Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

fuctifino posted:

This just popped up on my feed - Interviewing attendees at the St George rally in London

https://twitter.com/in_bloke/status/1783165104801886322

(Ignore the comments about 'these people are allowed to breed'. I'll try to replace the video with another example from twatter. [edit: fuckit. gave up])

There's always the same look flashing across their eyes when they're asked for specific examples of their culture being taken away from them or English people being an oppressed class. The same look you saw on Jordan Peterson's face when he railed against government imposing social change and was then asked if it was wrong for the US government to enforce the Civil Rights Act.

The look of "I really want to say 'there are brown-skinned people here now and I'm expected to treat them as equals' but I know I can't get away with saying that on video, so I'd better say that you can't get fish and chips these days."

Sorta collating this and Lee Anderson Wanting His Country Back, yesterday I needed to drive my partner to her work, and due to road closures we went via the backroads of Peterborough rather than the arterial roads.

This takes you through New England, the planned suburb built for railway workers. Classic grid of Victorian working class terraces, with what used to be the main road to Lincoln as the spine and lined with shops and businesses.

At 8.30am the place was full of women in headscarves walking their kids to school, going to the local independent shop to get food in, presumably before going back to their little terrace house to do their socially-expected domestic work while their husbands were at work before going to evening prayers at the place of worship down the street.

But New England in 2024 differs from New England in [30p Lee's imagined] 1954 because the women are from Bangladesh, the headscarves are hijabs, the shop is a Halal butcher's and the place of worship is a mosque.

There are working class communities throughout Britain that must embody a lot of the (largely superficial) stuff that Lee and the other Reform nutters get so nostalgic about...but they seem curiously uninterested in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Microplastics posted:

Re: Plymouth is that where the tory council chopped down a load of trees at night so nobody could stop them

Yup, but the local Labour parasites are no different to the Tories.

e: lol

https://twitter.com/snigskitchen/status/1786125296191586328

quote:

Beginning the show, Fox shared his personal news. He declared: “I may have a glint of optimism on the horizon. I came to the conclusion that I’ve been walking around getting punched in the face for four years now. And I sense that I may need some distance from it, in a way.”

Calvin then asked: “What does that mean?” And Fox continued, rambling: “It means focusing on, while still focusing on all the things I have to do and everything like that. It means finding some Solace. So finding a place to be which is outside of the city.”

Calvin then suggested: “A retreat?” But Fox hinted he plans to quit the capital for good, declaring: “Yeah. I will divulge more information as it evolves, but yeah. The days, potentially, the days of me waking up in this hell-hole, that leftist run hell-hole that Sadiq Khan — it’s a hell hole. I think the days of me waking up here on a regular basis are about to change.”

:lmao:

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 12:01 on May 3, 2024

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Labour briefing that they are losing the West Midlands mayoral contest because of an independent pro-Gaza candidate

I assume this will mean a change in policy right?

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

EvilHawk posted:

Labour briefing that they are losing the West Midlands mayoral contest because of an independent pro-Gaza candidate

I assume this will mean a change in policy right?
this quote from 'a senior Labour source' is absolutely loving deranged, holy poo poo

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

a oval office posted:

I came to the conclusion that I’ve been walking around getting punched in the face for four years now.

Would that 't'were so.

Mans gotta sell his London gaff to pay for all his crimeing fines, lol

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

BalloonFish posted:

There are working class communities throughout Britain that must embody a lot of the (largely superficial) stuff that Lee and the other Reform nutters get so nostalgic about...but they seem curiously uninterested in them.

As you alluded to at the start of the post, it's because the skin colour is different.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
are we suffering the consequences for our moral cowardice? no, it must be the muslims who are wrong

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Looking forward to Lawrence Fox hunting in the countryside in the near future.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Apraxin posted:

this quote from 'a senior Labour source' is absolutely loving deranged, holy poo poo

Wow, a genuine "believing in human rights is for terrorists" quote.
That 'senior Labour source' needs to be named and shamed. And then drowned in a var of piss.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I suspect that quote is from the alleged dog nonce

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Good thing the Muslim population doesn't swing elections huh?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Apraxin posted:

How could Hamas do this to us, have they no shame?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The racism dial is going up because Muslim voters exist.

https://twitter.com/robmayor/status/1786340058145910814?t=a7wtSgMsMWPGR68fRQAh7Q&s=19

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Hamas is for the kids

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Messed up how Hamas cost Labour the election just by quoting Labour's policy positions in things.

BalloonFish posted:

There's always the same look flashing across their eyes when they're asked for specific examples of their culture being taken away from them or English people being an oppressed class. The same look you saw on Jordan Peterson's face when he railed against government imposing social change and was then asked if it was wrong for the US government to enforce the Civil Rights Act.

The look of "I really want to say 'there are brown-skinned people here now and I'm expected to treat them as equals' but I know I can't get away with saying that on video, so I'd better say that you can't get fish and chips these days."

