Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

How much weight does a wingsuit and parachute add?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

69kg

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Deptfordx posted:

How much weight does a wingsuit and parachute add?

It’s ok, the sherpas will carry it for you

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I would start from an airplane and land on the mountain top with my wingsuit.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Nenonen posted:

I would start from an airplane and land on the mountain top with my wingsuit.

that way you don't have to wait in line like the chumps who decided to climb up the mountain from the ground

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It seems like it should be very easy to just land on top of Everest helldivers style

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

It seems like it should be very easy to just land on top of Everest helldivers style

Get one of those cool firefighting helicopters, he'll drop you right on the summit.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
God Emperor Trump will nuke everest

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

and he will be right to do so

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

We haven't used a nuke in a while

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

It will still be cold in the middle though.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Concerning the thread title, what happens if I don't produce 8.8oz of excrement per day? What happens if I ate a gas station burrito on the way to everest and drop a log the size of an infant? Do I have to purchase additional poop credits to make up for it?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

orange juche posted:

Concerning the thread title, what happens if I don't produce 8.8oz of excrement per day? What happens if I ate a gas station burrito on the way to everest and drop a log the size of an infant? Do I have to purchase additional poop credits to make up for it?

You will die

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

wheatpuppy posted:

It will still be cold in the middle though.

gotta drill the meganuke into the mountain to take it out, like in that movie, what was it

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Cactus Ghost posted:

gotta drill the meganuke into the mountain to take it out, like in that movie, what was it

Austin Powers?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Cactus Ghost posted:

"It is easier to train drillers to climb mountains, than to train mountain climbers to drill."

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Pretty sure John Henry could just do it

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

Cactus Ghost posted:

If we drilled out a tunnel in the middle you could put in an elevator and completely get rid of the superfluous climbing portion

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

orange juche posted:

A gas station burrito has NOTHING on 3 dal bhat meals a day. God help you if you eat meat above Namche Bazzar.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Paladine_PSoT posted:

A gas station burrito has NOTHING on 3 dal bhat meals a day. God help you if you eat meat above Namche Bazzar.

When I hiked the AC I survived on dal bhat and egg fried noodles. Definitely avoided meat but even then, I got food poisoning a day out from Manang near Tilicho lake. I was lying in bed feeling sick and I thought it was altitude sickness since we were around 4500m up at that point. Went to the toilet (hole in the floor) and realised I had to go from both ends and I was actually relieved when I realised it was food poisoning lol. 24 hours later I was fine and could keep going. Turns out it was the dal bhat that caused it, they had it luke warm in a big pot all day with some funky looking dumplings. Annoyingly every time I even smelled it after that, I couldn't stand it so I had to switch up the diet.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Good. Make K2 the highest mountain on Earth.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Atlantic City?

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Two Mongolian climbers attempted to summit with no oxygen or Sherpa support. They made it to the top. The return trip did not go as well.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...148402b8ad&ei=9

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I've always wondered, is it considered a success when you manage to reach the summit of a mountain, but fail the return trip down?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Two Mongolian climbers attempted to summit with no oxygen or Sherpa support. They made it to the top. The return trip did not go as well.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...148402b8ad&ei=9

Hunger rising...

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The Bible posted:

I've always wondered, is it considered a success when you manage to reach the summit of a mountain, but fail the return trip down?

It is not otherwise Mallory and Irving would have likely been considered the first ascent.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The Bible posted:

if you have your bag of poo when you fail it's considered a success. if you don't have the bag of poo then you will embarrassed in front of everybody

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

George H.W. oval office posted:

It is not otherwise Mallory and Irving would have likely been considered the first ascent.

No they wouldn't, there is literally zero evidence they made it, just tons of speculation.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Appalachian Chrail

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sherpa, please.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

The Bible posted:

I think that's up to how the climber defines "success" and whether or not it involves telling someone about it.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Paladine_PSoT posted:

I think that's up to how the climber defines "success" and whether or not it involves telling someone about it.

I mean... in this scenario, they can't tell anyone anything.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

The Bible posted:

A successful summit? yes.
A successful trip? also yes from our perspective. Maybe not from their family's.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

The Bible posted:

It's as much success as the guys on the Titan submersible's voyage enjoyed.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nocheez posted:

The titanic ghosts would consider it a success.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Nocheez posted:

I don't think they reached the wreck. They just descended into the dark and abruptly died.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

In many ways the Titan submersible story is the reverse of an Everest fatality

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

smoobles posted:

In many ways the Titan submersible story is the reverse of an Everest fatality

It's like if 110 years ago a bus driving at the foot of Himalayas got into a freak accident that caused the bus to blow up to the sky and end up on an unreachable mountain slope. And now billionaires can get to watch the frozen grave from a dirigible steered with a Logitech controller.

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

smoobles posted:

I don't think they reached the wreck. They just descended into the dark and abruptly died.

Parts of them probably reached the wreck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Captain Toasted posted:

Parts of them probably reached the wreck

Their bodies were disintegrated into molecules, which, again, is very much the opposite of Everest bodies being preserved forever

Makes you think....