Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Delta-Wye posted:

a succession crisis at the waning of empire? please please i can only get so :awesome:

Joe Biden hands power to Douglas MacArthur and flees overseas.

Nobody has the heart to tell him he's been dead for decades, just like his family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Platystemon posted:

This one is fun because it goes to the House of Representative but every state gets the same voting power as if they were the Senate. California’s fifty‐two representatives are together only as powerful as one Dusty Johnson (R–SD).

And that’s why the U.S. Constitution is the greatest document this side of the Holy Bible. :911:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bYkNptOJns

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

biden loses and runs again in 2028

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Doktor Avalanche posted:

Its gonna be this

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Doktor Avalanche posted:

you'd think that 2028 would be the year they panic and nominate Pritzker, but the Democrats are not a serious party

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I remember January, when D&D told me that Biden's awful polling didn't matter. I remember March, when D&D told me Biden's even worse polling still didn't matter.

It's May, Biden has the worst presidential polling in 70 years, and he is still saying and doing all the worst and stupidest things possible. I wonder what their next level of rationalization will look like?

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
It won't end until someone says the general election results aren't predictive

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SixteenShells posted:

Exactly. Lib Jan 6th where they wear pink hats and hang out on the Washington Mall listening to like, idk John Stewart, Anderson Cooper, Hillary Clinton talk about how the election was stolen.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

FistEnergy posted:

I wonder what their next level of rationalization will look like?

It's Cornel West's fault, Russia stole the 2024 election, etc.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Ghouls like carville are already blaming young voters for the seemingly inevitable loss. "we'll just have to work with moderates who can actually be reached unlike these radicalized anti-democracy freeloaders" they'll say.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

SixteenShells posted:

how a lib does January 6th

edit: beaten to this joke

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Ghouls like carville are already blaming young voters for the seemingly inevitable loss. "we'll just have to work with moderates who can actually be reached unlike these radicalized anti-democracy freeloaders" they'll say.

evergreen

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

that needs to be updated to add dems also move to the right

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
The Democrats!

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1786155358966194570

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

SgtMongoose posted:

The last time the election went to the House was 200 years ago. In the Corrupt Bargain of 1824, Speaker of the House and 3rd place runner up Henry Clay conspired with the 2nd place John Quincy Adams to deny popular demagogue Andrew Jackson, the popular vote and electoral college plurality winner, the Presidency. Adams would then make Clay his Secretary of State, and Jackson would wage a 4 year public revenge campaign that would result in his overwhelming victory in 1828 to the aghast of the Washington establishment. Clay and Adams would go on to be remembered as trivia questions while Jackson's name would define the entire period and his face put on the $20 bill.

In 100 years, Trump's face will be on money.

Too bad we never had a Clay presidency. He wanted to invest in railroads and canals and other national projects while most of the Democratic Republican Party was still wedded to the Jeffersonian “gentleman farmer” idea that had little grounding in economic reality. He also thought Indian Removal was barbaric.

You’re right that most AP History students remember him as that guy who ran for president like six times and got owned by Jackson.

Ted Wassanasong
Apr 8, 2020

FistEnergy posted:

I remember January, when D&D told me that Biden's awful polling didn't matter. I remember March, when D&D told me Biden's even worse polling still didn't matter.

It's May, Biden has the worst presidential polling in 70 years, and he is still saying and doing all the worst and stupidest things possible. I wonder what their next level of rationalization will look like?

"Trump would do all the bad things Biden is doing, so you are wrong for not voting for the less vocally racist old gently caress."

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

maybe if joe keeps arresting and locking up all the kids they'll come around vote for him

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Democrats won’t do a January Sixth because they’re not interested in blaming their loss on Republican cheats. They’re going to blame leftists.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
and besides, doing a January 6th would be against the rules. Their January 6th will be held in the courts, in accordance with rules and democracy.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

they already attempted their version of a Jan. 6 the first time Trump was elected

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
speaking of polls

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1786439060682158548

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

harden your heart Trump and don't hold back

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Can't believe Donald Trump colluded with Russia to buy RFK Jr. ads on Tiktok and stole the election

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

she says what we're all thinkin

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Vim Fuego posted:

NoJoe 2024

Kopmala
Mar 28, 2024

There has to be a way to pressure the DNC to dump Biden and nominate Newsome.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Can't wait to have a younger POC democrat sending weapons and money to Israel 🤗🤗🤗

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Can't wait to have a younger POC democrat sending weapons and money to Israel 🤗🤗🤗

What part of "More POC Prison Guards" don't you get...? :thunk:

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Kopmala posted:

There has to be a way to pressure the DNC to dump Biden and nominate Newsome.

this would further ensure the democrats' destruction, so ... yes.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

all hopes that kamala would be the final stake in the heart of the democratic party mechanism are dashed when she, clousseau like, absolutely unintentionally, through stumbling, missteps and errors and blunders, klutzes the country to economic and foreign policy stability

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

*signs sweeping labor reform into law by mistaking it for an amazon delivery*

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

*paves the way for world peace by ordering a joint forces base built in the bermuda triangle*

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

*spills wine on the original draft of the constitution*

*wine reveals extra section on the judiciary written in invisible ink*

*wins 3 supreme court justice seats via arena combat to the death*

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I love all of those scenarios The Voice of Labor

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
mrs magoo dem president would be great

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, it's a fun joke to imagine the world getting better

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I think I finally get why snl is so insufferably lib brained. it's because this stuff writes itself

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

The Voice of Labor posted:

I think I finally get why snl is so insufferably lib brained. it's because this stuff writes itself

I've read a few interviews with folks who worked in the writing room for some late night shows from 2016 thru 2020 that have said as much. There's actually pressure to go with bad nonhumor with just signifiers like 'trump bad!' So people will know to just laugh vs actually writing a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

The Voice of Labor posted:

*paves the way for world peace by ordering a joint forces base built in the bermuda triangle*

*after a week of complete radio silence from bermuda triangle cuba forward observation post 1, assumes cuba to be pacified*

*arranges one way transport to the island for all guissanos that they may repatriate their homeland*

*guissano ship arrives, passengers are surprised to find the revolution alive and well. they are forced off at gun point then trained to be doctors then sent out to heal the sick and injured of the world*