Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Ed Gamble really is the perfect embodiment of angry old people, perpetually incensed by the idea of politics doing anything other than acknowledging their specific bugbears; Joe Biden forgave a handful of Student Loans, didn't mow down immigrants at the border with machine guns, and didn't slow inflation enough and this makes him the worst president ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Upliet Harris
:bravo:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Nenonen posted:

Upliet Harris
:bravo:

Lmao

Kellies nomination: unforced error

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog on the Moon: How to get back into reading actual books according to Guardian readers

Is that Leunig's sister?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Hatred of Michael, unwillingness to read all of First Dog On The Moon, she'd fit in well here

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

idonotlikepeas posted:

Jeff Danziger

AGC

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Modern pickup trucks are far too large, heavy, and inefficient for a grocery store run, AGC.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

What violent protesting. What violent protesting.
There have been nonstop outside agitators, a constant flood of adults who don't even go to that university trying to get a reaction with cameras rolling, and an ever-rising surge of police brutality against peaceful protestors. Which part of that is "violent protesting"? This question goes to everyone mentioning it, not just Hitch.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Vib Rib posted:

There have been nonstop outside agitators, a constant flood of adults who don't even go to that university trying to get a reaction with cameras rolling, and an ever-rising surge of police brutality against peaceful protestors. Which part of that is "violent protesting"? This question goes to everyone mentioning it, not just Hitch.

I don't get the right's boner for Israel. Aspirational model for a genocidal ethnostate? Hope in some rapture apocalypse? Just love seeing Muslim children get slaughtered?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Chump Farts posted:

I don't get the right's boner for Israel. Aspirational model for a genocidal ethnostate? Hope in some rapture apocalypse? Just love seeing Muslim children get slaughtered?

Yes, yes, and yes.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Chump Farts posted:

All of the above. It's a broad coalition, everyone gets something!

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Political Cartoons 2024: Some of the answers have been cruelly paraphrased

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
it gives them the chance to be righteously angry. that's it. they don't really care. they just want to scream and curse about the libs being wrong, the police need more money, protestors need to be shut down hard. the issue is irrelevant.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Another reason the American right loves it is because you can hate Jews and still support Israel, which is important to them. And they get to call other people antisemitic, so it's win-win really.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Vib Rib posted:

This is the biggest problem I have too. So many cartoons lately in the thread are about violent protestors chanting "Death to Israel and all Jews", but I don't think there's been any violence or antisemitism (unless they think criticizing Israel = antisemitism)

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Vib Rib posted:

Another reason the American right loves it is because you can hate Jews and still support Israel, which is important to them. And they get to call other people antisemitic, so it's win-win really.
if they were able to think that strategically they would have adopted a muslim country in the same manner long ago. it's even more basic than that.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

JamesBont posted:

This is the biggest problem I have too. So many cartoons lately in the thread are about violent protestors chanting "Death to Israel and all Jews", but I don't think there's been any violence or antisemitism (unless they think criticizing Israel = antisemitism)
Yes they do. Please disregard the ultraorthadox Jews the cops beat in Israel for being against the genocide.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

InsertPotPun posted:

if they were able to think that strategically they would have adopted a muslim country in the same manner long ago. it's even more basic than that.

Saudi Arabia and Qatar kinda work this way

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Didn't see this new Kelly posted.
"Catch-as-Catch-Vatican"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson turning up to vote without ID – The former Tory prime minister forgot to bring the documentation that he himself insisted on passing into law"

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak’s future at risk as Tories face worst local election results in 30 years

Matt:

Independent:

Boost for Tories as Ben Houchen re-elected as Tees Valley mayor After Rubens.

Times:

After Shepard Fairey.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

If it wasn't for the label on the shoes I'd have no idea this is meant to be Biden.

also Kellies Nomination: Most Incomprehensible

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Ignoring all of the other usual Gamble problems, Trump's face is so disturbingly centered in this one. He's got extra real estate on that five-head

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Kellies Nomination: Most Opposite of Reality

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Clay Bennett

David M. Hitch

When you've lost even David M. Hitch, you know it's over.

Jimmy Margulies

Kirk Walters

Lee Judge

For a generally left-leaning cartoonist, Judge really has it out for student protestors.

Phil Hands

Walt Handelsman

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Every now and then Gary McCoy (Mike Lester does this too) produces something from the grimy recesses of the online alt-right. If this is printed anywhere, I doubt 1 in a 1000 readers will recognize what its referencing.