Guavanaut posted:

I live about 100 yards from a Seafish Industry Authority certified chippy. Fairly sure I can get fish and chips from there. Might do so this evening.
Just checked and it's still there, and has not been secretly replaced with a dozen Boko Haram recruiting stations, so I think they're making poo poo up.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

kingturnip posted:

Wow, a genuine "believing in human rights is for terrorists" quote.
That 'senior Labour source' needs to be named and shamed. And then drowned in a var of piss.

won't hear any of this when biden loses

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

When all you have is denial, everything looks like Hamas

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
also, lol at this analysis:

the tees valley mayor, who is personally quite popular and tries to detach himself from the national party, was re-elected with 53% of the vote compared to 70% three years ago. in his victory speech, he said he was happy to work with rishi sunak, or you know, whoever the prime minister is next year, for the benefit of his constituents. previous polls have shown that more than half his voters vote for the man himself and wouldn't consider themselves tory voters in general.

this is the best result of the night for the conservatives, they will be absolutely delighted with this.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Haggis_UK/status/1786363239409840348

:allears:

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
whoopsie

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i can't wait to find out the source is david lammy or something

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

fuctifino posted:

quote:

I came to the conclusion that I’ve been walking around getting punched in the face for four years now.

:lmao:

I know this isnt literal but im choosing to believe it is.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"

Apraxin posted:

whoopsie

this was 100% Luke "the Nuke" Akehurst

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Apraxin posted:

whoopsie

Labour strongly condemns these quotes regarding the West Midlands mayoral race and will be taking steps to preserve the purity of our race in future.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Apraxin posted:

also, lol at this analysis:

the tees valley mayor, who is personally quite popular and tries to detach himself from the national party,

Ben Houchen is so detached from the national party that he sits for them in the Lords, where he was last seen voting against amendments to the Rwanda Bill. He got his peerage for successfully funneling the entirety of the Teesside regeneration money into the pockets of Tory donors.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Markets were generally rising yesterday. This is just a trading algorithm that buys or sells for investment firms depending on lots of things. A 2.9% rise in a big firms stock is nothing out of the ordinary.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

I don’t think threat is the right word, normally that would mean some intention to inflict harm or punishment rather than relieve of nobishness.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I wonder if Lozza's brain got infected after his part in Lewis where he is portrayed as being some sort of ex-trainee-priest clever clogs socially conscious person repairing homes for humanity in Romania or wherever it was, and whether he thinks that is what he is?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

That Willy Wonka meme with 'Oh. No. Please don't go.'

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Starbucks posted:

I don’t think threat is the right word, normally that would mean some intention to inflict harm or punishment rather than relieve of nobishness.

it's a threat to everywhere that isn't London

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The public’s passion for Keith’s punchy policies is palpable

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I'm just sad that Jamie driscoll didn't win.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

W'hey the Tory dickhead lost the PCC race.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

smellmycheese posted:

Blackburn has a large Muslim population so this really isn't a surprise. I wonder who the indie candidate is.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

W'hey the Tory dickhead lost the PCC race.
They won here, but they would not have done if Labour hadn't suspended 17 council members for no reason, causing them to run a candidate as One Leicester

quote:

ASKARI Fizza One Leicester 7,104
BORA Aasiya Green Party 23,649
MATTHEWS Rupert Oliver The Conservative Party Candidate 62,280
PALMER Rory Labour and Co-operative Party 61,420
SHARPE Ian Robert Liberal Democrats 22,041

I'm sure that lessons will be learned from this.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Miftan posted:

Blackburn has a large Muslim population so this really isn't a surprise. I wonder who the indie candidate is.

Tahir Mahmood, googling his name and Blackburn unfortunately brought up the Lancashire Post reporting on a child molester with the same name on the run as the first result.

The actual Tahir is a driving instructor and charity volunteer. Seems like a good lad.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Tesseraction posted:

Tahir Mahmood, googling his name and Blackburn unfortunately brought up the Lancashire Post reporting on a child molester with the same name on the run as the first result.

The actual Tahir is a driving instructor and charity volunteer. Seems like a good lad.

Him and the other independents that won throughout Blackburn ran on a pro-Gaza platform and have replaced some absolutely useless councilors that have been in their positions for far too long.

I did some work for the Labour party and the council a few years back and they were all loving useless around here.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Guavanaut posted:

They won here, but they would not have done if Labour hadn't suspended 17 council members for no reason, causing them to run a candidate as One Leicester

I'm sure that lessons will be learned from this.

clearly this is the greens fault. leftists!!!

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

smellmycheese posted:

'palpable hatred for the government like there was before 97, but without the blair-like enthusiasm for labour' seems to be the throughline so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

PriorMarcus posted:

Him and the other independents that won throughout Blackburn ran on a pro-Gaza platform and have replaced some absolutely useless councilors that have been in their positions for far too long.

I did some work for the Labour party and the council a few years back and they were all loving useless around here.

Glad to hear they unseated the unserious then!