Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Slust posted:

Im sure all the women and minorities must be enjoying the break in harassment from the angry gamers while this is going on

except for the lady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Captain Beans posted:

the difference is this is a game people actually want to play

At a glance, Apex Legends is sitting ~250k players on steam right now(or basically whenever). It's always required an EA games account to play. COD is also up there around 100k, and that's Activision.

Yeah, Sony fumbled the ball on HOW to handle account linking but in reality they are basically a small-fry in the "Account required to play online" ecosystem.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Retro42 posted:

Yeah, Sony fumbled the ball on HOW to handle account linking but in reality they are basically a small-fry in the "Account required to play online" ecosystem.

Which makes it even more impressive how badly they hosed this up. Cross network linking is normal and they managed to come up with a solution that pissed off everybody.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Retro42 posted:

At a glance, Apex Legends is sitting ~250k players on steam right now(or basically whenever). It's always required an EA games account to play. COD is also up there around 100k, and that's Activision.

Gamers in general don't care nearly as much about needing a 3rd party account as they claim to, but this is the same community that was already raging exactly this hard because their favorite gun got a slight nerf in the last patch. Being a Reddit Meme Game is a double-edged sword

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

There was also someone calling to bomb the Sony offices on the HD2 discord, so I'm just :yikes: out until things calm down

Slust
Oct 22, 2021

deep dish peat moss posted:

Gamers in general don't care nearly as much about needing a 3rd party account as they claim to, but this is the same community that was already raging exactly this hard because their favorite gun got a slight nerf in the last patch. Being a Reddit Meme Game is a double-edged sword

Yeah its unfortunate this is probably gonna end in the psn requirement being removed. I was looking forward to all the obnoxious dorks quitting the game

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Slust posted:

Yeah its unfortunate this is probably gonna end in the psn requirement being removed. I was looking forward to all the obnoxious dorks quitting the game

they were never going to quit

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Holy poo poo reddit is full of cringey gamer overreactions. Comparisons to Article 5 (as in NATO) and Rosa Parks and...gently caress me. It's so overwrought.

Slust
Oct 22, 2021
Let a man dream

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

novaSphere posted:

There was also someone calling to bomb the Sony offices on the HD2 discord, so I'm just :yikes: out until things calm down

It’ll just bounce and TK everyone anyway

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Slust posted:

Followed by them unironically going back to complaining about griefers and cheaters and how come Sony/Arrowhead won't "DO SOMETHING" about them.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

hey corpo bootlickers,

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Astrochicken posted:

hey corpo bootlickers,

Hi

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
reddit sucks poo poo but they're rightfully mad. Sony just demonstrated for 1/4 of a year that their lovely PSN integration isn't actually required to make the game function well, and in fact, only seems to introduce either no benefit or negatives for players. of course something, no matter how trivial, will be met with resistance when it's wholly unnecessary. doubly so when it's for a company as loathed as Sony.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Retro42 posted:

your right and I was just kind of making a joking comparison to Ubisoft but the real answer is pc gamers are big babies

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

Imagine if you could harness Gamer Anger for literally any worthwhile cause.

No we rather just harass people especially women because they are ruining our games, even though most games still have 99% staff of white men. I am gonna blame women for Suicide Squad, every bad c suite decision for every game.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Jeff Fatwood posted:

Which makes it even more impressive how badly they hosed this up. Cross network linking is normal and they managed to come up with a solution that pissed off everybody.

Since you've already decided you're not going to play the game why don't you just kind of chill out and maybe post in a thread of a game you do play?

Seems weird to be so invested in the thread of a game you aren't playing.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I hope you corpo bootlickers who don't mind having their rugs pulled by famously privacy-minded Sony Corp at least head to Steam and drop a thumbs down on the store page.

I'm not making a PSN account for this lol, but I will play until the end of the month until it's required. Maybe they'll change it.

Kind of amazing how Sony managed to gently caress over their star game, once again snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

I'm honestly surprised at all the people defending Sony, gently caress em

Wake the gently caress up Samurai

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

So the game's over?

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Winkle-Daddy posted:

reddit sucks poo poo but they're rightfully mad.

