Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

pliable posted:

I just realized that Kendrick doesn't even need to put out another diss track responding to The Heart Part 6. The track was seriously "I'm not a pedo, I'm loving not, gently caress you I'm seriously not you guys I'm really not a pedo", and I don't really see how that necessitates a response...

There's probably no reason for Kendrick to drop until Drake tries to post his comeback single. That's when Kendrick should step on him again. "Oh, you're gonna drop 'Hotline Bling (pt.2)' or something? Let me remind everyone who you've been texting about an hour after comeback that drops."

Also, I don't think it can be understated how masterfully Metro Boomin played this. Clowning Drake is now an Internet meme with a free template. Even once the contest is done, I suspect we'll get BBL Drizzy verses for years to come. I don't know how anyone walks back into pop relevance with that. He'll be lucky if he can do a Vegas residency after this has cooled down for a few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

haha, i like this one a lot.

Pirate Jet posted:

If The Story of Adidon didn’t kill Drake then this won’t, but frankly I don’t want to return to the status quo in a few months I wish this would chase Drake out of fame forever

i can't remember which of the million streamers, influencers or whoever that i've been watching said this but attacking him via accusations of exploiting new artists (atlanta) might really hurt him because that's where he gets a lot of his fame/clout from. making him seem like a corny, exploitative pedo might make people think twice about working with him, which cuts down on his output.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://twitter.com/_claypot/status/1787710993902059971
Oh this is fun

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

This is gonna end with Drake leaning into an alt right incel fan base and claiming he got cancelled for being white

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Wamsutta posted:

This is gonna end with Drake leaning into an alt right incel fan base and claiming he got cancelled for being white

ah gently caress, I can see this happening.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Drake disappears for 6 months then reappears on stream with Andrew Tate.

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

Ultraklystron posted:

There's probably no reason for Kendrick to drop until Drake tries to post his comeback single. That's when Kendrick should step on him again. "Oh, you're gonna drop 'Hotline Bling (pt.2)' or something? Let me remind everyone who you've been texting about an hour after comeback that drops."

Also, I don't think it can be understated how masterfully Metro Boomin played this. Clowning Drake is now an Internet meme with a free template. Even once the contest is done, I suspect we'll get BBL Drizzy verses for years to come. I don't know how anyone walks back into pop relevance with that. He'll be lucky if he can do a Vegas residency after this has cooled down for a few years.

Jesus loving christ the BBL DRIZZY poo poo is too loving funny. I think it works due to it's sheer simplicity in catchiness lol. God I love Metro Boomin

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

pliable posted:

Jesus loving christ the BBL DRIZZY poo poo is too loving funny. I think it works due to it's sheer simplicity in catchiness lol. God I love Metro Boomin

It's been stuck in my head for a while now, which kinda sucks because I got stuff to do and focus on and a constant flow of "bbl drizzy!" on loop in my head is getting in the way.

It was the duolinguo one that got it stuck there somehow.

Ultraklystron posted:

At some point, if this is just getting stretched out for months with Kendrick waiting isn't that gonna start to look a little bad?

I would be cool with it but I dunno, I can see it looking kinda desperate. I'm just hoping we get some kind of death blow receipts everything that Kendrick has been intentionally holding back for the end. I'm not expecting it, but who knows.

There's a bunch of really funny ways I can see this going, and all of them, for me, involve Drake getting absolutely destroyed.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Metro tweeting poo poo like “you can’t even talk about why I hate you” makes me think there’s some dark dark stuff that might come to light

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Toxic Mental posted:

Not Like Us's instrumental sounds like it was made on a TI-83, I hate that loving beat god drat

Ahahah calm down Aubrey!

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

TheBizzness posted:

Not for me like TPAB isn’t for you.

I appreciate nobody trying to defend ma$e though

Fair enough friend sorry for the knee jerk reaction

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Wamsutta posted:

the elon musk follow made me consider this.. hes going to start collab'ing with kanye

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
i just keep wandering around the office singing "bbl drizzy" to myself under my breath

Wamsutta posted:

fd signifier had a good interview on hasan's stream where he noted that drake has been leaning into redpill audiences for a little while now and this could be an accelerant of that. which seems like it will go to a dark place for sure.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So y’all thinking we get a drop today?

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
https://x.com/chartdata/status/1787789176282161219?s=46&t=vzVvpd1rtSXZpqUY4rSHBA

I don’t know how to make the embed work on mobile but lol

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Embeds just work automatically on the iOS app, I’m sure it’s the same for the Android one.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

thathonkey posted:

the elon musk follow made me consider this.. hes going to start collab'ing with kanye

I don't think specifically Kanye, he tried to insert himself in this a few weeks ago. He's more Alex Jones pill than Jordan Pedoson pill.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Skeezy posted:

So y’all thinking we get a drop today?

I will never be prepared for the next drop. Hypervigilance was this weekend but I'm an old man now. Kendrick will jumpscare us with that next track.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rubby:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://x.com/citytammie/status/1787817094463033599

Reports rn say it’s unrelated to Drake/Kendrick but who knows.

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 13:57 on May 7, 2024

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Skeezy posted:

https://x.com/citytammie/status/1787817094463033599

Reports rn say it’s unrelated to Drake/Kendrick but who knows.

Trying to get rid of the OVO moles I see.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

A whole season of Fargo about an aged-out Canadian rapper finally finding out after a decade who the mole was, in the squalor of his formerly luxurious mansion, which is now half-occupied by a biker gang.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
It’s been a week since euphoria but after this past weekend it feels like it’s been months. I was even thinking about how even 6:16 in LA felt like a long time ago. We really went through something

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Mons Hubris posted:

This lady is the owner and proprietor of the W Hotel in Hollywood

lmao

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
THE EMBASSY ABOUT TO GET RAIDED TOO, ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Mons Hubris posted:

This lady is the owner and proprietor of the W Hotel in Hollywood

R U talking CBB in my NMD?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It's probably just someone teaching Drake how to use a gun.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Thinking back to all the stupid Toronto patois on If You’re Reading this…

We heaaaavy in the streets

Lol

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

There is NOT A MOLE inside my inner circle, Kendrick! NOT A MOLE! Any information that was fed to you was PLANTED! By US! On PURPOSE!

Now please ignore that someone just got shot in my house, it is 100% totally not us all turning on each other like The Thing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://x.com/no_cut_card/status/1787850627055317167

poo poo is about to get very dumb lmao

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Did someone say patois?

https://youtu.be/24I3bmgjClo?si=5zAviH5cjoCVnS0Z

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Imagining somebody doing Kendrick’s really stupid / non threatening DOOT DOOT DOOT gun Adlibs as they shoot at drakes big cinder block of a house

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

drat what did Drake do to piss off 21 Savage?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

A lot

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
This whole thing feels like the biggest outpouring of creative hating on a celebrity* since the days of Newgrounds games about killing Justin Bieber. Like everyone was getting sick of Drake and Kendrick + Metro have given everyone the permission and jumping-off point to vent it.

*not named Donald Trump

duck.exe fucked around with this message at 15:58 on May 7, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

duck.exe posted:

This whole thing feels like the biggest outpouring of creative hating on a celebrity* since the days of Newgrounds games about killing Justin Bieber.

*not named Donald Trump

At least in this instance it’s the abuser and not the victim!