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The lib Jan 6th will be funny

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UArVVoSciZM

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
the best outcome in november probably would be another shitshow where over the course of a couple of days it keeps flip flopping between libs and chuds being mad and going insane

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Biden’s age wraps around at one hundred and twenty‐seven, but he will then be under thirty‐five years of age and thus ineligible for the office of president.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

drat can you imagine if it ends up as 269-269

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

pencilhands posted:

This one is fun because it goes to the House of Representative but every state gets the same voting power as if they were the Senate. California’s fifty‐two representatives are together only as powerful as one Dusty Johnson (R–SD).

And that’s why the U.S. Constitution is the greatest document this side of the Holy Bible. :911:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

In Training posted:

yeah, but you can always just log off twitter when it starts.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Platystemon posted:

This one is fun because it goes to the House of Representative but every state gets the same voting power as if they were the Senate. California’s fifty‐two representatives are together only as powerful as one Dusty Johnson (R–SD).

And that’s why the U.S. Constitution is the greatest document this side of the Holy Bible. :911:

It also isn't said how the individual states are supposed to decide their vote. Do they have their representatives vote to determine who gets the singular vote? No one knows.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Nichael posted:

It also isn't said how the individual states are supposed to decide their vote. Do they have their representatives vote to determine who gets the singular vote? No one knows.

a succession crisis at the waning of empire? please please i can only get so :awesome:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The Founders were geniuses.... at creating lawls and lmaos.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nichael posted:

My proposal is that the vote is carried by the representative whose district has the highest mean elevation.

I want to see what this does to gerrymandering.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

i think it should go to whoever wins the bathing suit competition

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

pencilhands posted:

either Joe Biden or Donald Trump becomes president

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Platystemon posted:

The last time the election went to the House was 200 years ago. In the Corrupt Bargain of 1824, Speaker of the House and 3rd place runner up Henry Clay conspired with the 2nd place John Quincy Adams to deny popular demagogue Andrew Jackson, the popular vote and electoral college plurality winner, the Presidency. Adams would then make Clay his Secretary of State, and Jackson would wage a 4 year public revenge campaign that would result in his overwhelming victory in 1828 to the aghast of the Washington establishment. Clay and Adams would go on to be remembered as trivia questions while Jackson's name would define the entire period and his face put on the $20 bill.

In 100 years, Trump's face will be on money.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

SgtMongoose posted:

In 100 years, Trump's face will be on money.

Assuming continuity for a hundred years, Trump will be remembered as a popular but polarizing figure who did better than expected under difficult circumstances

Contrasted with Obama who was more broadly palatable but did nothing with great expectation and Biden who was broadly detested and completely incapable of addressing anything

Ofc that all depends on some preservation of the status quo which seems less guaranteed every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

In Training posted:

Night of the Short Dicks