Are they? What are they rightfully mad about? The imaginary disaster they cooked up in their heads that was clarified and dismissed less than a day later?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ya

Slust
Oct 22, 2021

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Since you've already decided you're not going to play the game why don't you just kind of chill out and maybe post in a thread of a game you do play?

Seems weird to be so invested in the thread of a game you aren't playing.

But then we won't be talking about the same stupid thing for pages instead of the actual game

Speaking of which, did they overtune the counter sniper? It feels too good and now completely overshadows the regular diligence

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

i assume this'll all be sorted out by the next time i have time to play again

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Some posters just cannot resist the temptation of imagining themselves as righteous defenders of whatever and they will endlessly drone on about it.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

johnny park posted:

Are they? What are they rightfully mad about? The imaginary disaster they cooked up in their heads that was clarified and dismissed less than a day later?

that they're being made to do something that is demonstrably unnecessary and only introduced neutral or negative outcomes for the consumer.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
The sanctity of the Helldivers 2 thread has been soiled by a righteous defense of consumerism

Slust
Oct 22, 2021
I know I raise hell whenever something produces a neutral outcome

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Winkle-Daddy posted:

that they're being made to do something that is demonstrably unnecessary and only introduced neutral or negative outcomes for the consumer.

Do you think the response we've seen over the last 24 hours is proportional to the "burden" of having to make a PSN account?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Slust posted:

Speaking of which, did they overtune the counter sniper? It feels too good and now completely overshadows the regular diligence

i'm not even sure what the difference between the diligence and the counter sniper is supposed to be. the latter one shots basic bots most of the time and has a high enough rof to clear groups relatively comfortably while also being able to ohk dominators with a headshot so why does the former even exist?

johnny park posted:

they targeted gamers

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Jeff Fatwood posted:

The sanctity of the Helldivers 2 thread has been soiled by a righteous defense of consumerism

I definitely post in threads just to let people know I don't participate in the subject of that thread. As a result I'm super popular and an amazing poster.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

johnny park posted:

the "burden" of having to make a PSN account?

I like you how keep excluding the issue about the other 100 countries outside the PSN

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Jeff Fatwood posted:

I like you how keep excluding the issue about the other 100 countries outside the PSN

johnny park posted:

Wow it's almost like it took less than a day for the only major concern to be addressed and everyone freaking the gently caress out about the worst possible scenario were jumping the gun :thumbsup:

Slust
Oct 22, 2021

turn off the TV posted:

i'm not even sure what the difference between the diligence and the counter sniper is supposed to be. the latter one shots basic bots most of the time and has a high enough rof to clear groups relatively comfortably while also being able to ohk dominators with a headshot so why does the former even exist?

they targeted gamers

Exactly the counter sniper was balanced by being unwieldy but now that flaw is gone so it is just straight better in everyway

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

I definitely post in threads just to let people know I don't participate in the subject of that thread. As a result I'm super popular and an amazing poster.

I'll make a note that sharing personal anecdotes about how interests can wane can be triggering to some

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

and there was nothing that happened before that could have lead to this outcome

Slust
Oct 22, 2021

Jeff Fatwood posted:

Hopefully sony rectifies that but technically those people bought a game that stated a psn requirement so kind of partially on them?

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

johnny park posted:

Do you think the response we've seen over the last 24 hours is proportional to the "burden" of having to make a PSN account?

I think it's good to leave a negative review when a game asks it's players to do something unnecessary, and it seems more than half the active PC player base feels the same. idiots on reddit being unhinged weirdos has no bearing on the validity of people's complaint that this is not actually necessary as evidenced by the last quarter year.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

do it for bloodborne.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Slust posted:

Hopefully sony rectifies that but technically those people bought a game that stated a psn requirement so kind of partially on them?

nah i don't think that flies.

yah there was a warning on the steam page but if they knew this was coming they should not have sold the game in those regions. anyway arrowhead is not going to ban half the world from their game so it's moot in any case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Slust posted:

I get there are legitimate concerns around issues creating or accessing a PSN account, but it is slightly hilarious to me that there is a warning on the store page and it is LITERALLY one of the first things you see when you start up the game first time, yet people are going "How could they do this to me with zero warning?!"

Of course people never EVER read any of that so it's not a surprise, but still.