The UCLA Gaza encampment put out a list of requested items to support the camp, specifying "No bagels" because they are rabid antisemites and the bagel is the food of the Jew because they already had as many bagels as they needed.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Kellies Nomination: Ugliest Cartoon

I really dislike this guy's style. What's even happening with the lower half of the protestor?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Jimmy Margulies

On first glance I thought the guy was doing the girl doggy style in the lab

...just me? Ok

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

ajkalan posted:

Kellies Nomination: Ugliest Cartoon

I really dislike this guy's style. What's even happening with the lower half of the protestor?

At first I thought it was a gag about those youths wearing baggy jeans (latest fad), but on closer inspection the protester is actually a puppet on the hand of an arm labeled Antisemitism.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

wizzardstaff posted:

At first I thought it was a gag about those youths wearing baggy jeans (latest fad), but on closer inspection the protester is actually a puppet on the hand of an arm labeled Antisemitism.
I thought he was pantsless and standing in a trash can with a white trash bag lining the inside.

Your explanation makes much more sense.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Murdstone posted:

I thought he was pantsless and standing in a trash can with a white trash bag lining the inside.

Your explanation makes much more sense.

:same:

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

I vaguely read something about this, wasn't the only person hurt the would-be shooter and outside the school no less?

L. Ron DeSantis fucked around with this message at 08:18 on May 5, 2024

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

I vaguely read something about this, wasn't the only person hurt the would-be shooter and outside the school no less?
Yes, a 14 year old male student with a pellet rifle caused the school to go into lock down, the police shot and killed the student outside the school after he aimed the rifle at them.

Cue the typical "How horrible this kind of thing happening in our quiet little rural town!" (In rural Red America where the ratio of guns to people is even higher than the national average and everyone votes for policies in a way that constantly broadcasts to the whole universe how much they hate any person that breathes and that the solution to all problems is always "MOAR GUNZ!".)

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Chris Riddell on Rishi Sunak, sitting in no-chance saloon after local elections drubbing – The prime minister has been trying to put a brave face on the Tories’ heavy losses, but there’s nowhere left to hide"

Sunday Telegraph:

"The Superman of the North flies to Rishi’s rescue with a trend-defying win"

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

Jak Jones aims to become only the fourth qualifier in history to win the World Snooker Championship after beating Stuart Bingham to book Kyren Wilson showdown

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Wow, that's a change from Mac, fat useless husband and a normal looking wife instead of his usual giant terrifying wife and tiny intimidated husband straight from a 60s shitcom.

Has Mac gone woke? (no)

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Speaking of useless people, it's time once again for

As we all know, Jews have never actually had anything to be afraid of in the history of the world and still do not presently.

I guess Jews are also memestockers? Or is Tats so much of a shutin that he doesn't know that Bed, Bath, and Beyond is turbofucked?

Man, I wish I got all these radicalized teachers when I was in school. Maybe their classes just filled up first or something?

I think the people I know in my life most likely to say this are actually Jews. (It gets a bit confusing, especially for stupid people like Ishida, because people can be culturally, religiously, or ethnically Jewish or any combination thereof.)

I guess this is a good time to remind everyone that the vampire here is supposed to be Jonathan Greenblatt, CEO of the Anti-Defamation League. Tatsuya has never really explained why he represents this man as a literal vampire, although I assume it's because of blood libel.

This isn't actually illegal, despite Ishida's whining, but it should be.

You know, if the Jewish FBI wants to secretly start poo poo with these camps, they probably shouldn't literally wear their Jew Shirts to do it. I mean, that's just basic operational security, people.

Pettyfest

This last one's a video, so no timg:

https://i.imgur.com/gVEYkaV.gifv

idonotlikepeas fucked around with this message at 17:00 on May 5, 2024

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The first cartoon is referencing a husband that tweeted a video of his wife meandering around a protest wearing a JEW shirt with ISRAEL on the back (weird which side Ishida focuses on) while nothing happened.

The singing antisemitic vampire stereotype from the 1800s is referring to a law pushed by the House to label criticism against Israel as antisemitism which any college under the Board of Education has to adhere to.

So he’s right but for dumb, bigoted reasons because he doesn’t actually give a poo poo about Palestinians and just wants to hate Jews until he reads something about trans women again.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Mods, please change my name to Mayo Monkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Huh. Pc actually making a good point, using new artwork?

(According to Mexican roommates they celebrate September 12th instead)