Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Some Guy TT posted:

the way popular feminist discourse presumes that sexually attractive men and men who are likely to do a rape as being mutually exclusive groups has legit gotten really gross this is like one of the founding myths of patriarchy and a major component of rape culture and this seems to have gone from something needing to be debunked to something we should just assume is basically true for no other reason than to punch down on incels

I don't think the question mentions if the man is an uggo or not op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

tokin opposition posted:

its a related issue to the idea that acquaintance rape is seen as rare compared to stranger rape which just isnt the case at all

but yeah sorry kind of got my wires crossed because i was reading other recent posts from participants in this discourse basically complaining about being friend zoned

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

i say swears online posted:

does the bear have a 50/50 shot at being female

Orange Devil posted:

Is the bear a marine and/or Einstein?

The bear is a male, and has also watched a lot of Jordan Peterson videos and thinks Destiny has a lot to say about life.

The bear has never claimed to be red pilled, but he is lying about not having a reddit account

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

tokin opposition posted:

it's called subtext and it's for cowards

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Fred and yogi are the same person.

Fred was injured at work and took up yoga as a new career

you see all he needed to become a Yogi was a boo-boo

:hmmyes:

War and Pieces posted:

it's called subtext and it's for cowards

I once had a conversation with someone after Sarah Everard's murder where she did the "all men" thing and was pretty pissed, but literally everything I could respond with was just making her angrier whether it was agreeing all men are shits or pointing out that wasn't the case. So I shut my trap. But I do wonder what she expected to happen after that event. Was the world suddenly going to realise "actually, killing women is bad, mmkay?" and move on?

That was four years ago now, and the recent incident in Australia shows not a whole lot of movement here, so... what actually happens? Bear vs. enraged psychoman memes

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Some Guy TT posted:

and now for some more lighthearted hypotheticals

would you rather be stuck in the woods with fred flintstone or yogi bear

what about xi jinping or winnie the pooh

yogi would probably steal my lunch so i'm gonna go with fred flintstone

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Eason the Fifth posted:

I first parsed this question as man (hetero) and bear (hairy, gay) and it didn't make a goddamn lick of sense

Would you rather come across a bear or a twink in the woods?

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

Would you rather come across a bear or a twink in the woods?

twinks are closely followed by forums moderators...the bear for sure

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Ohtori Akio posted:

twinks are closely followed by forums moderators...the bear for sure
never get between a moderator and their twinks

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

:hmmyes:

I once had a conversation with someone after Sarah Everard's murder where she did the "all men" thing and was pretty pissed, but literally everything I could respond with was just making her angrier whether it was agreeing all men are shits or pointing out that wasn't the case. So I shut my trap. But I do wonder what she expected to happen after that event. Was the world suddenly going to realise "actually, killing women is bad, mmkay?" and move on?

That was four years ago now, and the recent incident in Australia shows not a whole lot of movement here, so... what actually happens? Bear vs. enraged psychoman memes

I think you're just supposed to shut up and nod respectfully and possibly subscribe to her Patreon.

Just making themselves mad and not actually showing any actionable path forward is kind of a theme, since under liberalism literally any material action is completely unthinkable. They're baffled and even offended by the insinuation that problems have causes.

Some Guy TT posted:

and now for some more lighthearted hypotheticals

would you rather be stuck in the woods with fred flintstone or yogi bear

what about xi jinping or winnie the pooh

Yogi Bear definitely, I'm pretty sure he'd help me out just for an opportunity to get my lunch, while Fred Flintstone has half a chance of getting flashbacks to the time him and Barney committed a genocide

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

If it was a choice between a bear or a woman I think I'd probably take the bear too. I don't have enough money for all that shopping the woman would do

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Would you rather come across an acephobic AMAB enby or a truscum trans man at tumblrcon

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
take it to the transphobia thread

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Nix Panicus posted:

If it was a choice between a bear or a woman I think I'd probably take the bear too. I don't have enough money for all that shopping the woman would do

[Jay and silent Bob voice] oh thank god, Bear is driving

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
What is it with liberals and taking asinine thought experiments more seriously than literally anything else in the world

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
What if it’s an anti-bear?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

bear leading another bear into the deep woods, leaving a bewildered man and woman to hike back in complete silence

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

What is it with liberals and taking asinine thought experiments more seriously than literally anything else in the world

it's an excuse to ignore material reality and retreat further into naval gazing comfort rather than confront the hell we ahve created.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Ohtori Akio posted:

take it to the transphobia thread

Where do you think we are right now

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

tokin opposition posted:

Where do you think we are right now

not the goldmine thats for sure

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

still not sure whether youd rather be stuck in the woods with a man or a bear? perhaps these comics can help you make up your mind

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

howabout meeting an ice cold BEER?? haha just havin some fun yall. have a great week

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

howabout meeting an ice cold BEER?? haha just havin some fun yall. have a great week

This is a microagression to furries. Do better

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

What if you met a bear...but it was literally made of ice

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
If Sub Zero’s using his Animality you’ve already lost.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

that'd be pretty cool

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

what if the bear was a fridge and you had a dead body you needed to preserve

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
a lot of people were disappointed in season 2 i just never got around to it

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

https://youtu.be/9wo3PAfV2EA?si=ayM0Kn1994rCtHup

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

what if the bear was a fridge and you had a dead body you needed to preserve

This is ridiculous. A bear is an animal (that I'm sure we're all familiar with), while a fridge is a kitchen appliance.

But a bear made of ice is something that actually exists:

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

Ytlaya posted:

This is ridiculous. A bear is an animal (that I'm sure we're all familiar with), while a fridge is a kitchen appliance.

But a bear made of ice is something that actually exists:

Cool

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

jokes on them I don't go hiking,

would you rather encounter a make kayaker or a crocodile?

Ted Wassanasong
Apr 8, 2020

Megamissen posted:

meeting a bear would be very cool if it doesnt attack you

They mostly don't, ran in to a few black bears, they never want anything to do with you. Much safer than a random Florida man in the woods.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

liberal feminism seems like it really favors voluntary sex segregation since it can't actually solve gender inequality. you'd have to both break the back of the rich patriarchal system and adopt a radically different way of viewing gender to begin with, and that's scary so instead we're going to see more dipshit women trying to retreat into women's-only enclaves while the men get increasingly hopped up on mgtow poo poo, and both approaches will be ruthlessly capitalized upon by said rich patriarchs.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Whirling posted:

liberal feminism seems like it really favors voluntary sex segregation since it can't actually solve gender inequality. you'd have to both break the back of the rich patriarchal system and adopt a radically different way of viewing gender to begin with, and that's scary so instead we're going to see more dipshit women trying to retreat into women's-only enclaves while the men get increasingly hopped up on mgtow poo poo, and both approaches will be ruthlessly capitalized upon by said rich patriarchs.

feminishly: In the name of the greatest people that have ever trod this earth, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of bears and men in the woods, and I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The solution is to eliminate sex. It's time to put sonic in the drinking water to create a super race of asexuals with strong opinions about trains.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiSfL5V2QMs

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

The solution is to eliminate sex. It's time to put sonic in the drinking water to create a super race of asexuals with strong opinions about trains.

Are beetles an acceptable substitute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Whirling posted:

They want female only spaces strictly enforced but they want the freedom to cross into male only spaces, presumably cool ones like spearfishing trips not weird discords.