Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Those are literally the two mini-games I always remember when I think about OG FFVII. Those and being Tifa and having to press the right combination of buttons to wiggle out of her chair and get the key to the handcuffs or whatever. Anyway, both the warming one and the wiggling one better be in part 3.

Looking forward to snowboarding as well! And think about all the new mini-games they could add in Wutai. So many more versions of the Happy Turtle theme song. I am already hyped for part 3 lmao

Yeah you find out the world ends, get to play the B team in a disasters scenario, then that dumb mini game, then with everything in the story going to hell the story has you do the slap fight on Sister Ray and goes from side to silly.

In conclusion, let’s enjoy my frogs and dogs and all of the nonsense of these games.

I hope that part 3 is even dumber as meteor or whatever they go with bears down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
If you didn't spend 45 minutes finding the correct combination for Mog's House are you even a real gamer?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

BOW WOW WOW
BOW WOW WOW

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
he's the good boy who never stops

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

kyrie.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Waffleman_ posted:

BOW WOW WOW
BOW WOW WOW

Top 5 song in the game

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Top 5 song in the game

I’m fond of the frog theme

Kerokero
Kerokero

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Waffleman_ posted:

BOW WOW WOW
BOW WOW WOW
I'm honestly upset that you can't pet more of the animals in this game. 100% serious. I can't have pets in my current situation, but being able to interact virtually still gives me a little endorphin and serotonin hit. You can toss treats to Torgal in FF16. Let me scratch Salmon's chin, drat it! And let me tell Melon she's a good girl! Have Fluffy/Blanca sit on my lap!

deoju fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 3, 2024

Spiggy
Apr 26, 2008

Not a cop

Elephant Ambush posted:

Top 5 song in the game

The first time it plays and Barrett is talking about Marlene growing up is one of those little moments in the game that I really loved.

Just wrapped up Cosmo Canyon and now I'm debating on finishing up Gongaga or just mainline the main quest. This is probably the fastest getting 65 hours in a game has felt.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You? Gongaga.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Spiggy posted:

The first time it plays and Barrett is talking about Marlene growing up is one of those little moments in the game that I really loved.

Just wrapped up Cosmo Canyon and now I'm debating on finishing up Gongaga or just mainline the main quest. This is probably the fastest getting 65 hours in a game has felt.

Mainlining gets really rigorous at a point and after the point of no return it is a lot. I would do everything you want and play until you don’t find things fun and then call it.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Well that's Rulers of the Outer Worlds down, now the long slogs that are going to be the last two Legendary challenges

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Waffleman_ posted:

You? Gongaga.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

whoever made the piano mini game in Rebirth should go play in traffic.

yes, i’m mad. yes it’s probably a skill/age issue. but gently caress that mini game so much.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ulvir posted:

whoever made the piano mini game in Rebirth should go play in traffic.

yes, i’m mad. yes it’s probably a skill/age issue. but gently caress that mini game so much.

I do think having to concentrate on a separate track for each stick was a wild decision. I was able to get through the basic tracks but I had to unfocus my eyes to be able to take in all the prompts at once.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I personally loved the piano minigame to the point of S ranking all the sheet music. It felt satisfying learning the movements bit by bit. Until it all comes together

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt
it’s counter-intuitive but I found speeding the notes up a couple of notches helped me a lot on the piano mini game - especially when it starts throwing lots at you

Even still I’ve long since given up trying to get star ranks on any of them!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The minigames are good.

:hmmyes:

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Piano minigame is one of the best in the game. Very fun to pull off a good performance

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Quinton posted:

I'm awful at the Moogle Capture Game but before they added the timers it was just tedious... then it became utterly miserable.

The fact that we got scary-uncanny-valley Moogles just adds insult to injury here.

The payoff cutscene of cloud turning into a moogle with a buster sword and the voice actor just calmly saying in the normal Cloud voice “Kupo” was worth it

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Also I literally bought the Final Fantasy rhythm game theatrythm and play it a lot and even I had a LOT of trouble with the piano game. I should buy the 16 dlc and get back into that

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The payoff cutscene of cloud turning into a moogle with a buster sword and the voice actor just calmly saying in the normal Cloud voice “Kupo” was worth it

That cutscene truly was perfect.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is the point of no return super obvious? I’m in chapter 12 now, going around and doing side things before I go to the Gold Saucer.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

yeah it's very obvious, it will outright tell you

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

It will directly tell you when the point of no return is about to happen.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

They game is pretty good about telling you, "Hey, you won't be able to go back to this area/the open world for a bit, are you sure you want to continue" throughout.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

One thing the game is not great about telling you in chapter 12 though is that you lose access to a party member before the point of no return which if you’re me is the actual point of no return

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
It's ok. Blitz the ending then use Chapter Select to go back and finish stuff.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I had a good laugh at this, great payoff.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

I have enjoyed all of the voice acting but the deadpan delivery on that line was delightful.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

rufus shinra's dumbass suit...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

what the gently caress

E: WHAT THE gently caress THIS GUY IS THE PROTAGONIST OF FIRST SOLDIER?!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

what the gently caress

E: WHAT THE gently caress THIS GUY IS THE PROTAGONIST OF FIRST SOLDIER?!

lmfao god I love this game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Waffleman_ posted:

rufus shinra's dumbass suit...

He looks badass

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Barret like "Hey, the President is in town. I'm just saying, we can probably whip up a contraption between the five of us."

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

He looks badass

Yup

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I saw the phrase "Larboard Junon" and I immediately know the vile Christopher Michael Koji Fox had his Simpson quoting fingers here

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
how much did rebirth cover in terms of the original? Id hate to see part 3 be really short

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Rebirth is up to the end of disc one. So loads left to go.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

Chump Farts posted:

I have enjoyed all of the voice acting but the deadpan delivery on that line was delightful.

kupo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

oh god the bald bar