Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Okay the Kirkland lowland scotch is great I should have held faith like my role model Kirkland Cameron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Paracausal posted:

This is called a "bachelor's handbag" here in Australia
Incredible

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Paracausal posted:

This is called a "bachelor's handbag" here in Australia and the qualities of each chains chook is a robust public discussion, Costco's is middling.

*Flips table*

Edit:
Oh right. Is the bakery flan only west Coast or has anybody seen it east coast?

Heffer fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 4, 2024

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Went to Costco.

Got the dog.

Got the drank.

Got the onions.

Haters get out.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
We recently moved near Seattle and there is a new-ish Costco right by us. Idk if this is a seattle thing or just a quirk of this particular costco but everyone ignores the sample carts 95% of the time, which is great. ban all samples, always. costco has a loving 100% satisfaction guarantee, if you really buy some random bad thing just return it. Don't engage in the faustian bargain which is samples.

BUT in some kind of monkeys paw situation, the one person actually getting a sample randomly will almost inevitably have their cart parked perpendicular blocking the entire aisle. I've been going to this exact costco for a year now and it still happens all the time.

Every costco has a very strange ecosystem of how the people act, like a little capitalist terrarium

e: they also have surprisingly different food selections depending on location, even in the same city often times. I used to live in Santa Cruz but always had to make a pilgrimate to Sunnyvale costco to get my indian food bulk stuff because even the other costcos near it in the bay didn't have that stuff.

The best thing the PNW Costcos have that others don't, and its not even close, it's cheap chanterelles during Fall. They used to be CRAZY cheap, like $9.50 a pound. They're more now, but still a fraction of most places when they're in stock. PNW costco also used to get cheap builk cherries but climate change has put the kibosh on that real hard lately...

Taima fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 4, 2024

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

we get cheap chanterelles here too. :worship: pbuc

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Taima posted:

The best thing the PNW Costcos have that others don't, and its not even close, it's cheap chanterelles during Fall.

yeeessss. i go absolutely nuts with shroomy recipes when those come in. so good.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Bought the Kirkland brand flushable wipes and it's reminding me of the weird examples of where certain Kirkland brand things are genuinely worse quality then the premium brand, and saving a couple bucks is not worth it.

The other notable example was paper towels, which at some point in the last few years went from good to trash quality.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yeah I’ve just been getting the bounty towels instead

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Really? I haven’t noticed any difference.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
flushable wipes are dumb as hell any way. they gently caress up everyones plumbing. Just get a bidet for a clean rear end.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
a bidet is probably the best purchase you can make in your lifetime

astral
Apr 26, 2004

pentyne posted:

The other notable example was paper towels, which at some point in the last few years went from good to trash quality.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Really? I haven’t noticed any difference.

This might be regional like the TP.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
My local Costco is now in chicken bag country.

Whatever happens to the chicken next, I've bagged it first

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

gotta take a trip down to the titicaca co’ for the good tp

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

thathonkey posted:

It's this.

I got one during Covid and boy oh boy I won't ever be without. Then last year I went to Japan, the Country of the Bidet and had a clean rear end everywhere even while away from home.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I want to get a bidet seat but I was spoiled by the ones at my work that are hideously expensive to buy for the home.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I got a washlet but I still gotta wipe. Do I need to see a doctor

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

We put off buying a bidet forever because we wanted a fancy electric Toto one. Then we got one and had to return it because we didn’t have an outlet near the toilet.

Now I have a cheap $30 Amazon thing that doesn’t warm my rear end or the water but it’s already life changing. We waited too long.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I got a washlet and my anus meat is like the skin of a newborn dolphin.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

The Toom garlic dip combined with the Stonefire naan is insane

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

MFW I go to a new Costco for the first time and there's a second floor. :pusheen:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Blue Moonlight posted:

I want to get a bidet seat but I was spoiled by the ones at my work that are hideously expensive to buy for the home.

once you go toto, you can't go back

astral
Apr 26, 2004

rodbeard posted:

MFW I go to a new Costco for the first time and there's a second floor. :pusheen:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

why can't I gently caress the chicken

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

thathonkey posted:

they're pretty good yeah

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

pencilhands posted:

The Toom garlic dip combined with the Stonefire naan is insane

There's no way I finish that whole tub of garlic power but as someone who has made toum from scratch before, that 6 bux is still worth it even just for a few meals.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

PokeJoe posted:

why can't I gently caress the chicken
You can. But you mustn't

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Martman posted:

You can. But you mustn't

Do not listen to this. No one can stop you.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
We only ask that you do it in a secluded place, such as in the walk in refrigerator

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

costco sells the toto attachment but yeah you need an outlet right next to your toilet unless you do an extension cord just to help your butthole

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Something like this.

It's all I've ever seen in my entire life. Everywhere.

Posters in this thread have complained about the leaking.

hmm, now that I think of it, I may have only ever gotten one rotisserie chicken in my life. Maybe 15 years ago.

Every grocery store where I live has been using bags for the better part of a decade. Gotta make sure the bag is secure in transit.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Does Costco sell a bidet strong enough to effortlessly fire right up your rear end in a top hat like the Japanese ones? If not no sale.

AlphaKeny1 posted:

unless you do an extension cord just to help your butthole

lol if you don't, in general

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Zero VGS posted:

Does Costco sell a bidet strong enough to effortlessly fire right up your rear end in a top hat like the Japanese ones? If not no sale.

lol if you don't, in general

Yeah they sell power washers

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Bidets are life changing, fuckin get one you assfilth goblins!!!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Johnny Truant posted:

Bidets are life changing, fuckin get one you assfilth goblins!!!

With the price of TP you’ll make back the money on the bidet in a year easy.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Sitting on a washlet as I type this. Of our 3 toilets, only one has one, so it’s the poopin’ room

sine730
Jun 4, 2023

Their fresh baked bread is unmatched. Went there today to get two loaves of that and some Rao's marinara. Of course I got a slice on my way out. Forgot a quarter for water and burned the poo poo out of my mouth. Totally worth it, I'll do it again.

sine730
Jun 4, 2023

This was around 10:30 on a Sunday, so the post-church crowd was out. Had to listen to some insufferable old lady talk about the gospel and how people are selfish and blah blah blah while I wolfed my food. Might've ruined the meal if I wasn't so high on the fact that this big-rear end slice of pizza was only $2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I love costco! It's so great when you're going to an event where bringing food/drinks to share is expected and needing some last minute crowd pleasers.